This is another hotel belonging to the cgh group which claim to offer unique environments where less is more, and luxury lies in simplicity. Hmm! This sounds like a cheapskates charter but it isn't. The hotel sets very good standards for cleanliness, comfort and service. We stayed in 5 of their properties on this trip and found the amenities and service to be very good in them all.
The hotel was actually built in 1999 though it looks much older. The rooms are large, the beds comfortable and the service very good indeed. Breakfast was excellent for Indian food but the European option such as eggs benedict failed because the required ingredients are not available. Indian ham is not a gastronomic pleasure. We would definitely suggest the masala dosas which set us up for anything! The upper floor rooms are nicer than the lower floors and the view from the verandah was excellent even if it included the the largest container port in Asia! Strangely this didn't bother us and we spent much time watching the dolphins playing in the wake of the ships, and the little wooden dug out canoes paying out fishing nets as enormous container ships sailed smoothly past.
It is a lovely spot and a delightful start to a Keralan tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin