Imagine a beautiful colonial-style hotel. The decor is early elephant-bagger, right down to the magnificent snooker table in the huge high-celinged lobby and the punkawallah celing fans. The food is good, the bar and staff are exemplary.
Sound good? We thought so too. And then we discovered something by the side of the bed.
It was the first time I had ever been supplied with earplugs by a hotel. They are of the type used by people who enjoy a little shooting now and again. But they were useless against what was to follow.
If only they had put the hotel elsewhere. The foghorn of a supertanker can apparently be heard 25 miles distant across open water. When it is a short distance from your room window (it felt like 1.5cm away) the aural assault is indescribable. The captain unleashed the first salvo at 1.30am, and the chorus was taken up by lesser vessels in the vicinity.
Your chances of a good night's sleep are akin to those of winning the world Formula One Title in a tuk-tuk with a bald tyre.
To those who relish an insomnia-driven frame or two of snooker in the early hours, it's ideal.
For anyone else, be warned. It's noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin