Free cancellation until 03/08
US$33
Homestead Hotel(Kottayam)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$18
Akkara Homestay & Ayurveda Center(Kottayam)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$36
  • Spa
Kuttickattil Gardens Homestay(Kottayam)(Great Value!)
US$18
US$17
Priceline
Basis Reisen(Kottayam)
US$80
All reviewsdr sreejitayurvedic treatmentsathreya resorthealth issuesrecommend athreyaauthentic ayurvedahis wifevisited athreyatreatment roomshealth carewestern medicinehealing experiencethree weeksyoga classesdaily consultationsayurvedic centrekitchen staff
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

My sister and I decided to go to this center because she had already been once and absolutely loved it.
She was right! We had three weeks of detox and rejuvenation with amazing results and 4 months later are feeling better and more energized than ever. The staff at Athreya is so wonderful and attentive and we always knew we were in good hands with people that really cared.
I highly recommend Athreya to anyone looking for very personalized attention and looking for a life boost!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

After reading a few trip advisor reviews I decided that this place sounded right for what I was looking for. It with all certainty was. I went for 8 nights - and wish I had stayed longer. The impact the process at the centre had on me was profound. Within 3 days I was smiling from ear to ear - feeling happier and more alive than I could remember. My body felt like it had gone through a complete reboot. Some of the processes to get tho this point where unconventional and frightening but I would now do it all again in a heart beat. The doc really knows what he is doing! I imagine returning to my life after this journey and returning to the way I was feeling prior to the experience but this has not happened. I continue to have lots of energy and a big smile on my face. My draw to a healthy lifestyle has increased - I'm eating better and doing healthier activities. I wish I had gone for longer as I would have loved to have seen the results of a longer stay...and experience more of their weird and wonderful therapies. There was nothing not to like at this place...friendly people, amazing service (they accomodated all my needs to explore the area even though this is not recommended while in treatment), delicious food which I miss immensely now that i am at home (even though I could not identify what I was eating most of the time), and back to basics powerful and effective yoga. The spa facilities are on the older side but it doesn't matter...everything is clean and tidy. There are many more positives I can write as the list is endless. Just a few warnings - no hot water showers - there is hot water in your bathroom, however. There is a reason for this and this will be explained. Another warning - the beds are hard - good for you too, but it may take some time to get used to. Other than these being 'preparation for the experience warnings', I can't fault the place and highly recommend it. I wish I could be back there now!!

Room Tip: Some rooms are sunnier than other - you may want to specify that in your booking if you prefer more light in your room.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I returned to Athreya for my eighth consecutive year in November of 2016. I was greeted w/ warmth, professionalism, courtesy & friendship. The deep cleansing each year helps my immune system & I stay healthy throughout the year. The caring & expertise of Dr. Sreejit & Dr. Jayalakshmi & their daily personal consultations makes for a healing experience. Athreya Ayurvedic Resort has been in the family for several generations & is authentic w/ treatments prescribed for each individual by the doctors. Fresh vegetarian cuisine is served buffet style & is wholesome & delicious. The grounds are clean & well taken care of & accommodations are comfortable (a little dated) & cleaned daily. The resort is surrounded by rice paddies, a "lake" & small villages which makes for nice walking. The staff are cheerful & go out of their way to assure you a comfortable experience. Look forward to coming back for my 9th year in November. Thanks again, Athreya. Aloha & Mahalo Papa Ouli

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank papaouli
Reviewed April 3, 2017

The Athreya Ayurvedic centre is a very experienced facility treating various medical problems in a beautiful and clean enviroment. We felt in very good hands during the whole treatment. Dr Sreejit and Dr Jayalkshmi as well as the therapists did everything possible to make our stay something special. The food felt like home cooked, simple but very tasty and different than what you get in restaurants. We definitly want to come back. Our recomendation is to consult Dr. Sreejit before you plan a stay there, as it is not at all a wellness place but a proper authentic ayurvedic treatment.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PRB8178
Reviewed March 24, 2017

I was looking for an authentic ayurveda experience for a good detox with focus on my lower back. I had a few criteria when looking for a place; highly experienced doctors, quaint Kerala accommodation, clean, and reasonably priced. Athreya met all my expectations.

Dr. Sreejit or Dr. Jayalakshmi meet with each guest on a daily basis and continued to customize the treatment based on how each guest responded. The environment is very homely and the staff pays personal attention and look after all needs.

The therapists are very caring and closely monitored by the doctors. Any concerns or questions were addressed immediately which made my stay extremely comfortable. Both Dr. Sreejit and Dr. Jayalakshmi take the feedback very seriously and take steps to make sure each guest has their own unique experience.

The resort itself is beautiful surrounded by paddy fields, close yet sheltered from the busy town of Kottayam. I had a good treatment, restful stay and met some wonderful guests from other parts of the world. Overall it surpassed my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo