Arcadia Hotel(Kottayam)(Great Value!)
Bennies Inn(Kottayam)
US$15
Aarogya Mantra(Kottayam)
US$51
Akkara Homestay & Ayurveda Center(Kottayam)(Great Value!)
US$37
  • Spa
Kuttickattil Gardens Homestay(Kottayam)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$17
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdr sreejitayurvedic treatmentsathreya resorthealth issuesrecommend athreyaauthentic ayurvedahis wifevisited athreyatreatment roomshealth carewestern medicinehealing experiencethree weeksyoga classesdaily consultationsayurvedic centrekitchen staff
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

I was blessed to visit Athreya Centre during my travels of Sri Lanka earlier this year. On recommendation from my driver we arrived for my afternoon booking. I had a brief consult with the Dr, he was very knowledgeable and friendly.
I had a full body massage and shirodhara treatment which was most relaxing.
We enjoyed herbal tea with a gorgeous flute playing after.
The grounds are gorgeous, everyone is respectful and quiet too.
Would return and recommend to everyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Destination_wherever
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I was scheduled to travel to Athreya for 21 days of Panchakarma. Due to unforeseen life events I had to cancel. I had already paid a significant deposit and was concerned that I would not get my deposit (minus cancellation fees) back. Every email to Athreya was met with immediate response and explanation. Things take longer in India and the effort that Dr. Jayakrishnan put forth to complete this refund in a timely manner was exceptional. I will definitely rebook when the timing is right. I have only positive things to say about each and every correspondence I have had with the staff at Athreya. They are genuine, kind, considerate, and treat you like family, not just a person on the other side of the world.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Athreya Ayurvedic Center if for me definitely the best I experienced in the last 20 years. The Doctors Dr Jayalakshmi and Dr Sreejit are very professional and kind as well as available - the treatments are traditional and good, the staff is wonderful and very friendly and the vegetarian food is excellent.

The location of Athreya is superbe ! surrounded by rice paddies, it's quiet - no cars or other noises ... just the birds in the morning... how wonderful ... very peaceful indeed.

The accomodation is comfortable - with a "hotel service" - if you wish they clean daily.
It's a place I would recommend to friends without restrictions.

I will definitely try to go back next year.

Silvia B. - India/Switzerland

Room Tip: The bungalows are very nice - but the rooms in the newer building are a bit bigger
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Silvia B
Reviewed November 30, 2017

I am writing this review with a satisfying smile on our face now two weeks after completing the 14 days treatment program for my Mother at Athreya Ayurvedic Center in early November 2017 under the kind and expert supervision of Dr. Sreejit.

Why Athreya -
My Mom had been suffering from chronic back pain due to disc prolapse as well as sciatica pan in both legs restricting her movement for around 5 years now . Having tried all treatment options including- Allopathic under special Ortho Surgeons in Mumbai , Homeopathic Doctors on in Mumbai as well as some Ayurveda hospitals in Patna with no major improvement. This forced me to look at other options and while reading through internet I came across Athreya Ayurvedic Center. What interested me further is reading through reviews and testimonials of some of the patients with similar condition and the benefits they got out of the treatment .I surely wanted to give it a try and completed the online enquiry on the site with details of medical condition of my mother and what I was expecting. Within 24 hours I got a details reply from Dr. Jayalakshmi- with all relevant details for treatment programs at Athreya. I was also advised to fill-up a broad questionnaire containing medical history for my mother which became the basis for studying the case and provided initial insight about the health condition of my mother to Dr. Sreejit and suggest whether treatment at Athreya can help her. What really impressed me about Dr. Sreejit is his patience and time to understand every minute details regarding my mother’s heath condition, the treatments she has undergone/undergoing/MRI reports . Only after thorough pre consultations over email he suggested on the treatment plan at Athreya and expectation of result was managed realistically.

Stay at Athreya-
The location of Athreya, situated along rice paddy fields in the backwaters of Kerala, is very pleasant which gives you a serene peace of mind the moment you enter the place. What stands out is the passionate focus on comprehensive Ayurvedic treatment and healing, led by Dr. Sreejit and Dr. Jayalakshmi and personal commitment he and Dr. Jayalakshmi showed to each guest throughout their stay, backed by a genuinely kind and attentive team (from the kitchen to housekeeping to the treatment technicians...many thanks to all).

Treatment:

Dr. Sreejit tailored treatment program for my mother from the first day onwards and was monitoring the daily progress of each therapy sessions. My mother benefited from the daily scheduled treatments - 2 sessions / day by 2 dedicated, hardworking, caring therapists which results was evident from 4th treatment day onwards when she started going for walks in the morning and evening. Dr. Sreejit explained every treatment in details through videos and presentations. All treatment sessions were well timed as some treatments were required to be given in the very early morning of the day to achieve the optimum results. She had very intensive treatments for those 14 days however felt much better after finishing the treatment sessions.

We came home feeling much relaxed and rejuvenated. As I am writing this review with my mother and am really happy seeing improvement in her condition with each passing day while she is continuing the medications provided by Dr. Sreejit for 3 months. Dr. Sreejit has been kind enough to offer follow-up consultations and eager to know on the progress on my mom’s health’s condition. He is really gem of a person and a highly skilled doctor. My sincere and whole hearted thanks to Doctor Sreejit and his whole team.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank nikhil m
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

First and foremost my apologies for this "1st Anniversary" review. I was @ Athreya Ayurvedic Centre in December last year 2016. What prompted me to write this is ... will be going back to Athreya in about a week's time in Dec 2017. As I recollected my experience one year ago, i urged myself to write this long delayed deserving note for ALL @ Athreya.

one year ago ... I was looking up for a well being holiday and found Athreya managed by a family of doctors who have experience amassed over 5 generations. l remembered prior to acceptance of my booking I had a thorough conversation / interview with Dr Sreejit. Each and every of my health issues accumulated over the many years was discussed at preliminary level (pre-consultation) and expectation of result was managed realistically. He did the same and if not, an even more in-depth examination on my 1st day consultation session after check-in and followed by daily consultation (in the joint care of Dr Jayalkshmi) during my entire program. The program was "tailor made" ordered by the doctor based on individual person's constitution - no question here as to how knowledgeable the doctors have in this area.
I benefited from the daily scheduled treatments - 2 sessions / day by 2 dedicated, hardworking, caring therapists. All sessions were well timed as some treatments were required to be given in the very early morning of the day to achieve the optimum results.

Simple and HEALTHY vegetarian meals were deliciously cooked by Aunty from the kitchen team. I remembered we (got acquainted with other guests as days passed) had a treat of sweet jackfruit near Christmas time ! The team also ensured daily ample supply of herbal water - highly recommended to keep your body hydrated.

My commendation to the front office team. Airport pickup / drop off transfers were well organized - the driver engaged by Athreya was reliable which gave any lone traveller peace of mind during the approx 3 hour journey. I also want to THANK JP and his team for their patience in handling my "check out without return of room key" until I successfully mailed the key back 3 weeks later after checkout.

I look forward to my 2nd upcoming stay in the natural beautiful surrounding of padi fields @ Athreya - a tranquil and relaxing ambience, closer to nature which could help to elevate the effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatments which also require disciplined post treatments (not quite there yet) to purify my digestive system n harmonize my body constitution.

Dear Drs. S & J and your team, see you very soon.

With best regards,