“One night's stay”

and 1 more site!
Orchid Residency
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Kottayam
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stayed in this hotel for a night. Got a room in the 5th floor. There is little to no space for parking car since this is right in the middle of Kottayam town. The breakfast was not that great. It looked like we were the only guests on that particular floor since the hallway was completely deserted without any lights. We had to use out flashlights to find the keyhole.
Wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days as it was booked by the organiser of the course. But I left this hotel on the second day and went to other hotel. This hoItel is like hell. Looks like you are the only guest staying. Rooms are really not good in terms of sanitation and cleaning. Room service is the most terrible service in this hotel. The lunch/dinner lounge is always empty, there is no-one to take orders. If you want to have food here then you should have enough patience to wait for your order minimum of 1 hour with several reminders to the room service. No tea or coffee is available before 7 AM and u don't have the facility to prepare the same inside the room bcoz no hot water cattle, no coffee pouch, no tea bags etc.
The TV are like old dabba. You have to waste your time to search channels as there is no channel list provided. No menu card in the room bcoz u only will get biryani, chapati, mix veg and if u r lucky enough then u will get daal too.
I will never suggest anyone to stay in this hotel. This not a hotel but this is a lodge.
There are some good hotels in the vicinity of this hotel which will give you good service and atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashish J
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Someone else booked this for me. Turned out to be horrible.

It was deserted and probably seemed like I was the only guest there. The whole place is run by one person sitting at reception. Rooms were clean but barren. Every time you needed AC or hot water you have to call reception and ask them switch it on and wait for 15-20 minutes !! The corridor were always dark, needed a torch to use the key to open the door. The restaurant was empty. The wifi was "out of order".
I checked in at 5 am and checked out next day at 7:30 am. Because it was 2 hours more that 24 hr they charged me for another day !! Had I known I would have left early. Spoke to manager (who wouldn't tell me his name so I took a picture) to no avail and started threatening me. Threw the money after much argument and ran away !! Was just glad to leave !!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The location of the hotel is in the heart of Kottayam town . Stayed here as a part of package for conference. When we checked in the AC was leaking . It took some time for the person to come and repair it. The door lock is hard to open and sometimes it is not getting locked from outside. Some maintaince work is needed. Food is not that great for the price and quality . lot og improvemnts needed. The reception was generous in extending the time of check out .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Our stay here was arranged by our tour operator as part of an educational tour which obviously included students and us teachers. The very first thing that is a put off is the approach road which is not wide enough for a bus to pass. So we had to disembark on the main road and then walk to the hotel. Rooms look dated and some of the rooms had lizards and cockroaches in them. Food was mediocre and once I had a cockroach in my rice about which I complained and I was given a replacement which I declined. So to make up the terrible service they gave complimentary fruit salads. On the positive side, the management was responsive to our concerns. Not a place I will come back again unless I see some improvements.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Orchid is the one of the best hotel for middle class people . It is cost effective and clean . But recently the food quality is not good . Especially for the group programmes their buffet is not much quality one . Rooms are good

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days. It was a simple hotel with basic facilities. The room and the bathroom was clean as well. My flush was leaking and so they changed my room. Hence this place needs better maintenance. The TV was old dabba TV and not an LCD. The location of the hotel is good as it is near to the bus stand.

Restaurant: The veg food was pretty bad and my friend had to leave his food. Non-veg was good. But once I had ordered schezwan chicken at 8.00 pm. I called and gave them reminder twice. Still I had to go at 10.30 and remind them about it. Later on they sent the schezwan chicken which had gravy instead of starter. I had to eat that as there was no other option. Not many options in breakfast but the same old dosa, idly, vada, bread omelette.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business