Visited with wife and kids and stayed for a few days. The resort faces the beautiful backwaters.
The rooms were very spacious and beds were comfortable. The balconies in the river view rooms on the top floors have spectacular views. The service is awesome. My small child forgot her welcome drink at the front desk and started crying in the room. The bellboy saw that, went back to the front desk, and in a few minutes, was back with a new glass. That was very nice of him.
The housekeeping is also very good, if we asked for one tea bag, we usually got a few more. The bathroom supplies are also plentiful, and the room service is very good.
The restaurant food and service are awesome, and the food has a very wide selection of north/south Indian dishes. My 8 year old kept going back for the mouthwatering desserts in the buffet. The Ayurvedic massage is worth a try, I found it to be very rejuvenating.
In my opinion this is one of the best resorts in India, and we will definitely be back again. Cal
icut, as a city, does not have too many things to do. Try to visit the Kappad beach, it is very clean and serene. Avoid the main city beaches, they are crowded and dirty. The resort is an excellent place to have fun if you don't want to do anything in the city.
Two suggestions for the management:
1) Clean a part of the boat jetty area and make a sitting arrangement for people who like to do riverbank fishing. A few professional quality fishing rods (with wheels) would be great. You can even charge money for this service. I would be glad to pay, since it is complementary now.
2) Install a few plastic swings/slides in the children's play area. It does not cost much money, and it will improve the look of your hotel.
A few travel tips:
1) Weekends are crowded with locals. Call the restaurant ahead of going for dinner, or you may have to wait a while for a table.
2) Order beer/wine in room. Sit in the balcony and enjoy the sunset with a drink. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raviz Kadavu is a Five star deluxe property having best of all facilities and comforts. Your trip to the God’s own country shall remain incomplete without being in the Raviz Kadavu Resort. The property is 12 km from Calicut International Airport and Kozhikode Railway Station. It represents a unique blend of ancient Mappila and Hindu culture aesthetically designed with traditional architecture to make you discover a different era. This traditionally built luxurious Resort is in the midst of nature on the banks of the Chaliyar River. With flowing gentle breeze, beautiful swaying groves, graceful coconut palms and glittering river, it is truly a heaven for nature lovers. One can experience high quality room facilities during your stay here, which includes television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, air conditioning, wake-up service, desk, provided to help guests recharge after a long day. The hotel also offers fantastic facilities, including fitness center, outdoor pool, spa, massage, children's playground, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Guests can enjoy palate pampering all day dining offerings at Keraleeyam, with a unique selection of a la carte menus as well as a buffet. Round-the-clock dining is also available in the comfort of your room. Garam, an al-fresco dining option specializes in grilled food, whereas Zirkon is a contemporary bar serving Cocktails and Mocktail creations. And nimble expert hands caressing your body and mind with centuries old Ayurveda treatment is heavenly. Its unique and languorous backdrop makes Raviz Kadavu Resort an ideal gateway into a tranquil ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kadavu Resort & Ayurveda Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Resort And Ayurveda Center
- Kadavu Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Hotel Ayurveda Center
- The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu Kozhikode, India - Kerala