“Experience the heavenly feeling through beach and lake resort”

Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hi all, this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel..I stayed there almost 5 fabulous days at beach and lake resort...the views and scenery that I had experienced over there are to die for and the tranquility is wonderful...had fantastic sunny weather, experienced the real taste of Kerala through their homemade food and had experienced a homely atmosphere even I'm far away from my home..those who want total peace,..soul touching treatments, complete relaxation, good food and to wake up our senses..this is the place to stay..close to nature, quiet surrounding and village hardly push us to leave back from such a beautiful retreat..and moreover I would like to say thank you for all those staffs who are very much keen to provide the excellent food and table service was just the right one..they all were so polite in character and service too..if I coul give six or more stars ,then I would..bcoz of its beyond excellence!...go here for an escape from stress and to unplug for a while, most guest we met were there for a week and the hotel prides itself on tranquility..that was my those days and it continued on with high marks : on rooms, bathroom, breakfast,inner,wine, ambience. If driving,,...I suggest you people to opt for beach and lake resort..

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 427journeylover

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I booked this Hotel after checking on Trip Advisor as showing the No.1 place to stay in the Kovlum area. I called the Hotel in advance that my wife is unable to climb any steps was assured that no problem as I will be given a room on the grounfd floor. On arrival found to enter the Hotel 3 steps to climb which was aproblem. In the room no hot water had to ask the reception to turn the hot water on each time. The bathroom hot water tap broken the toilet paper holder kept falling off the wall. Once in the room the other way out was by the back of room via the balcony and 3 more steps to encounter. My wife unable to go to the restruantant as one had to go on a boat like a gondela to get to the boat a total of 6 steps on each side of the water. This place is not dibale freindely at all. When going to have the tratment the table was too high and no way of geting on to the table for treatment.

As far as food goes on the menu showing bacon but not avilable. Lobestor not avilabe. The place has no access to the beach unless you are able to climb a wall of 5 feet after going through the back of the Hotel through bushes and filth,

We had to cut our holiday short and left 2 days early as the food was treible at the hotel.

Room Tip: do not go to this hotel unless you are fully fit and able to do stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 85harry
Reviewed 20 March 2012

All pricing in euros. Suitable for treatments. Not for other travellers. Unlike the name suggests it does not have any private beach or at least clean path to beach. You'll have to pass through neighbours backyard. Lake is very dirty. No efforts found to keep it clean. No activities other than massages and treatments.
Disappointed with its rating as no. 1 in trivendrum as per trip advisor.com

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Thisissharath
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Having been born in Kerala but living in the United States for the last 50+ years I came to Beach and Lake with a unique set of expectations. I know the culture of Kerala firsthand and I know what foreign tourists might expect from a travel experience in India. This lovely little oasis provided more than I ever anticipated. The location itself is a slice of heaven with its natural beauty. The facilities are lovely and well maintained. The blend of authentic Kerala mixed with international quality was perfect. The most significant part of my experience however was the care with which I was treated by each and every member of the staff. The credit of course, goes to both the owner and manager who both set the tone for an establishment that caters to your every need almost before you know it. The medical and therapy staff, the culinary and wait staff, the front desk, night watch, cleaning and transportation staff all provided unsurpassed service with warmth and a Kerala smile. I already know what it means to be welcomed home in Kerala and Beach and Lake provided just that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My review starts before my actual stay, when I had to call and ask the facility about my computer. They kept it simple, were very polite, friendly, and had all the answers. I didn't need to bring anything in addition to what I already had; they had everything I would need. I can't say enough about when I arrived at the airport at 3 am, exhausted from the long flight from the United States with two heavy suitcases, not knowing where I was and wondering if someone from the hotel would be able to find me. And to my surprise, there he was I didn't have to wait at all, he found me, I didn't even have to look for him. To this day, how he found me I really don't know, but he did. Friendly, professional and welcoming, he took care of my bags immediately, and reassured me while safely escorting mwe

The car was really nice, I felt very safe with the driver. Getting to the resort and checked into my room at 3 am went very smoothly. There were several times throughout the stay where I needed to use the car and driver. At all times it was very easy to have the car ready to take me where I needed to go. The driver always made me feel very safe and was full of valuable information.

The other staff was also very welcoming, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The facility was very clean and safe. Going there for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation, the setting could not have been better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank maureen d
Reviewed 2 March 2012

From the moment I got my complimentary airport pick up, to the last day when Sunil drove me to my next destination, I was relaxed basking in the safe, loving hands of staff that treated me like a dear family member every time with each and every one of needs taken care of.
At the resort it was one awesome surprise after another. Spotlessly clean, well kept, and yet traditional style grounds, world class gardens and pool, 5 star gourmet Ayurveda meals, and spectacular Ocean and lake views made it all a veritable paradise... truly a home away from home incomparable feeling.
The Ayurveda treatments were excelent. Well trained, skillful and kind therapists , a knowledgeable Doctor that speaks fluent English, and first quality herbal medicines made it the best Ayurveda course I have ever had. I lost pounds of fat right away, my energy levels were high and the Dr. gave me herbal medicines all included in the price, to continue the treatment for a full 3 more months!
This is a wonderful place for health, relaxation, and a safe -shock- free exposure to real Indian culture. I can't wait to come back and bring my family and friends.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESORT WITHOUT ANY HESITATION
Laura Marshall from California.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Beach and Lake Resort is nestled in a small fishing village close to Trivandrum (only 15 min from the airport). I loved it because it is small and has a very authentic feel, the staff is truly wonderful and always making you feel a special guest.
The ayurveduc treatments are fantastic. Rooms are spotless, big and airy, most of them with ocean view. Wonderfully cooked ayurvedic meals are served under coconut trees, with plenty of different dishes, and fresh fruit and juices to choose from. Yoga and meditation classes are offered every morning and taught by a special teacher - Shree Kumar.

Beach and Lake is also unique as it is supporting a charitable project - The Muktananda Ayurvedic Clinic - which give free medical care to their villagers who are too poor to afford medical treatment, the same project aims also at fostering ayurvedic educational programme to help people reclaim their heritage.

Can't say enough praise about Beach and Lake - I had a wonderful stay and already thinking of my next time!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank nicoletta b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
8.0 km away
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
#5 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
8.3 km away
Uday Suites
Uday Suites
#2 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
9.9 km away
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort
The Travancore Heritage Beach Re...
#12 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
7.4 km away
Hycinth By Sparsa
Hycinth By Sparsa
#1 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
2.9 km away
Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove
7.9 km away
Trivandrum Hotel
Trivandrum Hotel
#33 of 98 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)

Been to Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!