“Thanks Hari!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varkala
Sharanagati Yogahaus
Ranked #2 of 98 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Lovely Hari, homey feeling, comfortable bedroom, clean bathroom, less than 5 minutes walk to the cliff. Whatelse can i ask for?? and of cause, the yoga class. Hari makes the class so comfortable and it suits perfectly for someone new to yoga, and also someone who have practised yoga for years. Hari used to say 'once the asana is established, forget about the asana, focus on your breathing, only the breathing. That's all life is about."

Stayed for 5 days and extend 1 more days, total 6 days. If you are looking for free and easy way in approaching yoga, Yogahaus definately is the BEST CHOICE. Twice a day classes, 8am to 10am (7.30am to 8am meditation - optional) and 4pm to 5.30pm (3.30pm to 4pm meditation - optional). Meditation is an option.

One thing i learnt the most is Meditation session. Meditation also something that concern me the most, but not at all after having the session with Hari. I was wondering whether to join the vipassana meditation, but this is not a concern for me at all after this as i know that i am ready for it. Guidance, tips and sharing that i had with Hari on the meditation were a great help for me to go deeper on the meditation pathway. I am grateful and thankful to Hari for the sharing.

Throughout the 6 days with Hari, from leg pain to backache, from 30 minutes meditation to 45 minutes meditation, it all happened within 6 days. I have seen positive progression and that's really a great motivation for me to go deeper in meditation. Thanks Hari.

You will never want to miss Hari's class if you are in Varkala. Once you have been there, you will know what am i talking about. Experience it yourself. If you are not staying in Yogahaus, you can just join in the walk in class.

The yogahaus is very convenient place to the cliff, restaurant and the beach as well.

Definately will go to Yogahaus again!!!!

Om Shanti Shanti....

Room Tip: Insect repellent is a MUST!! May be is the month of November which is the rainy session. Other than...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Sharanagati Yogahaus

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My fiance and I found this place and stayed for 5 days. It exceeded our expectations by far and helped us grow individually and as a couple.

Hari's gentle influence and warm presence helped me in such a way that is hard to describe! He reminded me that we are given challenges in life because we can handle them. If you remain open in mind and spirit, you will also have a transformative experience- Hari is an excellent yoga instructor and has a calming effect: I fell asleep during EVERY final savasana! I will return to Sharanagati yogahaus.

The food is excellent, the place is set up in such a way that is conducive to a harmonious livingspace - we really connected with the other guest staying there. Hari is knowledgeable about the area and gives good suggestions. For example, he even walked with me to introduce me to a great local ayurvedic doctor.

If you are willing to look inside yourself, this place will change you for the better! Hari truly has a gift for sharing the wisdom of yoga, life, and friendship.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We didn't stay at the yogahaus but did a 9 day introductary yoga course. The teaching was superb and really got us into yoga. Hari is very patient and very good at explaining all the asana's.
The house itself is amazing set in really nice little gardens. We ate there a couple of times and the food was excellent every time.
Hari is an awesome guy, very friendly and informative. if you get the chance get him to take you for a walk down the cliff.
I thoroughly recommend this place either to stay, or if you don't want the yoga retreat lifestyle as a place to come to do a yoga course.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed there for a week with my aunt during our trip through south India.
the place is wonderful: great garden / tidy-clean and comfortable rooms / yumyum food / good location !!
we both have a passion for yoga but do not practice regularly... the yoga classes were 100% to our taste. felt very detoxicating and I enjoyed it a lot; still motivated continue doing yoga 2-3 times a week, lets see how long it lasts.
although we went there during monsoon it only rained sporadically but most of the time it was hot and sunny. not sure if that was an exception or if due to climate change you cant predict rains any longer. anyways the good thing was that there were hardly any tourists ;) it appears a bit deserted but many shops and restaurants along the cliff are open and happy to serve you... beach is overwhelming but waves are too wild so you can't swim. take moskito spray, pocket lamp and books!

its a calm and good place to spend time far away from daily grind!!

Room Tip: all rooms are equally good!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I went solo to Sharanagati Yogahaus after reading the reviews and ever doubt in my mind was evaporated. The owner Hari is a joyful and humorous delight who runs the place with meticulous creative eye from the lovely rooms to the food to the garden and most importantly the yoga classes. His teaching is very personal and quickly understands what is best through his evident experience. Located 2 mins from the cliff it is free from and unaffected by the tourist areas – one can just relax – from swinging on a hammock with a view of nature to a yoga class....beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I stayed and had a wonderful time, gentle yoga and nice rooms. excellent food and good location. Well worth a visit and good value.
lovely garden with good hammocks to read a book in. :)

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Since my holiday at the Sharanagati Yoga house, yoga has become a part of my daily life. Because of the clear instructions and the save environment the yoga class is also perfect for beginners. In a calm and friendly way they help you through all the different poses. The Sharanagati Yoga house is a perfect place to stay, it is easy to relax in the beautiful garden and the food being served at luch time was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo