“2 Days of absolute peace, beautiful views and...”
Dala Rooster bungalow,Panchgani entrance at night. View of bungalow
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Amazing view of Dala Rooster bungalow entrance during daylight.
Dala Rooster bungalow,Panchgani entrance at night.
View of bungalow
View from living room
View of bungalow from NE
Front view of bungalow
View from Gazebo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Bijal P
“2 Days of absolute peace, beautiful views and glorious pampering”
Reviewed August 13, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

This is a beautiful little homestay with gorgeous views. The little glass enclosed gazebo provides the most spectacular views of the Bhilar Falls and a dam across the valley.

The rooms are very well appointed, clean and have tons and tons of natural light.

A most satisfying and amazing experience was further enhanced (if at all possible) by the friendly and most gracious caretakers my wife and I have had the privilege to encounter. They keep this homestay in top condition, their service is always friendly and what can I say about the food!

In a word - WOW! Home cooked, always fresh and piping hot and all dishes they made had unique flavours and not just bashed together in the same masala or gravy. Just brilliant.

We had a lovely time and are looking forward to our next quick getaway with them.

Thanks Anil and Dilip and of course the owners - Capt Gokhale and Ms. Monika who were always available on the phone or email for any help we needed.

3 Cheers!

Your age range 35-49
13 Aug 2018
Good day Mr. Bijal Patel,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write such a wonderful review about our property and our staff.
Glad you liked the food cooked by our staff from fresh and home made masalas.
Looking forward to seeing you again with your family and friends more often.

Capt.Vikas Gokhale and Team Dala Rooster
Satyajit...
Pune, India
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Stayed there for two days. Just awesome. Very well maintained clean & specious bungalow.
Beautiful view, the best food. Very good staff. Wanted to visit again.
Actually experience was better than any three or four star hotel.
The best place to stay with the friends & family.

11 Aug 2018
Good day Mr. Satyajit Shah,

Thank you for the words of appreciation for our property , staff and the food.
Glad you liked all the facilities and had a great experience.
Do visit again with your family and friends.

Ruchi S
Noida
“Amazing...superb”
Reviewed July 5, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Pleasant stay...great quality time spent with our 2 dogs. We went in the last week of June and enjoyed the rains and the vastness of the view at Daala rooster. Bhilar and other waterfalls can be viewed from the resort..Efficient staff and yummy maharashtrian food are a key point of this place...rooms have been maintained very well...felt like home and we happily extended our stay by another day. Staff was well concerned about our comfort..Great to know that Caption Gokhale is an ardent animal lover..
Thanks for hosting us....

6 Jul 2018
Thank you for taking time to write an appreciative review.
Thank you for choosing to stay in Dala Rooster along with your pets.
Glad that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the Maharashtrian food.
Our staff also takes care of our guests and tries their best to extend the home like warmth and feeling in Dala Rooster .
Please come and stay with us again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Capt. Vikas Gokhale and our entire Dala rooster Team.
megban
Ghaziabad, India
“Amazing Getaway from Pune!”
Reviewed July 3, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We are always looking for places to visit with our pet dog, Coco, and we haven't had a lot of success so far finding pet friendly hotels that are also great on service and cleanliness. Dala Rooster was just perfect, and exceeded expectations in every way possible.

I found the property on Collarfolk. The staff at Dala Rooster was responsive during the booking process, and made suggestions on what to pack and see in Panchgani/Mahabaleshwar. The bungalow was quite easy to find and navigate to. We were greeted at the gate by the caretaker of the property. Check-in was swift and they were very warm and welcoming. Because we were traveling with a dog, they suggested we take a ground floor garden room, and I am really glad we took that room. The rooms are all valley facing, and the view is to die for.

I am very picky about where I stay, and am very rarely happy with hotels/homestays, but Dala Rooster really surprised me. The room was immaculately clean, and spacious. The furnishing was quaint and basic, but really, absolutely without a spec of dirt or dust. Once we arrived, i sat outside our room enjoying the chilly weather.

Coco had a great time looking around and exploring the garden. We went for a long walks with scenic views with Coco through the day, and were happy to come back to the bungalow in the evening. We spent about an hour in the beautiful gazebo on the property, and had lovely tea and coffee prepared by the cook. Later in the evening, we had dinner by the lawn. We had opted for a barbeque dinner, which was delicious, and good value for money! The next morning, we woke up early to go for another walk and enjoy the gorgeous views. We had breakfast in the gazebo and took off back for Pune. I would visit here again in the blink of an eye. Amazing hospitality, and really well maintained basic rooms.

Also, if you are taking a road trip here with a dog, don't forget to stop by the Dhome Dam on the way back to Pune. Its about a 15 minute detour, but Coco loved running around the large grassy banks by the reservoir, and even went wading into the water there! Keep an eye out for strays here. :

Your age range 25-34
5 Jul 2018
We would firstly like to Thank you very much for your encouraging comments about our property Dala Rooster.
It is very important for us that our guests appreciate everything right from the booking of the property till they leave our property happy and satisfied with their stay with us .
Glad Coco also had a nice time .
Our staff works hard and are committed to giving our guests a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future ...and of course Coco too.

Subodhkum...
Pune District, India
“Visit to Dala Rooster was an awesome experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2018 for a stay in September 2017

In the month of September 2017, a friend of mine, Mr. Mehulkumar Chimthankar, displayed me Dala Rooster images, which he took it on his own being professional & best photographer.

Seeing those inspirational images! I congratulated my friend about it. Over that, my friend requested me to come with him to Captain Gokhale & his family who are the founders & owners of Dala Rooster.

We both went & met Captain Gokhale & his family. While meeting Captain Gokhale & his family! I came to know from Captain Gokhale that is a great great grandson of Namdar Gopal Krishna Gokhale who was Mahatma Gandhi's thinking Guru.

Captain Gokhale asked us if we (means Good Crooks) can do some professional work for his business presence on the web.

On which I told Captain Gokhale let us meet together at Dala Rooster and at Dala Mare so that over there I can come with up with a list of questions.
Answers to those questions can inspire both of us what all can be done for his Stay Panchgani business.
He instantly agreed with my suggestion and one morning I arrived first at Dala Rooster.
My journey and arrival at Dala Rooster was an amazing & awesome driving experience.
The rainy season was about to finish.
Entire Panchgani valley was flourished with countless green plants, herbs, etc.
Dala Rooster homestay is located right in the valley and top of the valley.

Drawing room/living room of Dala Rooster

The drawing hall or room or living room got a huge glass window.
From that window, the entire green valley was visible to me.
Bhillar (name of the village and it is now called as Bhillar Book Village) Natural Water Falls was still running.
The waterfall was creating an amazing sound. Entire Dala Rooster veranda was full of greenery. I also found a colour to all the walls was very fresh. When did I ask Captain Gokhale about it? I was told those were imported polish, which he applied on all the walls. I was not aware of such polish and that was my new learning.

I found a number of hand paintings hanging on each wall. Captain Gokhale informed me that his father painted all those paintings. Captain Gokhale’s father is the grandson of Namdar Gopal Krishna Gokhale.

I found a simple and robust furniture in the hall.

When I checked with Captain Gokhale about it? He told me that the entire furniture is made and designed using Babhali wood.
He also informed that he used Babhali wood since Babhali is the only wood which does not attract any wood bugs namely Walvi.

Heritage Newspaper Created By Namdar Gopal Krishna Gokhale & family heritage

In the living room, I also found the original newspaper that was created & published by Namdar Gopal Krishna Gokhale.
I also found images of the entire Gokhale family.
Seeing this heritage material took me into history books which I learned when I was in school.

All 6-bedrooms

Dala Rooster got overall 6-bedrooms.
3-bedrooms on the first floor.
1-bedroom on the ground floor.
2-bedrooms below the ground floor.

All the bedrooms got a unique design.
All the bedrooms were neat, clean & tiptop.
Every toilet was neat, clean & hygienic too.
All the bedrooms were facing towards Panchgani valley and that ’s something incredible, wonderful, peaceful, inspiring and satisfying too.

Kitchen

Dala Rooster got a huge kitchen.
The kitchen well designed, well decorated, neat, clean & up to date.
Local caretaker staff cook & serve amazing and tasty home cooked food.
While watching & observing the local staff while cooking! I realized (found by sheer observation) they were using fabulous spices.
When I checked with Captain Gokhale about it! He told me that all spices used in cooking are homemade. He also informed that these spices are available to the traveller to buy it since every traveller who enjoyed the taste of Indian food over there? Started demanding the spices used in Dala Rooster.

Gazebo

Dala Rooster’s another inspirational spot.
This Gazebo takes a traveller into the different world.
I ate my breakfast & lunch in this Gazebo.
Eating or drinking in Gazebo (early in the morning, afternoon or in the night) gives 3 different experiences all together to each traveller and I enjoyed all the 3 experiences in one day.

Overall my first experience at Dala Rooster is awesome and I recommend Dala Rooster homestay to all global travellers who are sick of urban cities, who are sick of sound & air pollution that happens in urban cities and above all who are keen to stay away from their own homes but still want to live and take homestay experience.

This is Phadke Subodhkumar Mangala Narayan
From India, Student Forever & Part of Good Crooks

31 May 2018
Thank you for your review and please visit us again.
NaveenBij...
Mumbai
“Awesome stay!!! Just want to get back!”
Reviewed February 22, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We booked this place for a 1 night family picnic. We were 19 of us and wanted a place that could provide a spectacular view at the same time a homely feel. We couldn't have chosen a better place. DALA Rooster in every which way lived up to our expectations and more. We chanced upon this place on browsing the net and then called up the number for a few details. We spoke with Monika and she was so wonderful to talk to, very polite and courteous, half my mind was made up just then. We looked for past reviews of the place and all were positive. We decided to go ahead and confirm our booking for Jan26 in Dec itself.

We arrived there after a long 9 hrs jrny from mumbai, all tired, but the first glimpse of the villa, the living room view and the surroundings coupled with the delicious home food cooked by the caretakers Mr & Mrs Das, simply melted away our tiredness. Mr Das then took us to closeby strawberry gardens which was a beautiful place to visit. Back to villa, we had campfire and barbecue for the night and what can i say. Another beautiful set up and super food. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Day 2, when it was nearing departure time, NONE of my family members wanted to leave. Everyone had just 1 thing to stay, we should have stayed 1 more day, lets come back and so on.

Overall, an unforgettable experience in every way, made all the more special by human touch and warmth. Be it Monika or Das family. A home away from home. Would surely head back.

Your age range 35-49
24 Feb 2018
Thank you very much for posting a comprehensive and inspiring review.
It was indeed our pleasure to host you and we look forward to see you back in our Dala Rooster in the near future.

Capt.Vikas Gokhale & our entire Dala Rooster Team
Sandip R
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Best Place to Stay in Pachgani, Mahabaleshwar.”
Reviewed December 29, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Well maintained Clean Villa, Most Friendly service possible, Breathtaking Valley View plus the glimpses of history made alive with the memories of Gopal Krishna Gokhale (owners' ancestors) make your stay comfortable, soothing, to be cherished for the rest of your life. Can't miss mentioning the evening campfire & Barbeque. The Icing on the Cake is the glass hut. Worth Experiencing.

30 Dec 2017
Thank you for choosing to stay in Dala Rooster. Do come back again .
We are happy to know that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us .

Glad you had a wonderful stay .

Capt. Vikas Gokhale and Team Dala Rooster.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing