“Comfortable, homely stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swaroop Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pune
Swaroop Hotel
Ranked #15 of 198 Pune B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Comfortable, homely stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

Tucked away in one of the tree-lined lanes off Prabhat Road, Swaroop is located in a peaceful, residential neighbourhood. It is not a fancy place but they take care to maintain certain standards and since it offers good value for money, the hotel is mostly packed. If you're lucky as I was, you'll get a room with a balcony that opens into the road. Its not for the view, but adds to the feel of space. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the vegetarian Maharashtrian fare served by their kitchen quite commendable. The staff are child friendly, even spoiling the young ones with gifts of chocolates. The complimentary breakfast is nice, especially the aloo-puri and the kanda-poha.
A nice, warm, no-frills place for a family stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank WiseOneMumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rohtak, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

I went to Pune in July 2006 to visit my friend. She booked a room for me in Hotel Swaroop at Prabhat Road, in Deccan area. The hotel is not very big or magnificent but as I entered the Lobby I could see the pictures of few famous artists, Film actors and film makers who have stayed there. Then I got to know that since Film Institute is nearby, lot of visiting faculties are provided the accommodation in this hotel by the institute. It was a lovely feeling to know that the room in which i was supposed to stay, Naseeruddin shah has already stayed there many times. The hotel is in the bylane at Prabhat road, so even when its peak hours for traffic, this place is less noisy.
The rooms are pretty decent, mine was a deluxe A.C. room which had most of the required facilities like Phone, Electric Tea-coffee kettle, T.V. , Dvd Player, Tiled floors, Neat bathroom, with all amenities. This hotel has Wi fi facility so one can use internet freely on no extra expense. I was told to come down for breakfast which is complimentary after freshening up. It was a nice Buffet that had South Indian and North Indian dishes and some fruit basket well laid on table. Since there is an in-house dining hall I could order food to my room as well. They have a nice room service.

The hotel staff is very efficient, and helpful. They guided me through city so well that I could have explored the city on my own, though my friend was arriving there to take me around. The called a cab for us and later helped me with my return booking to Delhi too. So overall experience was quite nice. They told me few places of interest from cultural and entertainment point of view. These were good suggestions.

Mine was single deluxe room with A.C. and I paid 800rs. per night, which was quite reasonable. Double room comes for 1200rs. per night

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel in this area specially when you want to see heritage Pune, every place is close by. Its convenient to walk down till National Film archives, Film Institute, etc. and other places are also near by one can reach there by auto paying nominal fare. In monsoons Pune was bliss and I had a wonderful stay.

• Liked — warmth of the place
  • Disliked — actually nothing, but yeah food in dinner and lunch wasn't that great.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CINEMICAL
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2008

I feel that the hotel is charging heavy prices for rooms and well as food.

There are plenty of options for eating (breakfast and meals) available nearby.

Overall expensive and not recommended unless you wish to stay on prabhat road.

• Liked — Just the location
  • Disliked — Price they charge for food and room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)