“world class hotel- xcellent service ..awesome suite!!”
Review of Hyatt Regency Pune

Hyatt Regency Pune
Ranked #7 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Dehradun, India
“world class hotel- xcellent service ..awesome suite!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

on our way back from shirdi we stayed at hyatt regency for one night..boy!! wot a property!! it truely deserves to b in india's top 25 hotels ranked by trip advisor...service is fantastic...we stayed in regency suite which was out of this world..thanx to" MENKA" at the front office who suggested this suite to me and offered it at a vry gud price too...few reasons/advantages of this hotel---------
1)vry close to the airport
2)vry close to all gud malls like phoenix market ity nd inorbit mall
3)comlimentery drop is also provided by hotel in BMW car
4)vry vry friendly staff
5)awesome service
6)lovely property situated at pune-nagar rd
if u want to live life kingsize ..go for it!!!
try nd bargain fr regency suite ..its just WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank arvind_walia
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Guest,

At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation. Your ratings and comments really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.

I shall be happy to meet you in person in your next visit and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With Regards
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I went with colleagues to eat at THE CAFE at the hyatt and it was stunning.
we all chose the buffet and were all delighted with the whole experience and the special attention bestowed on us by the chefs who tempted us with tastings.

we returned the following day and it was as superb as before, we returned for drinks and ate in the bar and this also turned out to be stunning the service and food on all three occasions wer top notch

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank demain
Dear Guest,

At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent experience with us.

I am happy to learn that your and your freinds enjoyed the food at The Cafe and liked the experience at our Bar. Your feedback really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have never stayed in a hotel that pampers its guests sooooo much and i have stayed in a lot of five star properties.... the staff makes your stay super comfortable... there is not one thing that you could possibly ask for and they cant arrange... i was travelling with a toddler and from special khicdi, to washing his bottles, laundry service, baby cot, warm milk, the staff went out of the way to make it comfortable for my baby and me... the buffet spread for dinner and breakfast was EXCELLENT... the beds, pillows, room temprature ensured good sleep quality.... the indoor heated swimming pool was amazing... excellent place to stay while in pune..

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank salonisingh
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that the entire family enjoyed your stay with us and food at The Cafe. I am extremly delighted to learn that Your feedback t he team was so child freindly and went out of way to meet certain needs. Your comments with regard to room, amenities, swimming pool really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel to stay in Pune..... Why? The staff are amazing and comprehend your needs better than the Taj Blue Diamond, Westin, le Meridien etc.... The food is so much better than hotels of a similar quality. Staff do lack a check in over view of hotel amenities! But as I've stayed here before that wasn't a problem! My colleague on the other hand would have appreciated an over view? I have travelled to Pune since 2007, and this is currently the best hotel to stay in Pune?

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Gill P
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that your and you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback with regard to food and staff really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.

Director of Rooms.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 March 2012

When you spend as much time traveling for business and leisure as I do, you don't sweat the small stuff. But by the same token, the small details that a hotel gets right can make a stay so much more pleasant. Enter the Hyatt in Pune.

Never mind the dust and traffic outside the hotel - this is India! Once you enter the heavily fortified gate (detail #1: peace of mind), it feels like you stepped into an oasis. I'm platinum level with Hyatt but certainly no celebrity. Between the front door and the front desk, no fewer than four staff members greeted with me by my first name, even though this was my very first visit to Pune (detail #2: feeling welcome).

The rooms are great and offer all the amenities and conveniences one expects of a Hyatt outside the U.S. so I won't go on to review the room itself in detail.

However, the food and the spa are worth a closer look.

The spa features beautifully appointed treatment rooms and the girl I had for my neck and shoulder massage was fantastic. Aside from a not entirely unwelcome experience in which the (attractive) massage therapist walking in on me just as I stepped out of the shower, the overall spa experience was more like ones I've had at the Peninsula in Hong Kong or at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok, both hotels of course being renowned for their spas. I'm married, so I didn't drop the towel or pull a DSK on the poor girl, who was horrifically embarrassed by the episode.

The gym really kicks butt, not only is it outfitted with the latest and best equipment (kettlebell weights are missing, as they are in 99% of good hotels), its also HUGE. Which is precisely what my figure was not allowed to become owing to the food served in the hotel's restaurant. While not a big fan of hotel cuisine, the Pune chefs are great and if you ask them for Indian or Italian fare, you'll be hard-pressed to have a better experience outside the town. Not even Dario's compares favorably here.

Long story short, a very pleasant trip and although I'm not planning on returning to Pune anytime soon, I know that when I do visit, I won't be experimenting with the other hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TimeGremlin
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I've stayed at this property twice.

The first time I was ugpraded (using platinum certificate) to the "09" suite on the corner of the hotel. The room itself is quite nice, with a very large bathroom and floor to ceiling glass in the extra big shower; however, the street noise (honk honk honk; scooter motors; etc.) on the busy corner is very noticeable through the thin glass windows/doors.

Upon booking a reservation for a second visit, i specifically requested a quiet room away from the main intersection, and I stayed in a room "21" suite at the corner of the hotel on the side road far from the main intersection; however, the street noise was still very noticeable. The windows in the hotel are simply too thin.

On the plus side, the breakfast is good (although not any better than the Westin Pune).

Because of the street noise, I can't recommend the property.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any quiet rooms at this property. Avoid unless you sleep with ear plugs...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Markaldie
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently travelled to Pune for business and stayed at this hotel. From the moment I checked in (at 2 am in the morning) to the moment I checked ou a week later, I felt like a king. Everyone, from front desk staff to management, went out of their way to accomodate every request. The room was very comfortable and roomy. The house staff kept the room emaculate. I had the opportunity to order room service and use the restaurant at the hotel. The quality, taste and varity of food was exceptional! If you are travelling to Pune, here is where you must stay! Thank you to all the employees for making this an unusally great business trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that your overall exprence at the Hotel was excellent. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed t he food and positive attitude of our associates. Your feedback really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.