“Unique experience”
Review of The Desert Ship

The Desert Ship
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Desert Ship is one of the newly founded yet one of the pioneer travel companies in Jaisalmer that offers Camel Safari in the Thar Desert. It is run by the people originating from the villages in the desert. The idea behind running The Desert Ship is to give the best quality of service and convert travelers into lifelong friends.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The camel safari was a unique experience and I would say its something your should definitely try if you're in Jaisalmer. I went on a sunset safari which included a jeep excursion and camel ride to some sand dunes and an amazing thali with pakora meal before taking a jeep back to the city in the evening. The guides and driver were really friendly and I would do again if I come back.

2  Thank greenmen129
"sand dunes"
in 10 reviews
"one night"
in 7 reviews
"best experiences of my life"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"indian food"
"beautiful night"
"amazing tour"
"shooting stars"
"unforgettable experience"
"once in a lifetime"

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is by far one of the best things to do in your life! I won't ever forget sleeping under the stars, it's so freeing. And experiencing camels up close and personal is great too, particularly because I love animals. They are looked after well and have a good relationship with the camel owners. It was nice to see. At night, they roam free too and can rest and relax.

Seeing site in the Jeep was nice as was the food. The sunset was spectacular. I've seen many in India and this was a really special one in different surroundings.

The Desert Ship worked well for me. I would recommend this company for sure. Thanks for your help and I hope to meet you again when I'm in Jaisalmer!

2  Thank Bansal B
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We took an overnight camel safari with desert ship starting in that afternoon and returning the following morning. We weren't too sure which tour company to go with because there were so many offering them in jaisalmer but we decided to go with Desert Ship based on the good reviews and we weren't disappointed. As soon as we were picked up in the jeep all thenstaff and guides were so friendly and camel ride was just the right amount of time. The best part was the food that was offered in the evening cooked on an open fire and sleeping on the sand dunes under the stars. Highly recommend!

2  Thank hanvant S
Reviewed March 30, 2018

I went with my friends to Jaisalmer and we had wonderful experience with the Desert Ship. The staff was extremely friendly and did their best to make our safari a great one! The camels were clean and the food was also hygienic.Overall, it was a great experience.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for friendly guides and a great camel safari.

3  Thank Arun A