Open today: 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Camel Safari

What a FANTASTIC experience!! We opted for a 2 day and everything was amazing. The guides were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sarah8615
Jaipur, India
Wow such a great experience

Wow what I can say about Trotters Team.I can definitely recommend the camel safari tour ! The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Quest823734
via mobile

All reviews train station camel safari office manager sand dunes del boy free room jeep driver overnight safari guest house one night chai special thanks plenty of blankets night trip next morning an amazing experience great safari
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I took the afternoon to morning camel safari a few days ago. I didn't really know what to expect, but the whole experience certainly exceeded my initial expectations! The staff as a whole were very friendly and I think their service helps make people feel relaxed.

As a group, we started at 2.30pm from the Trotters office and took a Jeep to see some sights (the oasis and Khaba fort), both were great photo opprortunities. Then the camels! They were friendly and healthy, it was a great ride. We stopped in the shade in the dunes and took some time to chat and eat some delicious snacks. We also bought beers from the beer man, which was random but quite welcome! We watched a spectacular sunset, unlike any other I had seen in India thus far. The whole setting was amazing.

Then the food! We were surprised by how tasty it was and cooked in the desert! There was plentiful so no need to worry about bringing any snacks with you. We made a campfire and chatted as a group. It was a lovely evening. Finally we slept under the stars, a feeling I can't quite explain. Amazing. And amazing to wake up to a sunset and a healthy and filling breakfast.

At night the camels roam freely and you can see the guides care a lot about them.

There's so much competition in Jaisalmer and it was difficult to choose a company but I'm glad I chose this one. Thanks guys!

1  Thank SukhiBee
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We just got back from our camel safari and I wanted to say how much fun we had on this tour. There's alot of companies offering camel tours in Jaisalmer but we wanted to make sure we used a professional and eco friendly company rather than the cheapest one offered from the hawkers when you get off the bus when you first arrive. The staff at Trotters were so friendly and helpful and the camels were healthy and able to roam free in the evening which was important to us.

For the evening our group watched the sunset built a campfire and ate the best Thali we have had in India so far. I don't know how they managed to make such great food in the desert.

The best experience though was sleeping on the sand dunes with our group under the stars which I will never forget.

One word of advice is make sure you pack lots of bug spray!

1  Thank Jake589
TrottersTeam, Front Office Manager at Trotters Independent Tours & Travels, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hello Jake,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your camel safari with us and experienced a unforgettable night under the stars. If you are in Jaisalmer again we hope to see you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

It was a unique experience that I will never forget. Safari crew members, especially Ganga, were very professional and always happy and helpful. A must do thing at Jaisalmer!

1  Thank Matías C

Hello Matías,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review which we really appreciate. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your safari with us and it was a pleasure to host you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic experience. The guides were so friendly and helpful. Sleeping under the stars was particularly memorable

1  Thank JakePEF
TrottersTeam, Manager at Trotters Independent Tours & Travels, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Hey Jake. Thank you for leaving this review. It was a pleasure to share this experience with you. We hope that sleeping under the stars is a memory you'll keep forever.

Say hello if you're in Jaisalmer again!

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We did a one day safari with overnight stay in the desert. Our driver and the camel guides were friendly and took good care of us. The camels are well treated and the dinner was delicious. Even though it was new moon there was less stars to see as we expected (probably due to the two villages in the near distance of the sleeping area). The first camel ride in the afternoon was quite long for there is not much to see. It was a nice experience after all.

1  Thank Kornelia H

Hi Kornelia. Thank you for your response. We are glad that you enjoyed the safari with us. We do our best to make it the right experience for you.

If you're back in Jaisalmer, come and say hello! All the best.