“A good hotel”

Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
Ranked #1 of 102 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Never stayed in a palace before and this building fitted the bill. the building is extraordinary with huge gardens with peacocks. The staff were extremely keen to please and were very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mosomoso
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance in our quest of providing you luxury hospitality.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you to Umaid Bhawan Palace again.

Ashish Kumar Rai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed at Taj Umaid Bhawan during our Jodhpur business trip with my company colleague and have promised myself once again book in this winter season for my family vacation. The dishes were testy, especially morning buffet breakfast with hot ginger tea. My I had taken morning ginger tea with my friends. I was feeling so excitement while taking tea. This moment was so pleasant as well as amazing morning sightseeing of the Taj Umaid Bhawan. Due to busy business meeting with our cooperate client we didn’t get more time to travel across Jodhpur and also hotel. But I have decided to spend 15days in this hotel with my family, so that I can enjoy every single sightseeing of this beautiful city and hotel. But this time I had decided to reserve the hotel Taj Umaid Bhawan through a travel agent called Toursnorthindia.com, they told me to give 20% off.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The approach road gives you plenty of glimpses of the Palace, then security at the gates followed by a rose petal arrival. This Palace, you cannot call it a hotel provides your every whim. It is very grand, the staff know your name wherever you may be, the spa provides tranquility, the gardens are extensive with peacocks, the pool a nice distance from the hotel and the restaurants cater for your every need. I wish I could have stayed longer. We received an upgrade to a heritage suite which was lovely but the decor was a little drab.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Ashish Kumar R, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is a palace, a tourist attraction itself.Guestas are treated as maharaja.I paied around US$400 a day for this hotel, but it is a good price for the qauliity.Really it´s chesa if compare with similar hotels all over the worldI agree with other review, a ".Once in a life time experience ".
On arrival, I was received with guard of honor, rose petals rain, flower necklace, welcome drink.Room is huge, bed with pillows menu, indoor and outdoor swimming pool,free yoga class , etc.Just one suggestion:internet could be free.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank FRANCISCO7
Ashish Kumar R, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking your valuable time in sharing your feedback. I am pleased to note that your experience at the hotel met your expectations and that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with the team as it is feedback such as yours that motivates us to achieve higher levels of service.

We have noted your suggestion regarding free internet services. We are in the process of exploring this option and would implement the same based on feasibility.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Yes it is very expensive. I was fortunate to get an excellent deal. Was it worth it ??????

Most definitely :)))))

Would i stay their again.... Yessssssss

I thought long and hard about coming through to this hotel. It really is an experience like no other i have ever had. From the moment you arrive, to your departure you really feel like the resident maharaja. Flower petal welcoming, servants to assist with everything, luxury bubble baths every evening, welcoming drinks and superb towel service at the pool. Eating on the palace balcony and admiring the fabulous gardens and peacocks. Silver dinner service. I can go on and on.

Spoil yourself you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Ashish Kumar R, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here as part of a business tour/trip - and have promised myself that I will return one day for a proper holiday. The food was beautifully presented, and breakfast, with ginger tea and pancakes, on the terrace overlooking the gardens will be a memory I will hold onto. If you are after luxury, then this place offers it without losing sight of the individual guest. The polo match we attended was great fun, but the evening up at Mehrangarth Fort was the highlight of our trip. I'm really looking forward to returning one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifire

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over the new year for the December polo games, and what an experience it was. It is not often one gets to experience living in a palace, and one where the Jodhpur royal family continues to reside. Architecturally, the palace is stunning, larger and more ornate than Buckingham palace. The service is excellent, with an army of servants at your call, including dedicated staff to shoo away pigeons in the breakfast terrace! The rooms are admittedly not that great. They vary in size, and the one I had was very small, though it had a very large bathroom with nice Forest Essentials toiletries. The room overlooked the corridor (which meant closed curtains at all times), with a small balcony at the back, reached from the bathroom. However, it is the whole palace experience, rather than the room, which makes a stay at the Umaid Bhawan an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business