“Superb place”

Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was superb place at my trip and at the good location good service and have good as well as...... enjoy I never forget my trip on umed placeddd....i know the service this was superb but location is too good

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Mehrnavaz A, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Madam / Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our palace.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Umaid Bhawan Palace ,is a beautiful palace that is turned into a very push hotel with great service. The Maharajah still lives in one of the wings of the palace with his family. The hotel has a beautiful lobby with gorgeous rooms and bathrooms. The grounds are beautifully manicured. The hotel houses a collection of vintage cars and a small museum. It’s the best place to stay when in Jodhpur. They have tea time as well as a happy hour which is all included with your room. The Buffett breakfast has many wonderful options. WiFi is also included. For more pictures visit my Instagram @mosaferny

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mehrnavaz A, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

It is always a great pleasure to receive such wonderful compliments from our guests and I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your reviews on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you had a great time here and that the flawless Umaid Bhawan Palace service contribute to your memorable stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back for another pampering royal stay with us soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Just been to Ummed palace this week along with family, As usual it nice to be here and visit the museum. The city view from height is also awesome. Ice Cream serving near the entry has added a flavour in the summer day.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Seriously. This is absolutely the best hotel in the world, and I've been in hundreds of great hotels all over the world. In fact, the only negative comment I have is that this place will forever spoil you and disappoint you with other hotels. My journey took me to a Four Seasons hotel after this one, and I was thoroughly unsatisfied with it.

Here's why.

First, when we arrived, we were heralded by the sound of drums and trumpets -- then showered with rose petals and saluted by a royal guard properly attired. Then we were ushered into a huge marble-clad four-story chamber where dancers greeted us while we enjoyed a welcome drink.

Second, if my room were an apartment in NYC, it would rent for more than $10,000 per month. It consisted of a huge bedroom with beautiful built-in furniture, a small but nice dining room, a writing desk, a closet/dressing room area, and an enormous bathroom outfitted with extraordinary finishes and furnishings. Everywhere in this suite was wonderful marble -- the floors, columns, walls, etc. It's all done in an elegant, classical style that is very pleasing to the eye and touch.

Third, the royal touches that made each day elegant and enjoyable. Upon arrival in my suite was a tiered china display plate with 8 perfect pastel and delicious macarons (as good as the best I've had in Paris) on the top tier, excellent chocolates on the second tier, and mouth-watering cream cakes on the bottom tier. Picture-perfect fresh fruit was nicely arranged in a nearby basket. A nice bottle of complementary wine accompanied by crystal glasses was nearby. Each day brought a fresh multi-tiered pastry and chocolate display plate. I struggled to keep up with those tasty new offerings each day.

Fourth, the restaurant turns out the most perfectly cooked and delicious meals I had during my nearly three weeks in India. Plus the settings are simply fantastic. Breakfast was on a gorgeous balcony overlooking a large and perfectly manicured lawn and marble columned pavilion. Enjoy the special Indian pancake that your waiter may recommend -- and delight in bringing to you.

Fifth, and best of all, is the extraordinary service provided by every member of the beautifully attired staff. I know the term "you'll feel like royalty" has been overused and may seem trite, but here it's an understatement. The personal attention and pampering were on a level I have never experienced even at the best hotels in Switzerland, Austria and countless other countries. Laundry is returned to you in a deep blue velvet chest with the hotel's crest stamped in gold. The director of food and beverage service approached me one afternoon, and I praised him for the outstanding pastries and breakfast I had -- especially the special crisp pancake that was coated with cheese and then rolled up into a work of art. He said there is also a chicken version, and when I said I'd like to try it he asked what time I planned to have breakfast the next day -- so he could have it ready for me. That's a level of service that excels, but there are numerous other examples I could provide.

Go and enjoy this one-of-a-kind masterpiece. You won't regret it. But you will recall it fondly forever.

Room Tip: Get one of the upgraded suites with a balcony overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank WheelsOnFire
Mehrnavaz A, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

I am humbled to receive your gracious compliments for our team at Umaid Bhawan Palace. Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time to give us your feedback.

I am delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay thoroughly and found the amenities and services to be excellent.

It is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel like Royalty and we are glad that you felt like one during your stay.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the team and they are thrilled to know about your fabulous stay.

We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to the blue city of Jodhpur.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

during the my i was used umaid bhawan palace. I get a elite experience from this hotel . i would like to say who any person want to a king's experience on this time then come here and feel the wind of king. the best quality hotel in jodhpur ever. such as fascistic.
thanks indiaincredibletour who suggest me for this and also thank you umaid bhawan palace. i will come again here then welcome me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Madam / Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance in our quest of providing you luxury hospitality.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you to Umaid Bhawan Palace again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a three night stay in the majestic palace and I must say it was a life time experience. Their service was just EXCEPTIONAL.
The delicacies of the Risala and the service of the staff over there(Mention should be made of BHOPAL and SADIQUE from the RISALA, the head chef CHANDAR SINGH and MUKESH from the housekeeping)
Everything in the palace was sheer class!
Even the managers(special mention: JERMIN) made us feel at home.
Right from Swimming in the zodiac, to the peacock hunt, from the 2 museums to the yoga sessions, everything was an event.
I must say Jodhpur isn't complete without Umaid Bhavan.

I had often heard the the palace had many competitors( mainly the Udai Villas, Udaipur) but when I visited Udai Villas, I could feel the difference in every aspect and I must say that Umaid Bhavan has no competition at all and is by far the best hotel in the world.
Its a MUST VISIT palace.

Room Tip: Choose the best. Its a one time experience.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tekriwalsamarth

Dear madam / Sir,

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was the grandest royalest experience. The whole setting is mindblowing. Hats off to Rajasthan Royals. Humongous size, set in the middle of an open area, visible from many places, makes your heart sing with its grandioseness. Veey well maintained, courteous staff, confirtable beds, good bathrooms, plenty of excercise reaching our rooms, all in all a royal experience. The royal family lives there too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Madam / Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback which will certainly enable us to measure and improve our performance of hospitality services. We appreciate the time and effort taken by you and look forward to receiving you at Umaid Bhawan Palace with the opportunity to be of service to you again.