Govind Hotel
Hotel Priya(Jodhpur)
  • Bar/Lounge
Shiva Hotel(Jodhpur)
  • Room Service
All reviewshis sontrain stationbudget hotelmr jaggirooftop restaurantthe ownerfort view restauranthot waterauto drivercooking classreached jodhpurclock towerstandard roommehrangarh fortclean roomspersonal touchcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have been visiting many Hotels and like other reviews here the hotel was fantastic value for us. Highly recommended. Apart from other food ask for packed lunch if you are planning to catch train from Jodhpur we had it at nominal rates and enjoyed it. Also visit all the farshan and sweet meat shops around and make stay at Jodhpur memorable

Room Tip: Room on terrace
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Thanks Ajit, after so many tears but yet you have real great feelings for our hotel. Please come and visit our new Govind Hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at Govind. The (owner?) / manager, Jaggi, was very helpful in organising our stay and taxi from Udaipur. Our room was clean and spacious and the rooftop restaurant was a great place to escape the bustling streets.

Location next to the railway station was very good - walking distance to the markets and a rickshaw to the fort was about 80 rupees.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Golden Hut" on the roof. The hotel was quiet and is was nice that it opened out onto the rooftop restaurant which made it feel more spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 March 2012

It's not the Ritz, but you can't beat it for the price and hospitality, hence the five stars. Jaggi, the owner, is an all-around nice guy. That's not always easy to find in India. I stayed here with my girlfriend in March 2012, and it served our needs perfectly. We wanted a place close to the train to catch the 5am to Jaisalmer. Our room was simple but had hot water and a normal shower. Govind hotel has WiFi, which is always good for me because I occasionally need the internet for work when I'm on vacation. We paid 1000 rupees for our room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank You Sir for giving us a 5 star category. This gives us a boost to work more. My only wish is to make a budget 5 star with all basic amenities. Thanking you, jaggi

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We spent only one night in Govind hotel and a half day in passing on the way back from Jaisalmer. Overall, our experience in Rajasthan was not very pleasant due to a variety of reasons, one of which is the deceitful ways of many proprietors in Rajasthan. However, there was one spotlight in our rather disappointing experience, and that was the Govind hotel in Jodhpur. The rooms are very nice, spacious and clean for a low price. However, the invaluable resource at this hotel is Jaggi.Stay at the most expensive hotel in India and I'm sure you will not encounter such a friendly and helpful individual. After only knowing us for a couple of minutes, Jaggi offered us the Indian travelers bible, 'Lonely Planet's India guide' which was gifted to him by a former guest. The book was such a helpful resource, however, we left it at our hotel room in Jaisalmer. We figured we could get it back easily but the hotel 'lost' it, this just days after them telling us they found it and sent it to Govind hotel. I hope Jaggi eventually reads this and accepts my most sincere apologies. I hope this review leads many new travelers your way so they can benefit from your honesty, friendliness, and knowledge amidst a country where it often seems everyone is trying to rip you off.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the deluxe room, it was great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Thank you, my thanks to you and your family for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We at the Govind Hotel, which is a budget, treat every customer as an Almighty what ever his travel may be, a traveller sleeping in the dormitory or a traveller sleeping in the super deluxe room. I read the TripAdvisor and was very happy to read this marvellous, outstanding, best graded writeup about my institution. This i feel has come from your great feelings for the hotel. No apologies please, it happens you loose some things and you find some person whom you can trust. Life is give and take. I also want to thank TripAdvisor because it is because of them we are now paid for our true and honest work. Thanking you, my regards to your family in Surat.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights in the beautiful roof top room. The room was lovely, with the cleanest bathroom in India, and the food in the roof top restaurant was delicious - and inexpensive too. And the view of the fort is superb. But what made the stay so special was our host, Jaggi. We'd been in e mail contact before we came, but we were welcomed very warmly, treated as family and certainly left as friends. Jaggi also arranged all our train travel for us before we arrived and was a mine of information about good things to do in Jodhpur. The hotel is conveniently close to the station, and we can very highly recommend it.

Room Tip: fi there is a room available which is at the back of the hotel, it would probably be quieter. The main road gets busy and noisy pretty early. Being early risers, that didn't trouble us, but it's not ideal for those who like to lie in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thanks a lot for giving us such a great write up. I know we are friends now but any help any time, if my customer needs, jaggi is always ready. Yes definetly i need good reviews to maintain my position and appreciation of my honest hard work. Thanksonce again.