“Very Good Trip.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sawai Madhopur
Castle Jhoomar Baori
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Place is inside the jungle. Must have your own transport otherwise you are cut off totally from the main town. No swimming pool or games room. The Hotel authorities allow guests to drink hard liquor on the terrace and that can be risky if you are with your family and other male guests are drinking on the common terrace. Otherwise the view from the terrace top is excellent. One gets to see plenty of peacocks, deer, sambar and neel gai on the road to the Jhoomar baori hotel because it runs through the jungle. If you are lucky you can see a tiger or a leopard also. Food is so so . Not much of a variety. I wouldn't go there for a second visit with my family. Alone with friends is okay. Plenty of mosquitoes so go prepared with odomos and coils.

Room Tip: Book the suit on the third floor. You will have access to the terrace by climbing only seven steps.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Castle Jhoomar Baori

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Hotel is run by Rajasthan Government Tourist Department and has limited rooms. Hotel is in the forest and at a height. Rooms are spacious and Indian Food is excellent and reasonably priced. For wildlife enthusiasts it is THE place to stay in Ranthambore. There is absolute peace and serenity. It is best for people travelling by own car or cab as city is about 4-5 KM away. Can see birds and deers from rooms and terrace.

Room Tip: For forest view second and third floors are good and for terrace first floor is good.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ajay22Sharma
Reviewed 12 February 2016

The location of the hotel is what makes it one of best places to stay in Sawai Madhopur. You don't need to take a safari to see deer, peacocks, monkeys, chital and wild boars. The leopard and tiger also come visiting once in a while but that is rare.
The rooms are clean but shabby, no wardrobe/cupboard in the room we stayed in (104) was a major disadvantage. The windows were tiny and rooms hardly had any natural light. I was told that the rooms in the third floor had cupboards. Plenty of hot water and the beds are very comfortable. The terrace on each floor is lovely and the view from the top floor terrace is breathtaking. This property used to be a hunting lodge built by the kings and is now converted into a hotel. There is a lot of room for improvement but being a Government run property one should not expect too much.The stairs are narrow and high and climbing them should be a concern for the elderly.

Room Tip: Book your safari online.. Visit the top floor terrace just for the view. Choose rooms on the hig...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My second stay at Jhoomar Baori was well below par. My previous review gave the place 5 stars. I will explain my reasons and will warn fellow tourists to be careful otherwise you will be out of pocket significantly.

1. Location within jungle is ideal but then you are isolated from Ranthambore and Sawai Madhopur unless you have own transport. If you rely on Jhoomar Baori staff you will be fleeced.

2. This place has no maintenance and the word on the ground is that no funding from RTDC as they are looking to lease it to private contractor.

3. The managers are in nexus with Agents for Safari booking system. Even though I had booked 4 x Safaris online, the system needs you to go to the Forest Booking Centre to get boarding pass. I did present myself personally however staff there refused to do it even though counter was open. They insisted I went there 1 hour before each safari. This was not possible from Jhoomar Baori because of its location and safari timings. The Forest Booking Centre suggested I get the boarding pass through the hotel I was staying in. The manager at Jhoomar Baori charged me Rs 400/- per safari ie total of Rs 1600. When I asked for receipt, this was refused on grounds that it was 'agent fees'

I had noted this on my last visit and there has been mention of it on Trip Advisor before. However this time they are looting ruthlessly as they know place may soon be a private enterprise. So I would suggest to my fellow travelers to beware and make alternate arrangements and not rely on Jhoomar Baori staff to get your boarding pass for Safari.

If you rely on the Jhoomar Baori staff, please be prepared to be looted like I was.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Location: Very near town but in the heart of the forest. Chances of seeing spotted deer, sambar, tiger or leopard from your room window is bright.
Rooms : Good. Neat & clean equipped with all modern amenities.
Food: Good
Staff: FANTASTIC. Very very friendly & attentive. I have never come across more friendlier or helpful staff. Though they are very small in numbers ( only 9 ), at no point of time one feels unattended. Notable names are :
Ramesh Singh & Rejendra Singh ( Duty Managers ), Raspal Singh, Bhairov Singh, Ram Vilas & Rajmal Meena ( Attendants ), Lal Chand & Guru Prasad ( Cook & his Asst. ). FIVE STARS TO ALL OF THEM.
Full credit to General Manager K. P SINGH, for training them & maintaining the services & SetUp consistently.
Truely, on human touch basis, A HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kamlesh M
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Our travel plans were arranged by Trinetra. We deviated from their suggested itinerary to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Because it is a government owned property I had to book it myself. Easily done online.
It's an older property, not elegant, but has its own quirky charm. They have minimal but efficient and willing staff to assist you. The staff had no problem understanding English.
We stayed in a large suite on the top floor. It was very clean. It smelled of moth balls when we first arrived. My husband walked down to tell the staff and they must have removed them when we were out because the smell went away (or we got used to it). The shower was an entire room in our suite. It worked fine. Plenty of hot water but we didn't try to shower back to back. Linens were clean. We were given heavy wool blankets which did the trick at night.
We really enjoyed getting to know the staff. They were lovely, very friendly and helpful. The Internet was weak and only available in the lobby.
The best part was meeting the other guests. We learned a tiger had been napping two weeks earlier just off the side of the hotel. You could watch her from the terrace. It's also a great spot for seeing leopards. The other guests had hired musicians and a dancer their last night and invited us to join them.
Food was as good as places we were being taken by our travel company. We ended up loving our stay here. If you decide to book here just keep in mind it's not westernized or frilly.

Room Tip: We heard the suites on the second floor are best and have their own balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

You will get this heritage feel in this castle, a government owned property! Atop a hill and in between the jungle! Rooms very spacious with excellent views and terrace! Food was finger licking! A great experience!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends