Don't stay here if you're doing tiger safaris. The reason is that they're not safari-minded. Let me give some examples.
1. Other hotels give the guests sandwiches, blankets and hot water bottles for the cold morning safaris in winter. Jhoomar does not.
2. The meal times are not scheduled around safaris. Despite what the board says about lunch being served beginning at 12:30, the earliest it was ready during our 4-night stay was 1:30. The latest was 2:15. The only reason we got lunch that day was because our safari pick-up was late. But it was a rushed lunch every day.
3. The power goes out every morning at 6:30, just as you're in the critical last part of preparation for your safari. You'll need a torch/flashlight. The shortest power outage was 30 seconds, the longest was 10 minutes or so.
4. The cleaning crew comes by every day at 1:30, wanting to clean your room, just as you're preparing for your afternoon safari. Even after a few days, they didn't figure out that we want them to go away until we're out on our drive.
5. This is not their fault, but the location is not ideal for safaris. Jhoomar guests are usually the first picked up and the last dropped off. This means you get less sleep, more driving time in the cold (with no blanket) and less time between morning and afternoon safaris.
6. The guys actually wanted us to go to the booking office every morning at 5:30 to pay for our safaris, and then again every afternoon. Other hotels do this for the guests without asking. It wasn't until I complained about it that they offered to send somebody for us (for a price).
Another thing that annoyed us and cost us some money was that we booked for 5 nights but it turned out we only needed 4 of them. We knew this in advance of our check-in, but you cannot cancel for only one night. You have to cancel the entire booking, pay the 50% penalty on all of your nights, then make a new booking for the shorter stay. The staff at the front desk acknowledged that this was the case. We had to swallow the entire cost of the 5th night. That was very sub-standard.
Also, I tried several times to order something off of the room service menu, and each time they told me they couldn't do it. Don't put it on the menu if you can't make it!