“Fabulous night of learning from beautiful woman”

Shashi Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 13 Food & Drink in Udaipur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Right in the heart of udaipur you will find ''Shashi Cooking Classes'' Our Shashi cooking classes is an indian cuisine cooking school, offering a variety of indian dishes. We would be pleased to have you with us! We have kitchen that resembles your home kitchen,so that you are able to replicate the dishes at your place. Come enjoy a hands- On cooking class at ''Shashi Cooking Classes''
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Last evening we completed a 7 week visit to India with a well recommended cooking class in Udaipur. Shashi was everythong we hoped for in learning some basic exremely tasty indian food in her humble home.We were welcomed with open arms and embarked on a fabulous experience we will not forget. Thankyou for leaving us with warm fuzzies and new skills from this intetesting country
Robyn n Martin

2  Thank kiwisfl

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I attended this class a few months ago and after cooking some of the recipes Shashi showed me I feel compelled to write this review. This was the best evening in my 5 months traveling. Shashi is an inspiration and I have great respect for her. The class itself was so much fun and really interesting. Lots of giggles and mountains of food. What wonderful memories I have. If you have the chance to go you'd be daft not to.

1  Thank monkeywalkabout
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Out of the cooking classes we took during our trip (3 total), Shashi's was definitely the best. We liked how she keeps the class to a minimum of 3-4 people per class and how we really get our hands dirty and help out with the cooking. There's so much good food at the end that we really were impressed at how easy she made it and how good it was.

One thing that really made the whole cooking class more intimate was how she told us her story (not sure if she tells every class) which was very touching. She has such an amazing story to tell the whole thing makes you really get a better understanding of life in India.

1  Thank pinoyvlf
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Shashi is great. I don't want to ruin it, but she has a great story of "rags to riches." She is very friendly, has learned english extremely well and very fast. She knows the name of vegetables in many languages.

Do understand you are in her home. You eat in her living room/bedroom. The kitchen gets quite tight with six people. She assigns tasks and it's fun. There are mice running around, but I held to the thought that everything gets cooked, and no one in our group had any stomach issues afterwards (we've kept in touch). You can tell Shashi is an intelligent person. You will enjoy this experience. Go as hungry as possible, and do NOT fill up on the amazing pakora!!

1  Thank LifeDocumented
Reviewed 7 February 2012

SHASHI is an awesome lady who had a really hard start to her adult life but worked hard to pull herself together for herself and her two kids. Her cooking classes are really popular, and it's easy to see why.

Classes are a maximum of 6 people. She'll spend approx half an hour going through the menu with you, then you start to cook. Everyone takes turns to make the dishes. We made so much food we couldn't possibly eat it all. From chai tea to pakoras to curries to dessert. From what I hear, she teaches more dishes than most other cooking schools.

Also she is excellent value for money, I think it was 250 rupees per person but we were there for 5 hours. (You could leave earlier if you felt this was too long but I think it was because we were all enjoying each others company so much, as well as sitting down and eating the food.) Shashi has been told to put her prices up but she says why? She's happy with what she earns so she says she doesn't want to put the price up. But I personally would be happy to pay more.

Shashi has an awesome personality and a great sense of humour, we had alot of fun learning from her. Her English is good and she explains things in detail. Classes are very relaxed but informative. Book now! Have fun! :-)