All reviews takes personal interest rajasthani touch home away from home quiet location hotel ambience hotel is situated rooms are spacious perfect stay comfortable stay tourist places affordable price booked rooms an awesome experience stayed for two nights peaceful place mind blowing manager mr
Reviewed April 3, 2018

The staff here is very welcoming and eager to help you in any way they can to make you feel comfortable. Karan (the manager) is super helpful guy and hilarious to interact with. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. The rooftop is gorgeous and has a great view, I recommend having a dinner/drink up there if you get the chance. The hotel is located in a good place that is quiet but close to the river, the pretty restaurants and bars, and the market in the area. Its a good place for single travelers, families, or groups of friends who want to have a good time. Definitely recommend!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
amarkothi, Manager at Hotel Amar Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Amar Kothi, Udaipur.

It is great to receive such compliments from our guests and it goes on to encourage us to work harder to achieve the highest levels of our guests’ satisfaction.

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and liked your accommodation at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back and creating a memorable journey for you.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I just wanted to spend two nights here, just to relax and enjoy Mexican friendship. All the service, from the concierge and front desk to restaurant waiters housekeeping was excellent: they were all always at disposal to whichever need we had. The hotel decoration is very cute, enchanting and the terrace view is spectacular for chilling on sunrise or sunset. Muchas gracias amigos de Amar Kothi!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

Have a blessed day!!!

Please accept our sincere thanks for boosting our enthusiasm by your appreciating words and we assure you our best always, looking forward to welcome you again.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Hello All ! Being a Dj we get to stay in all places , but this Hotel i booked online , as it was close to my venue of event . I was tensed but as i checked it , reception staff was friendly , hotel rooms are clean , cozy , ac is perfect , room dining is very very nice , food is just like home . Do try breakfast on the top floor , food is nice . Sad thing hotel does not have a swimming pool , good thing it is located very near to city palace and old city area where most of the tourists go . Will visit soon .

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the month of Feb for 2 nights. Quiet location and welcoming staff.The suite on the top floor is ideal for a family seeking quiet time. Owner Prithvi and his staff took very good care of us.Food is simple and tasty.Will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gdhara
amarkothi, Owner at Hotel Amar Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear Mam ,
Thank you so much for writing such good words. Really it was our pleasure to host you as our guest. We would be looking forward to host you again in near future . thank you once again .please give my regards to your Dad & Sis.
Regards
Prithvi Raj

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here two nights in room 213 as part of an organized tour of the Golden Triangle. Front desk staff were polite and the hotel is quite nice. The room was large with 2 large windows however the smell of moth balls was overwhelming even after I threw out the 2 that I found in the bathroom. I left the window open but the smell remained. I looked for others and found none.
The drain in the shower was really slow. After a quick shower, I was standing in 2 inches of water. There was plenty of hot water.
The service at the restaurant was very poor. I ordered an omelet, toast, juice, a banana and coffee for breakfast. The omelet and toast arrived which I finished. I stacked my plates and the banana and juice (from a juice box) arrived, which again I finished. The coffee never arrived. I had to leave. I was the ONLY one eating in the dining room.
Later that evening I returned to the roof top to have a beer and read a book. After my beer I ordered food and was asked if I wanted another beer which I did. When I was done my food, the waiter returned and said it wasn’t possible to have another because of the time. It was 8:15pm. Of note there is only one type of alcohol available which is the Kingfisher lager. Staff said sometimes they have wine.
There is a hotel or building under construction across the street and they were hammering in the dark until 10pm each night.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. You have to take a tuk tuk to the old center.
I spoke to another traveler who said they asked to be removed from a room on the first floor as she described it as being a dungeon. They moved to the second floor. The smell of moth balls was prevalent in both rooms. They were going to call their tour operator to stay in a different hotel for their second night
There are likely better rooms for the same price elsewhere in Udaipur.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
amarkothi, Manager at Hotel Amar Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Dear Mam

Have a blessed day!

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and we assure you for the improvement on the points raised by you, but as far as your concern about alcoholic beverages generally we do not provide but if guest requests for that then only we can provide and here all the shops of wine closed down by 08:00 PM that was the reason steward refused for it.

Further to that the moth balls are placed in almost each and every hotel to de-insecticide the drainage, if it was troubling you, you just informed us that time so that we can made the necessary action. And we did our best to other guest also to whom you spoke but unfortunately she refused all our offers.

Please note we are hardly half Kilometre from lake fatehsagar and the old city entrance and it depends on the guest choice to walk or take tuk-tuk.

And please understand we have a limitation of not to interfere in others construction until and unless it was not permitted by the officials but we will try to make our rooms more soundless.

Further to that we really regret for the inconvenience caused to you in the restaurant and assure you that you will find it at our best on your next visit as we hope to see you soon.

Hope you will understand our concern and give us another chance to serve you with our best.

Thanking you for alarming us for the betterment.

Sincerely yours