OYO 4771 Hotel Anjani
Ranked #74 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Well, never imagined I would land up for such a relaxing stay admist narrow laned and busy place. Anjani rocks with great and clean ambience, very well maintained rooms and swimming pool. My personal prefernce is good bedding, cleanest bathrooms, zero noice level and great hospitality. I am happy I got it all here. I am staying here for a night and very happy with everything.This small resort is walking distance from Lake city and Baghore ki Haveli. Would definitelty come here next time and so would suggest all my known and unknown dear ones.
you should know, I am feeding this feedback from the lobby as I couldn't resist to write/

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Prem p

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a great 2 night stay at Anjani Guest House: staff is really nice and ready to help any time, rooms are very nicely decorated, bathroom recently revamped (with hot water), view on the city from the terrasse is great and rooms are well decorated and clean. Food is ok not fantastic and smiwwing pool is quite tiny but quality of welcome from the staff really makes the difference! I highly recommend this place for your stay and rest in Udaipur!
Special thanks to Jai!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Lorraine_Paris
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The rooms were kept clean. The bathrooms were sparkling. The service terrible!! We booked a room via phone. We told them we were going to arrive at 6am and was told that was ok. Upon arrival they did not have a room for us and kept asking us for a voucher! I still don't know what voucher they were talking about. We paid half day price for 4 hours which was ok. They told us the room was going to be very loud because of an event so they said they would move us to another room. Turned out they just wanted to move us to a super delux room to get extra cash from us. The electricity goes out. We had no cold water! The toilet wouldn't flush..... And our queen bed was two single beds put together with single sheets. It was annoying because my husband and I felt like we were in separate beds.

Great location!!!!

The food was cheap. The staff stand there and don't leave until you give them a tip! It's annoying!!!!

They gave us an AC room for 300 Rs cheaper!

Overall experience: clean bathroom with terrible service!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jojomann
Reviewed 4 November 2011

when i first got of my car and looked around, i wasn't sure if i had made the right choice. but to my surprise the hotel was lovely. the room was clean and very traditionally decorated, i especially loved the sitting arrangements with the colorful windows. the staff was very warm and welcoming. next i go back to udaipur this is where I'll want to stay again. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank dewdropz
Reviewed 17 September 2011

No problems with this place, a good value for money joint, not flash. Pool doesn't work for me as I was scared of ear infections. Staff could be offhand, then pleasant then offhand again. Maybe its an indian thing.Close to all the things you may wantto see, the rooms were quite acceptable maybe better, the manager allowed us to use the hotels facilities to freshen up the evening that we left at no extra cost. I give it 75 out of 100 rather than the 4/5 as above.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank peter d
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The rooms were fairly well decorated and the location was decent, but there were a few things which let Anjani down in a big way:

1) We saw 2 mice in our room whilst staying for a couple days - one even crawling over my bed! After pointing this out and finding mouse droppings on the bed itself, the manager moved us to a room a floor above, but it was not the most pleasant experience! After a couple nights stay, I also found some mysterious bug bites up my arms which were certainly not from mosquitos, and another rather unpleasant experience.

2) Renovation works meant it was very hard to judge how good this hotel could be. There was A LOT of noise going on, and really the hotel should not have been open for business - it was functioning more as a building site than anything else. Also, although the rooftop did have good views, it was let down by the fact that the restaurant was not open for business (presumably due to the renovstion works).

The location was probably the best thing about it - it was near good internet cafes, places to eat and generally all the attractions you come to Udaipur to see. Some of the staff seemed rather gormless and not with it, but the manager eventually gave us a small discount on account of the renovation works and the mouse problems.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank OPRS
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night only and the rooms were surprisingly quiet even though the hotel is just a few steps away from a busy street. Very central in Udaipur main touristic area. It has a tiny lift which is helpful when carrying bags up to rooms. The rooms were very large, like a little suite with sitting area separated from bedroom, but had no view. Bathrooms had the usual sink, toilet, and shower with curtain, all tiled up from floor to wall, and it was clean. However the breakfast area was disappointing as it looked run down, the roof terrace had no table-chair to enjoy the view. Would need some care to bring it up to its potential.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends