All reviews free chai bed dorm hey guys city palace the location is perfect common areas place to stay great rooftop hot water awesome place lake pichola rooftop restaurant enjoy the view top floor rooms are clean special thanks india
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Really enjoyed our stay at Bunkyard! The rooftop terrace and sunset chai’s make staying at this hostel worthwhile! The rooms were pretty basic and there were no locks on rooms or lockers available for big bags.
The location and rooftop alone definitely makes this hostel worthwhile!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Cool spot with chilled common areas, good cafe and great people. Raji and Sandeep are awesome people and really made the experience special. (Raji showed us magic card tricks, even). There are many common areas for you to relax in and escape the beating sun. Location is central to everything you'll want. The cafe has an excellent paneer butter masala you should order the moment you arrive. So go meet Sandeep and Raji. Have Raji show you card tricks.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018

The inside of this building is beautiful. Really beautiful. There are so many cool details that make the place super pretty. Full of plants. There are super cute places to chill, socialise and meet good people. We had a really enticing stay. I'm very happy to have experienced Udaipur in Bunkyard!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

It's gonna be a long review but it's going to be worth your time if you're considering this hotel.

I booked the room on September 21st. Positive reviews across all digital boards got me. I booked their King's Suite and my experience was total disastrous. Initially I wasn't angry but the hotel staff was totally reckless and clueless about their duties, and that got me on my nerves.

So let's dive right into it:

They called themselves Bunkyard. The hostel is situated at an average place and has average view.
They're into dorms but they also offer Rooms. They have priced their room around ₹3000 and dorm around ₹499. Dorm price is okay and is at par with Zostel and Banjara Hostel which happens to be situated in the same area. But let's talk about room price .. they're smokey high and when you're charging this much then your service must stand at par with competitors.

Before we go any deeper you must be thinking, why am I bashing them?

Well they charged us more than twice for much degraded quality room. Their mattresses aren't comfortable. Room is not clean enough at it should be.
They didn't provide us with basic amenities and upon requesting the same charged is ₹40 for them. Now ₹40 is nothing for me but when i am giving you ₹3000 I expect it. Upon challenging their hospitality, management did nothing, absolutely nothing. They infact told us that this is same all across neighborhood.

After this statement we thought to take a walk around in the neighborhood and I was surprised.
In the neighborhood we've Jaiwana Haveli (₹2800 for similar room) , Krishna Haveli (₹1100 for just a bit smaller room and ₹1800 for similar room) and last but not the least Devraj Haveli (awesome room @ ₹1800 and more awesome room @₹2200 also has a hotel named Natural Lake view point restaurant with breathtaking Lake view).

Why am I talking about neighborhood hotels ? Well that's because they claimed that they're very reasonable but trust me on this , they're not by any means.

How can I fall for this? Reviews and rating both are nice.

Well they're nice because most people who rate and review them are renting their dorm (which might be a pleasant experience).

Verdict :
Well you can rent them out for their dorm but beware their rooms aren't worthy of your money. Their rooms aren't worth ₹3000 or even ₹2500, they're trashy room as compared to market and shouldn't be more than ₹1000 with current setup.

I am not supporting any neighborhood hotel I am just suggesting to take a look around before you hand them your money.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vaibhav K
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Doing Rajasthan solo for 3 weeks and my first stop was Udaipur. Sandeep is super awesome and his hostel felt very warm and homey, even when it was a bit rainy! The room was big enough for us girls, with hot shower and lockers, individual charging ports&bed light. Met the most amazing group of people here and ended up travelling with them the most part. The location is spot on and is in the middle of everything so you dont need to get a rick anywhere, all walking distance. Highly recommended for sure!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo