All reviews orchid restaurant race course poolside restaurant club room excellent stay place to stay swimming pool front office f b comfortable stay value for money enjoyed my stay breakfast buffet special thanks courteous staff comfortable rooms home away from home
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We stayed for one night, the receptionist was ok when receiving us,not so friendly.
However that is one minor thing. I booked 4 room and all of us loved the stay. AT first was a bit scared on the cleanliness as earlier we planned to book GRT but due to some issues ended up booking this hotel, which turned out to be the right thing to do. This hotel was super clean, very spacious and complete with all amenities. Bathroom was very clean, and they provide biotique toileteries product . Once we checked in ,we went out to visit few temple. When we came back we were given chocolate, and a cute message written on mango leaf in each room as welcoming token. The room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. even my little girl was very happy with the room.
Breakfast had more varieties than offered at many hotel.The thosai was very dry though. Check out was smooth , but we were told to pay for coffee and breakfast send to one of the rooms wrongly. It was my parents room, they thought it was a complimentary meal but did not touch it as we visited temple in the morning. So we told the receptionist that we did not order and the food was still in the room. They checked and told that we did not have to pay for that "free breakfast" that was wrongly sent !. This is the other minor issue. Upon checking out we were given free cookies cutely wrapped.
Will be returning to madurai in future and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback on Trip Advisor, which is very rewarding for ‘Team Fortune Pandiyan’. Thank you! It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to exceed guest expectations. We take pride in the fact that we are the first three star luxury hotel in this Temple City that has been serving guests with the traditional warmth and hospitality of South India since 1968.

I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for your patronage and support. It is our constant endeavour to provide you with the highest standards of personalized service and efficiency. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance on your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Was there for a business lunch. Chettinad food of vegeratian and non-vegetarian - veg has little choice but the food is delicious. Mix of south and north makes the combination odd and they should focus on chettinad style. Poor in north indian preparations

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Very good service, very friendly chef karthikeyan called me Harry Potter and made me feel right at home. Food was good, no western options which is great for dinner but breakfast was more challenging.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

It is quite comfortable stay with good food and service.
Good coperative staff.
Bedrooms are also quite good.
Captain Mr satish kumar..chef Mr karthikeyan along with his team member very warm and always keen to welcome guest.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Restuarant or scheffs care .... you will have a doubt when you enter the restaurant of pandyan hotel Madhurai. Smiling face with a schefs caps awaits you there as if awaiting for a long lost friend. Ya its Schef Karthikeyan. Never met him before even though I have been here more than 25 times with groups earlier. At first I thought its a kind of ,,make belief play,, as you say in the industry. But the food that was served and the manner which was served confirmed the smile was really from the heart. Though the size of reastuarant makes you feel ,conjusted ,with more than 3 groups with an average pax of 20, the service people do their best to see every one is well taken care. Choice of disches are plenty. Their new scheme of mineral water served in renewavable glass bottle with herbal leaf with a tag ,, glass is not half empty but half full;; to serve water from misuse is a good sign to ecological appeal. One can direct come here as a walking guest to restaurant on week ends to try their special buffets. You have enough parking here. It would be better if they bring some more personals in service to deliver the drinks on time. Since the foreigners may be nervous to wait long for their ,,king fisher,,.
Good food served with a smile will fill your stomach and heart together.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

General Manage