“Thanx Ponmari, You made our stay in Ooty memorable!”
Review of Ponmari Residencyy

Ponmari Residencyy
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I, along with my family of 6 other members, stayed at Ponmari Residency for two nights in the first week of April 2012. Having done extensive research through Internet on the best, yet affordable hotel in Ooty, I zeroed in on Ponmari. I had to wait till the last couple of days to book accommodation for various reasons and when I tried to book rooms, the web site of Ponmari flashed an error message citing cutoff date for accommodation. I immediately called Ponmari and they asked me to e-mail them making a formal request for accommodation which I did, to which there was PROMPT reply from Mr. Rajendran of Ponmari requesting me to deposit some advance money for confirmation of accommodation and again, I called Ponmari and the officer, Mr. Hakeem, was very kind enough to say that “NO NEED TO PAY ANY ADVANCE” and that he has “BLOCKED” a couple of rooms based on the already placed request via e-mail. When we reached Ooty (Ponmari), everything was perfectly in place for us. Of course, they did not have such huge rooms to accommodate all of us in one single room (in fact, no hotel claims to have). We were charged just one extra bed that too for just one night and were given a discount of one-night extra bed. Throughout our stay, the staff right from security to room service were really helpful, polite, attending to our requests immediately, and going to whatever extent possible to keep us happy. The only downside was that the “Royal Standard Room” that I stayed in got a bit stuffy during nighttime and it was a bit difficult to have a good night’s sleep. On the whole, we had an exciting trip and wonderful stay at Ponmari. Thank you Ponmari people, you made our stay a memorable one and I, for sure, would recommend this cozy, yet reasonably priced hotel. I did not try their multi-cuisine restaurant because I am a strict vegetarian and no opinions there.

Room Tip: Go for the room facing the city. There is a nice playground with the hill background. Lovely sight...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MaheshSundaram

Reviewed 14 March 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 1 night.the front desk was very helpful as we arrived 1 day later than our expected date of arrival. The front desk was very prompt in arranging rooms for us for the same price as our reserved rooms.rooms very very comfortable and there was nice hot water in the morning.service in the hotel was excellent, however,there was an incident with the restaurant staff which had put us off. as my family members sat down for lunch and inquired about the meals on the menu, 1 of the staff was very rude and we walked out of the restaurant. however, 1 gentelman (i am not sure if he is the manager /owner) came to us and personally apologised for his staff's behaviour. but as we returned for dinner that night, we were given excellent service, although the it did take some time for the food to arrive.
otherwise we had a good stay and we hope they continue to maintain the standard of their rooms ad services

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Premalatha S
Reviewed 2 March 2012

the rooms are well maintained but food is extremely bad you must eat some where else

Room Tip: left side rooms have better view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shasha1111
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We turned up and there was a problem with the booking due to someone elses mistake and they could not have been more helpful with sorting it all out. When we did manage to get to stay at the hotel, the rooms were really clean, the service continued to be amazing - efficient, friendly and well beyond what most other hotels would provide. We were so impressed I promised to put my first review on TripAdvisor and here it is. Stay here and you will be pleased you did.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I and my wife, along with our 2 years old son had stayed at Ponmari Residency during last week of January 2012. The TripAdvisor reviews prompted me to choose this hotel and we didn’t get disappointed at all with that.
We took their royal honey suit, which was pretty big (including a big glass window), clean, well decorated and with all the necessary amenities you would expect. Toilet was good, big and hygienic.

Room service was very prompt and the in house multi cuisine restaurant served very good food. We observed even visitors from other hotels to have their dinner here (that too in winter).

The room heater is not included in the standard room tariff, but one can get it by paying Rs 300/- per day (which I think is in the higher side).

Location: It is located just next to the Breeks Field stadium and just 5 minutes walk from the Charring Cross junction, which is one of main shopping hub. The Ooty botanical garden is also about 10 minutes walking from the hotel.

Over all we had a very good and comfortable time in Ponmari, and would definitely like to recommend to others.

Room Tip: Booking Tip: If you are making an advance booking, just don’t bank on verbal confirmation (make some...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KalyanBh
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed only one night in Jan 2012. The hotel sits on a main road, it's a bit noisy. The rooms are simple, and cold. It was freezing and they do not heat the rooms. If you want a heater, you have to pay extra 300 rupee or the night. There was plenty hot water and I even took a bath. The bath room looks molded, and needs urgently new paint. Breakfast was not good. Overal it's not the best choice in Ooty.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Ponmari Residency in Ooty is a nice place to stay with your family. South Indian Food were good. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and families. :) Room quality was good except the television.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple