“Beauto artwork, aweapmw staff”

Sanskriti's Imperial Gems
Ranked #19 of 54 Shopping in Agra
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our taxi driver took my friend and I to sites throughout Agra, and made sure we stopped by Sanskriti. We so appreciated the stop. The embroidery artwork was breathtaking and beautiful. Shantam, who works there, was extremely helpful and nice, and never once made us feel pressured to buy anything from his store--which was such a breath of fresh air compared to other businesses in the area. Would love to come back and buy more of the artwork! Thanks Shantam!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"india"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We visited Agra to see Tass Mahal and I ask our driver if he knew of a nice quite place where we could do shopping with out looking behind us all the time.Well he was spot on .A beautiful shop with fantastic goods .Excellent quality professional service and the owner spoke excellent English and could'n do enough to help .
If you are in Agra you must pay a visit to these place because you will be able to purchase excellent quality staff that you cant call souvenirs, because every piece you buy there is a piece of art .

1  Thank Sofia P
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Excellent service, prompt delivery, very satisfied customer. Thank you for the Amazing piece of art!! Cant wait to hang it up so everybody can see your work!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I visited this store in Agra, India a year ago specifically because I wanted to see the traditional zardozi work from India. In the reception area a master patiently carries out this beautiful work in embroidery with precious & semi-precious stones. Though I was not a position to purchase, I was treated with kindness and respect including a lovely parting gift and a follow-up email about the history of zardozi work which the family owners of the store has supported for years.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I travel to India frequently as part of my work and am accustomed to shopping there. On my trip this past fall our guide took us to Sanskriti's Imperial Gems; what an amazingly beautiful shop! The jewels were exquisite and the customer service, which is what I want to address in this review was outstanding. But first, a word about their jewelry.

Their gems are so beautiful - I'm not sure I've ever been to such a lovely, well laid out store filled with this much beautiful jewelry. The colors and displays alone were enough to take your breath away. The array of options, prices, settings, and types of jewelry won't be matched. Even if you're unsure about whether or not you want to buy exquisite, unusual Indian jewelry please go there and just take a peek. You won't be disappointed!

But as beautiful as their jewelry is their customer service is even better. When we came in I was met by one of the owners, Shakti, who immediately showed me a beautiful ruby pendant with which I fell in love. I'm not sure if Shakti would want me to tell you this but he went out of his way to make sure that I was able to purchase this beautiful piece. I hadn't brought my credit cards with me on our trip to Agra for fear of robbery, I had a small bit of money but not enough to cover the cost. Was this a problem? NOPE! Shakti and I worked it out whereby I came back to the States, wired him the money and he sent me my exquisite pendant. Did it end there? wait, the story gets better.

The jewelry, which came to me over the Christmas holidays got 'lost' in the mail by UPS. Everything got worked out eventually but only because Shakti went out of his way to work with UPS from both the Indian and American side. He made multiple phone calls, sent numerous emails and through his persistence my jewelry arrived safe and sound. I don't for a minute believe this would have happened without his help.

Based on our experiences I now consider Shakti not only a salesman of beautiful jewels (which you won't find anywhere else) but perhaps even a friend. Will I be returning to his shop when I'm next in India? You bet!

Jane Ryan, PhD.