1,073 results
All reviewsgomti nagarswimming poolbeautiful propertycoffee shopgarden viewplace to stayindian restaurantawadhi cuisineduty managerunder renovationexcellent hotelkebabexcellent staytravel deskcomfortable stayroom servicerestaurant staff
Reviewed August 2, 2018

The premises were great. Staff were extremely polite. well-trained and professional. Always understanding of what we wanted. They met every need and could anticipate whatever services we wanted. In Lucknow, we will always stay in this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Was in Lucknow for a summit. Spent 3 nights at completely renovated Taj Vivanta. Checkin was super prompt and warm. Was greeted by traditional "tikka". Was personally escorted to the room. Luggage was delivered swiftly. Room was very well maintained with all necessary amenities. What I liked was the USB charging point near the bed..so convenient. Many times - just to get the plug point and socket together is a challenge. Bathroom Amenities were adequate. Morning breakfast has a wide choice between vegetarian and non vegetarian including healthier options. Live counter had dosas, parathas...and the warm friendly completely guest centric service which makes all the difference.
Overall, a sheer luxury with all the warm hospitality you would expect from Taj hotels. Keep it up, folks ! This is what makes many of us return again and again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Well these is one of the best places to stay at Lucknow.. it is very conveniently located in Gomti Nagar in the heart of the city .. rooms are spacious and service is extremely warm .. breakfast spread is huge and lives upto the expectation level .. overcome strongly recommended

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2018

This is a very beautiful property, acres of lush green, well-landscaped gardens, fountains, pristine white palatial style building, an enormous lobby, but this is where the "Tajness" ends and mediocrity begins. Since I am a member and had pre-booked my stay, check in should have been smooth and it was. I asked for an upgrade which I am entitled to, but they politely told me they were giving me pool facing, newly renovated room which is in the same category as the room I booked, so where was the upgrade? My room was located at the very, very far end of a long corridor although I specifically requested that I not be given one that requires a long walk. When I complained, the staff said "Its like a morning walk for you." Really?? If I wanted a morning walk, I would walk outside or at the gym. Why would someone walk a dark, dingy corridor that smells and was strewn will stale food trays? We fell in the love with the room especially the view and the huge bed (all Taj properties do not have same size beds although they insist they do but then Taj is always right and the customer is wrong). We quickly fell out of love of the room. The wardrobe door was kind of jammed and would barely open, the safe cabinet would not close properly in a newly renovated room! The work desk had an uncomfortable chair. There was barely any hot water in the bathrooms at any time, at best we would get luke warm water (again complaining to Taj staff is futile. I have learned that with previous experiences). At night, the AC would stop cooling. The room temperature would go up and no matter how much you try to lower the AC temperature, it goes not go down. We have gotten up at night frequently and slept restlessly because of poor AC function and the warm room. The linen is all cotton so no chance of that being the reason. There was someone running or walking heavily in the room above us and we could hear the footsteps. This happened at all times of the day and even at night. Taj did not think of sound proofing?? The room service food is pathetic, very expensive, and not worth a morsel. If a Nawab were to eat this food, the chef would be thrown in a dungeon. It takes hours for someone to answer the phones, be it the Ask service, room service, or travel desk. Something like tea and coffee takes around 20 minutes to be served to the room. Coffee had been sent cold and we had to send it back. They cannot even make good tea or coffee!! The only good food at this hotel is at Oundhyana. Although expensive, the food is worth every penny (or Rupee). The spa is smallish and does not offer a lot of treatments but the experience there was okay. The car and driver during our stay were excellent although during our drop to the airport they gave me lower category car (although I paid for a higher category one) and a really bad driver. I would have booked an Ola or Uber and they would have given me a better car and driver. They gave us a complimentary cake for our anniversary, clicked pictures with us and did not hand them to us. The WiFi worked well and seamlessly. There are frequent power cuts. I don't know if it is a general occurrence or due to work going on at the hotel. It takes a while for the generator/backup power to kick in. There was an occasion when there was no power at all in my room and we decided to go out instead of waiting in a non-AC room for power. There was no offer to move us to another room, no apologies, nothing complimentary for the inconvenience caused. This place is expensive and not worth the cost. The service is slow and pathetic. They are busy cutting costs with shutting the AC at night, shutting hot water, not providing complimentary airport pickup and drop, or even breakfast. Guest is not treated like a Nawab here but is actually ripped off and made uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view rooms and ones that don't require a "morning walk."
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teejayss
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at Oudhyana restaurant. It was great traditional architecture with equally good hygiene and cleanliness. Choice of food available was excellent and wide. Ambience was appropriate for peaceful meal with ongoing discussion. Gilouti kababs and special Lucknavi biryani was awesome.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business