All reviews swimming pool sol bar canton royale great pool cantonment area beautiful hotel buffet breakfast pizza hut balcony overlooking an oasis travel desk indian food old city thali hot water the river railway station
Reviewed November 24, 2015

I stayed in the hotel during the second week of November 2015.
The hotel gives you value for your money.
My room (room 114) was a bit outdated but I didn't care. One cannot expect the luxury of Raddison blu or Hilton hotel for 33 Euro/night.
The service was very good.
For instance; my room got cleaned on the time I wanted. I could always use their phone to call my guides.
It is located in a small street about 100 meters from the main road so it's a quiet place.
Restaurant was very good, My first dinner was the biggest thali and I enjoyed it very much and it was not expensive at all.
I also had a pothie massage. The guy that gave me that massge knew very well what he was doing.
I really recommend this massage. You can also have it in Varanasi center but you might get tricked.
What I also liked very much was the variety of people I saw.in the hotel.
A mix of ordinary tourists, Budhist monks on their way to Sarnath and sometimes a guru with his followers.
They also take care of the entertainment of their guests in the evening. Something that is often forgotten in India.
"Shorty" said... I enjoyed my staying in the Surya Hotel

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
SGautam, Owner at Hotel Surya, Kaiser Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2015

Thank you very much for your recommendation. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Please visit us again.

Reviewed November 20, 2015

After a long day in Varanasi, we wished for nothing else then to return to this beautiful hotel. With its swimming pool, Spa and amazingly delicious restaurant, and budget prices, this was the best choice for us to have our stay for 3 nights. The restaurant is a must to try for one lunch or dinner. Staff was polite, we had a big, spacey room with AC, and helpful staff. massage was also amazing, recommended to try the Spa. Please be prepared to have a 20 minute tuk-tuk ride from and to the city, as the hotel is located in the norther part of the town.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warper80
SGautam, Owner at Hotel Surya, Kaiser Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2015

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our services at the hotel. Both our restaurant, Canton Royale, and our spa, Aarna Spa, have separate TA pages, if you would like to share your comments there as well. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy the additional amenities we offer. I hope you will visit us again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 19, 2015

Varanasi city is a religious site and is a city that needs to be cleaned up but has not yet gotten to that point. This hotel was our first stop and we felt like it was the standard that we would be comparing all the others to...that was not the case after all. This hotel was acceptable, not a stand out but our expectations were not yet formed. There are better and nicer hotels in some of the other cities that we visited but considering this city, this hotel was probably one of the standouts and luckily for us, we stayed there and not in the city itself. The ganges river is to be seen, but to stay in the old city would be a horrible mistake. As a first impression, this city is a shock to the system and until you get to Udipar or some of the other cities, you have a bad taste in your mouth. The service here was good, the rooms were acceptable, the food was reasonable and given the choice, my recommendation is just to bypass the city of Varanasi which no one does because of its historic significance.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing us and sharing your comments. We are happy to hear that we made the visit to Varanasi worthwhile for you. Although there are many improvements that can be made in this city, it is our job to make sure our guests are as comfortable as they can be while within our hotel. We provide a relaxing environment to unwind in after hectic days of sightseeing. We hope you will visit us again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

Hotel from outside is very nice, clean and nice garden. Inside is a shock, dirty rooms, toilet and bathroom very bad, furniture was so bad looked like it was made out of cardboard. We stayed there 3 nights and for 3 and half days we had hammer banging all day Long.
we complained and the Manager just smiled.
They had very good evening Music.
Do not choos e this Hotel.

Room Tip: pool side may be good as I was told
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron P

Thank you for staying with us. We do have three categories of rooms to suit any budget. Our Deluxe rooms are our base category rooms, which allow travelers to enjoy all the benefits at our hotel, while keeping their costs low. Although Deluxe rooms are budget, they are always sparkling clean, most have a balcony, and very comfortable beds for a good night sleep. Our enclosed garden allows for a peaceful ambience very rare to find in our holy city. I do apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay, but I request that you visit us again and give us another chance with fresh eyes. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

Hotel Surya is a 200 year old heritage building. It is a graceful, quiet, clean place to stay in Varanasi. The old city is crowded, noisy and dirty. If you want somewhere clean at a reasonable price, elegant with helpful staff, this hotel is your choice. It is removed from the old city, but for those of you who want a respite after a day of touring it fills the bill. You can take a tuk tuk or taxi into town to see the morning/evening ceremony and the ghats for about INR150.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the second floor with a garden view and was very happy with the room
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Thank you very much for choosing us. We are very happy to hear your positive review. We hope you will stay with us again.