“Excellent stay!”
Review of Ilbert Manor

Ilbert Manor
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
Reviewed 6 December 2011

No points for guessing that the place to stay at if you happen to visit Mussoorie is "Ilbert Manor". This is a heritage property turned into a hotel now. This gives you a feel of the British era once you enter the hotel. The hotel staff is warm and cordial and the hotel inspite of being located very close to the mall road provides shuttle service. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel will make you feel at home during your entire stay. The food at the hotel is excellent although a little overprised. But you would not mind spending a little extra to get quality food. Plus the chef comes to your room to take the order and if desired the food will be served in the room itself. There are a few other facilities such as gaming room, library and DVD's are provided by the hotel. The valley view from the room is very good as you get to see the himalayan ranges very well from here.

Though we faced a little problem with the Airtel network while staying in the hotel and we had to come out of our room to get the proper network connectivity. But this can be ignored considering the fact that "you are on vacation" and being cut off from the outside world makes you make the most of your vacation! Overall an excellent experience it has been at the "Ilbert Manor"!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pooja S
IlbertManor, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ilbert Manor Mussoorie. First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay and giving us your honest feedback. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday at the Ilbert Manor. It will be our pleasure to continue providing you with our personalized services in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Everything is so perfect in this heritage hotel. If you can afford a little bit of luxury then this is the right place for you in Mussoorie.

My stay at this hotel for 3 nights is an absolute delight. Infact my Mussoorie tour wouldn't have been better without it. Right from the check in you will feel that you have entered some palace with all the heritage things around.

The managers Mr Lawrant and Mr Vikash are just so perfect with a all time smiley face and unmatched service.

The room is nice, big, no frills, variety of toiletries and with all the amenities required.

The chef visits the room personally in order to take your orders for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have no menu card. You can order your likings (except fish and mutton preparation) and the chef will present that for you. Its yummy.

The hotel is not at the mall but they do have a shuttle service for pick up and drop to the Mall. The driver Anand is always at your service. Being a local boy he can also be your best guide. But beware.... if in any case the shuttle service is not available...then it's a tough time to walk the steep up hill for elderly people.

I would recommend everyone of all age to stay at this heritage property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Atanu_Gupta

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Mussoorie is an excellent place to visit for relaxation from ur daily routines .....After visiting Ilbert Manor i felt amazing the property is located close to the Mall Road and is luxurious .the ambiance of the hotel is really good.there is a Himalayan view that can be seen from backside of the hotel the interior of the hotel is worth seeing each room has a unique interior and a name given to it.the food and hospitality of the hotel is excellent..there is a small library ,spa and meditation room which are very relaxing ...I really feel if one visits Mussoorie hotel Ilbert Manor is worth visiting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabrina s

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Mussoorie is rightly worthy of the title "the queen of hills". My stay at Ilbert Manor made it one of the best hill station excursions. Ilbert is located at a highly esteemed property. It is very close to The Mall Road and other tourist destinations. They have a special pick up and drop,cab facility . The rooms are opulent and extremely comfortable. The hall is really beautiful where one can sit, read a good book,newspaper and sip tea or coffee. Whenever i go to mussoorie, ilbert is my first preference in hotels. It has so much to offer. I absolutely loved the food there. Hats off to the chef,amazing and sumptuous indian cuisine. And sometimes there is an open kitchen in the garden where we are served pasta and salads. I had an amazing time at ilbert.The staff is cooperative and hospitable. I have been there with my family and friends both.It was a vacation in complete tranquility. I relish the experience :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Nehar G

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Over prised and look out for hidden Charges as in food and extra beddings.
Food quality is average and not much to dishes in menue to offer.
Bathrooms and rooms are nice with decent furniture and fixtures. However I dont think they have much staff to handle big bookings.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank two2lie
Ilbert M, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Like most of us.... after several months of working and putting myself through absolute torture of getting stuck in traffic to and fro to work with absolutely no time to myself ,honks of cars is all I could hear, I needed a Getaway. I decided to go up the hills.. Destination Mussoorie. Amazing drive. Checked in at Ilbert Manor. Coming from a hospitality background, very seldom but I do get into the details of noticing every thing at the Hotel. This heritage property was flawfless! "CLASSIC" is how I would describe it! I loved the yoga and meditation room.... delicious food and everything else. close to the mall yet quiet! One of the best properties I have visited. I think they are going to see a lot more of me ! :D

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank rabia m

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I went to Ilbert Manor for two nights and even though I was traveling alone I would surely go back with my family. It is slightly away from the crowded Mall Road and in my definition that is a plus. Yet it is not too far away from the city hub.

The rooms are really beautiful but just walk to the first floor and see the corridor and slanting roof, it just took my breath away. Modern buildings are no longer built that way! The chairs by the window are inviting to sit by them and do nothing or maybe read.

The room service is good. Try their 'Bombay Sandwiches' it was really well done. Even the pakoras are quite good.

I was not carrying my laptop but I am told that the hotel has wifi.

I have tried their spa and the lady who attended to me was good, she was quite attentive to my needs.

Overall I had an excellent stay, I was quite comfortable. In the end I like the sign left on the tables and this is a paraphrase, no one has smoked here since 1840, we appreciate that you are keeping the tradition alive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo