“Great find in Denpasar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nakula Familiar Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denpasar
Nakula Familiar Inn
Ranked #55 of 233 Speciality Lodging in Denpasar
Tainan, Taiwan
“Great find in Denpasar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is a great place to stay when in Denpasar. It's quite a large homestay, but not too big to make it impersonal. The staff are super friendly, the room we had was large and very comfortable with flushing western toilet but only cold water for the shower (but, honestly, it's too hot for a hot shower anyway!). We had a fan room, which cost 150,000 Rp per night. Breakfast isn't included, although they did provide us with a Balinese "cake" every morning on the house, which wasn't so much a cake as a little medley of lots of little sweet delicacies. Delicious! They do offer meals throughout the day, but I thought they were pretty expensive, and we prefer to try local warungs nearby, which there are plenty of, serving fantastic food for next to nothing. There are lots of markets nearby, if you fancy checking out their "malls", they're just a short walk away. It's nearby the bemo terminals if you're heading to the north of Bali to go to Java by ferry.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nonina33

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

stayed there three nights,found this small inn from the rough guide,a budget choice in denpasar,the staff here is helpful and honest,the host Adi is friendly lady,and also her family,every morning when I had my breakfast at the dinette(breakfast is not free,but good,I love their fruit platter),Adi will come to greet me and chatted with me, Adi's grandmother (or mother in law?)will talk to me too.A warm place to stay,if you don't know where to stay,then nakula familiar inn is your best choice,with convenient location,and affordable price.of course during low season,you will get good price,the room is huge,they clean everyday,so don't worry about the cleanliness.but since it located in downtown,you may feel noisy during rush hour,but I rarely stayed in the room during that time,so it's ok for me,or you can just close the window!and the last ,they will close the gate after 23.00,don't worry,just ring the doorbell,and the staff will come

Room Tip: choose the second floor room,much quieter!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Lai S
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed two nights at the nakular familiar inn. I booked it without reading any reviews hoping it would be ok. The inn is off a busy side street in a family compound. It’s friendly and almost feels like a homestay. The room I got was 200,000Rp (~ $22) without air conditioning or 250,000Rp (~ $28) with air conditioning, I was told this was expensive for Denpasar but I was happy with the price and the location of the hotel. It’s not really touristy there, in fact I was asked many times by taxi drivers why I wasn’t staying in Kuta or Sanur. I think if you want to see how a lot of modern Balinese people live it’s a good place to visit though.

Unlike many hotels in Bali the Nakula familiar inn did not come with breakfast but has a small restaurant offering various dishes. There is also good food options around the hotel including a bakery and several local restaurants (especially one I found that served an amazing mie java ayam). The inn is located right near all the local markets, internet cafe Puputan Park and several shopping malls including Bali mall. I was given a map highlighting all these attractions plus nearby restaurants when I arrived.

Overall this hotel is not for people looking for luxury accommodation but rather for people on a budget or backpackers to experience another (and much less touristy) side of Bali.

Room Tip: The air conditioning is worthwhile!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple