“quite okay, but some problems”

Ibis Styles Bali Denpasar
Ranked #46 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Singapore, Singapore
“quite okay, but some problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel has some advantages, such as clean, cheery rooms, room service and relatively fast check-in. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is quite friendly.

Yet there are some problems: I was woken up by the cleaner pounding at my door in the morning at 8:30. Stumbling to the door tired after my flight I was asked whether I had any laundry to be cleaned. This was really irritating and shows that the hotel needs to fine tune its staff training and procedures.

Hanging out the "Do not disturb" sign before going to sleep is a must. Even then noise of the service person pounding your neighbours' doors and shouting will probably wake you up.

The second problem is the breakfast which really should be improved a bit. The food kept running out and it mainly consisted of a few generic Asian choices (fried rice, fried noodles, fried vegetables). The main issue was the coffee though - how can a hotel trying to market itself towards local business customers have such disastrous coffee?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
All_Seasons_Denpasar, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Denpasar, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Marum82,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the All Seasons Bali Denpasar.

Please allow me to personally apologize for the less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay with us, regarding the interruption from our staff when you are sleep and the quality of our coffee at breakfast. Further, I have addressed these shortfalls directly with the Manager concerned, and corrective action will be taken accordingly.

Engkun Kurnia
All Seasons Bali Denpasar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Staying here on March, 1 night stay at superior room with balcony. Cleanliness ok, decoration good, full colours everywhere, amenities in the room inadequate. The location is not good for holiday, build for city bussiness i think. Breakfast not too good, simple breakfast with a little food variation. Room is small, no swimming pool, the superiority is good decoration of this hotel. Restaurant was cozy, clean and nice colour, the price of food relative cheap. Staff very attentive and helpfull. I take a holiday saver package, there is a complimentary voucher for foot massage and afternoon tea, foot massage OK, but I had bad service during a take complimentary afternoon tea, not as my expectation same as I stay in another hotel if i have complimentary afternoon tea with delight petit sour snack, the server only give me a cup of tea and no snack to accompany my afternoon tea. Its very bad service.

Room Tip: book superior room with balcony room is more better.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cahyo_Djovanka
Caerdydd, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hotel is brand new and quite comfy but the staffs are not good. Staffs speak basic english and the cleaners do not speak english at all.
On my second day, the cleaner was knocking on the door at 8.00am (YES IT WAS 8 IN THE MORNING) asking me to leave the room for it to be cleaned. I was still in bed and asked him to come back again, sadly he didn't understand me and kept saying 'make up room, make up room' for 6-7 times. At the end he had to go and get someone to help him translate my request.
On my third day, I was ready early in the morning to get out so this awkward incident wont happen again. Yet when I came back at 1.00 pm in the afternoon, my room still hasn't been cleaned. There were like 4 cleaners on the floor, when I asked why hadn't it been cleaned, all of them couldn't answer me and kept saying 'yes, yes, yes'. I didn't know what were they yes-ing to. At the end I gave up and had to go down to the reception asking for the staffs to clean my room immediately.
What a nightmare!!! Really hope the hotel to hire staffs who can speak and understand english (at least the basics) since the hotel is visited by tourists all around the world. Most of these tourists don't speak INDONESIAN. Luckily this is my last day and don't have to deal with the staffs/cleaners anymore.
If this is your first time in Bali, it's not a good idea to stay in this hotel (Denpasar) as it is really quite at night and full with locals. I would highly recommend to stay in Kuta area. More things to do for tourists there.
I made a mistake, lets hope no else make the same as mine. One more thing, taxi drivers around this area are not good as well. You have to act strict otherwise they will bully you ie. no small change, drive really slow and taking a long way.
Good luck

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Ahmad K,

Please allow me to personally apologize for the less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay here concerning the English levels of some of our staff. As English is a second language for all of our staff members, we do strive to ensure that all Guest contact staff are sufficiently versed in English to communicate with and understand our Guest’s needs. This is done through English Language tests during the interview process, and through continuous English Language classes for all levels, conducted in the Hotel by qualified Teachers. I apologize if this was not your experience.

Engkun Kurnia
All Seasons Bali Denpasar

Travellers are raving about these Denpasar hotels

Bandung
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Located in the very strategic area in denpasar. This hotel is suitable for business.
The hotel is very new, just opened 6 months ago.
Room was small but very cozy, clean and nice. Bathroom also clean. There's also fridge in room without minibar. Also had a kettle and free coffe or tea in room. The price as a member accor advantage plus very fantastic, very cheap.
In the main road, very easy to find some restaurant, bakery, or food court. Starbucks is behind the hotel, just walking 3 minutes.
If this hotel have a swimming pool, will be perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RyanD404
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is a splendid hotel that has just opened for 3 months or so. It is a business hotel, so the location serves its purposes, with large convention and meeting rooms. A taxi ride anywhere, including to the airport and Kuta, is normally an hour in grueling traffic and the hot sun. Expect more twists and turns in the Denpasar area with its small shops and local living areas.

There is Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and Circle K within vicinity of hotel but this is hardly a touristy area. Good open-air restaurants surround too, and again, these are frequented by local guests.

I paid a very good rate for the hotel, which includes breakfast, and right from the lobby to the room, All Seasons Denpasar is beautiful in its colour co-ordination and interior architecture. Of course at that price, I wasn't expecting luxury amenities in the rooms, but was impressed with touches like the floral motifs which light up in purple and green, framed by a modern wooden bed-head. The bathroom was equally appealing. Overall, a well-designed and cosy room that doesn't bore you. Clean too.

Breakfast was ordinary, but again, given the price, I wasn't complaining. I guess it all boils down to choice. If I'd chosen a more expensive hotel, naturally my expectations would be different. They had decent hot food, fruit and bread, but there is not much selection. No egg station, but you can inform the staff and they will cook one for you, in the usual preference of omelet with cheese, not very noticeable bacon, etc.

The general areas of the hotel are nicely carpeted leading to the meeting rooms and rooms. It is welcoming in the lobby, if you meet guests or business associates there for a drink.

Everything was great this trip, but it all remains to be seen if I'll be back here. The price is really good, but its location is not ideal. For business, I'd normally stay 1 or 2 days anyway, so that makes travelling in traffic even more grueling to and fro in like 2 days. And if I do visit for more than 3 days, I don't mind paying more for a pool, which is absent here.

So I will decide later.