“excellent aaa+ accomadation and service. Perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Swimming pool
Swimming pool
Top view
Beach
One of two Family Beachfront Studios (accommodation for up to six guests in each of these rooms)
Sunset at Villa Puri Purnama
Bathroom for Poolside Twin Bed Room
Poolside Twin Bed Room
Poolside Twin Bed Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MartaVM
Bangkok
“Bali at its worse”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

Bali is a magic island and we have been there many many times and have experienced some of the best hotels in the world while there. For this trip, since we were going to go with our very small children (then 4 month old and 22 month old) we thought that it would be best to rent a villa to have a more private and relaxed experience and try to get some baby sitting while there.

I use trip advisor religiously so looked extensively in Sanur for a villa that would be child friendly, and close to the beach and at the same time could provide some help with the kids. The ones that I was interested were all fully booked. Then I found Villa Puri Purnama and I thought that I have found The place. I was slightly concerned by the 17 min distance to Sanur, but thought that a 20 min ride would be ok if all the rest worked.

I approached the owner. She confirmed availability for a whole week that we were planning to stay and was super responsive to any question we asked about the villa reassuring us that it was a very child friendly place and very good value for money. She asked to be paid 100% in advance. We did. I never saw a contract (even though trip advisor strongly encourages to revise it) but thought it was probably nothing to worry about (I had never rented a villa before and will only do it from now on if i personally know someone that has stayed there. I can't believe i trusted all the great reviews that this place had).

Well, everything ended up being quite horrifying and nothing worked (at all):
- To start with the place is in the middle of nowhere and good 35-40 min drive from Sanur. Not 17.
- The house is DIRTY.
- The cottage bungalows are big time sub standard, and have nothing to do with the villa that is being advertised. It is built from very cheap materials to the extent that the beams in the ceiling are not even regular nor parallel!.
- The place it’s not child friendly, it’s actually quite dangerous. Lots of ponds, little stairs, etc. and impossible to use a stroller to go from A to B.
- The hot water in the bungalows does not work properly (while this may not be a problem for adults in a tropical country, it is a problem with babies)
- The food is terrible. They use super cheap ingredients from wholesale supermarkets. They give you huge quantities though.
- The house has dogs wondering around – including during meal times
- Etc.

Want more?

After the second night that we spent there, we approached the owner to tell her about some of our concerns such as that the food had not been good, that we would like to eat without dogs being around us and that the hot water in the bathroom was not working. She took our complaints really badly and started provoking us to the extent that within minutes we were having a huge argument and gave us 30 minutes to leave her place.
We had paid 100% in advance of 8 days stay and had spent only 2.

We found ourselves on a Saturday morning with 2 babies, a friend that had come from Jakarta to see us, her daughter and a reasonable amount of luggage, in the middle of nowhere, with no transport and no place to stay.

Thanks to our friend that speaks fluent Bahasa we were out of there in no time, and ended up in REAL Sanur and had a wonderful week!

What is beyond me is how someone in this business can ask you to pay 100% of the stay, throw you out within 2 days and keep all the money with her. We are all humans and we have different standards, experiences, and the right to disagree, no problem. She may not have liked our complaints, fine, but if you are minimally honest you return what it is not yours !!! (i.e. the 6 days we paid for and she kept to herself).

Not happy with throwing us out and keeping the 6 days rent, the next day she send me a VERY disturbing email insulting our whole family…

I would not recommend this place to ANYONE. It was an awful experience.

Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Being insulted and being cheated
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Nov 2012
This guest stayed at our villa more than 7 months ago and has already written a "review". I find it apalling that one guest can write as many reviews as they wish. These guests came to our villa and then returned for a second stay. I have already responded to their previous review, in total. The behaviour of these guests was appalling and I reported the physically threatening behaviour and foul, abusive language to the village security. Our villa is clean and well-managed. I am extremely upset that people like these can write whatever they want, whenever they want. What is the reason for repeating a bad review, some many months later unless of course they wish to try to discredit all the great reviews we have had from many, many guests who love our villa. I am sorry that these people do not have more to do than continually harass us and indeed lie. I have no more to say about this matter.
keybang71
Albury, Australia
“excellent aaa+ accomadation and service. Perfect quiet beach, the best way to relax or experiance local bali culture”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Hi,
I stayed at the Villa Puri Purnama for the total of a week with two other friends, and i couldn't speak more highly of the super friendly staff and excellent facilities. One of the highlights was the food prepared and served by a local chef in Puri Purnama modern kicten. The food was of an exceptional stardard, with a wide of variety of local dishes, as well as western varieties. The local beers tasted real good too.
Located away from the hussel of big city resorts, the Puri Purnama provides a very soothing relaxed atmosphere, while still harnessing the local culture and natural beauty that bali offers.
The Puri Purnama is only a 10-15min drive from Sanur, which provides the oppertunity to go shopping, eat out, or soak up the night life and get wild. Its also a 10min drive away from Giunya which exposes the local culture and the bargin filled night markets.
However when we wern't exploreing the country side surfing, we mainly lounged around in the spa, or the beach getting to know fellow travelers and locals enjoying the surroundings.
The Villa Puri Purnama, 5 0ut of 5 bali coconuts.
Thanks Paula and the Puri Purnama team.
cheers'
Patty.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The puri crew, the food, the ocean
Liked least: going back to australia, dealing with reality!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Nov 2012
It was really lovely have all three of you to stay with us. What a complete pleasure it was and we are so very happy that you all managed to enjoy everything that our Villa (feeling very much at home and enjoying the beautiful views, the great pool and lovely garden) and this beautiful part of Bali has to offer. I noted that you loved Putu's Mie Goreng that you had it almost every day for lunch!! Please do come and visit us again very soon. I will pass on your compliments to our wonderful staff. Best wishes and thank you to all of you from all of us here at Villa Puri Purnama. Paula
Hayden L
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing & simply breathtaking”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

From the moment I first arrived there I instantly fell in love with the warm & friendly vibe of this beautiful villa. The friendliness of the local staff & the warmth of the owners really made you feel at home. The villa it self is stunning to say the least. Nice big open windows that look out to an amazing crystal clear pool that also has you gazing out to the vast ocean & hills that surround this area. The studio rooms are very spacious & have all the modern cons that will make your stay very comfortable. Also the up stairs open room has the most amazing views as well as offering a comforting rest & relaxation during the heat of the day or for anytime u just wanna chillax as I call it. Overall I give this villa 2 thumbs up. It is my highest recommendation that you do try the food here it's amazing with your very own chef why not! Thanks to the staff & owners Paula & Isa will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Nov 2012
Thank you for your review. We believe it is important that from the first moment you arrive at our villa you feel comfortable, relaxed and "at home". Our Villa is a home and we encourage our guests to feel that it is their "home away from home" when they stay with us. We do have lovely, friendly, helpful and kind staff and thank you for acknowledging that. Isa and I enjoy sharing our beautiful home with our guests because we meet such wonderful people this way. Please come and stay with us again very soon. Warmest regards, Paula, Isa and all the staff at Villa Puri Purnama
Letourbil...
“The place to stay in Bali!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

The villa puri purnama is a quiet place by the sea (black sand beach). The swimming pool is amazing. The rooms are comfortable,clean and furnished in a very nice style. The sound of the sea is the only thing you hear there. Pure relax.
The service is excellent,the food as well, everything genuine and homemade. We had the greatest massage of our trip there.
We had a great time in Puri Purnama and really hope to go back !

Value Location
12 Nov 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really do our best to make sure our guests are well-looked after and are happy. I will pass on your comments to all the staff here who really enjoy looking after our guests. We really appreciate your taking the time to give us this feedback. We are all hoping you come and visit us again soon. Our warmest regards, Paula, Isa and all the staff at Villa Puri Purnama.
Nadia A
Singapore, Singapore
“A beautiful villa”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

I stayed in this beautiful villa with 3 other friends from 23-24 September and had a wonderful time. The beach-front villa is well maintained and beautifully decorated. We woke up every morning to see the sun rise and walk about the beach which has fine black sand. Being Malay (I'm from Singapore), I could communicate with the staff in Bahasa Indonesia but my Indian friends were able to communicate with them in basic English. Despite the Villa being rather open, I felt safe as there is security at hand and the rooms could be locked.

I woud advise anyone staying to make arrangements for transport with the owner prior to coming if you are planning to eat out for dinner. We called a cab but it took rather long for it to come as there was a jam. Otherwise, you can arrange for dinner in the villa itself. The cook, Purtu, is excellent.

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
2 Oct 2012
It was a complete pleasure having you and your friends to stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and that you felt comfortable, safe and well-looked-after in our villa. Yes, the sunrises here are magnificent! Being in Singapore you are very close to Bali and we do expect to see you all here again and we will definitely make sure that we get the cabs ordered earlier so you do not have to wait! Our warmest regards to all of you. Paula, Villa Puri Purnama
835Kate
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great spot, friendly owners”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

We had a lovely one night stay at Villa Puri Purnama. Paula was really friendly and accommodating during the booking process and during the stay. It was nice to get away from the tourist beaches of Bali and enjoy somewhere quiet. We enjoyed a lovely walk along the beach collecting shells with the kids. I only wished we had longer to enjoy at Puri Purnama, hopefully next time we will!!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
24 Oct 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. Yes your stay was brief but we really enjoyed having you both here and look forward to seeing you again soon for a longer stay. Once again, thank you! Paula and all the staff at Villa Puri Purnama
Spshlk
Melbourne
“Paradise”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Loved this place, stayed 3 nights and would love to return. Paula made my friends and I feel extremely welcomed and I felt very at home. The food that Putu served was delicious and Dewa (the driver) put up with a lot of driving as we all had different departure times. The scenery was amazing and we had the studio room facing the ocean and it was so peaceful sleeping at night listening to the waves. And the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Planning to return sometime in Dec/Jan. Fingers-crossed.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The hospitality and the beautiful scenery
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
16 Oct 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. It was a complete pleasure having you all to stay and we look forward to seeing you early in the new year. When you and your friends arrived all of us here at Villa Puri Purnama like all of you immediately. A truly lovely group of guests. See you all soon! Best wishes from us all here........Paula, Isa and "the crew".
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing