All reviews private pool bedroom villa monkeys playing in the trees monkeys visiting three bedroom some tlc located mins main pool free massage including breakfast visiting ubud amazing place beautiful place to stay a free shuttle bus overlooking the river our night stay bali trip
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Anahata was great, the pool was beautiful and the surrounding jungle was gorgeous. The rooms are quite old but huge and clean. The resort is quite far from Ubud but they provide a shuttle 3 times a day- if you want to leave or return at another time it will cost you (not too expensive), but there is really not much around the resort to do so you might end up being in Ubud most of the time! I recommend it for a peaceful, solitary get-away.

Room tip: regular rooms are huge
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed October 8, 2016

We stayed four nights at the Anahata and really enjoyed this hotel. However, there are some useful things that visitors should know about before booking:

1. Many insects: These villas are literally in the middle of the jungle. While the villas themselves are clean, spacious and beautiful, bugs are entirely inevitable. If anyone has a strong aversion or fear of insects, this would not be a great choice. The noise of the insects in the jungle is quite loud. Even though the staff does their best to ensure that the insects stay out of the villa, it is not in their hands. There were ants, spiders and mosquitoes throughout our villa. There were also several geckos inside the villa (we didn't mind them at all), but their droppings could be found everywhere too. At breakfast in the lobby, ants crawl all over your chair and table, and they are completely unavoidable.
2. Low Accessibility: You have to take a lot of stairs to get to the villas and other parts of the hotel. There is no elevator access and people in wheelchairs, the elderly and other people with mobility issues would not be able to access the villas. I would recommend e-mailing this hotel if you are thinking of booking a villa but you are concerned about accessibility.
3. Limited transport to downtown Ubud: We learned that there are no metered taxis in Ubud and independent drivers charge approximately 200,000 IDR one way from downton UBUD to Anahata. If you are counting on being able to get to downtown Ubud easily from here, it's not as flexible as it may seem. The Anahata does provide a free shuttle service 4 times a day. The first shuttle leaves at 10 am and the last shuttle pick up is at 5:30pm. We were okay with these times, but it would be a challenge getting around if you wanted to go out past 5:30pm. Of course you could rent a scooter (driving in Bali is stressful though!), or be prepared to hire private drivers, but it's important to be aware that transport to the main part of Ubud might be challenging.
4. No to limited Wifi: Wifi was not accessible from any of the villas, and only sometimes worked in the lobby. Depending on where your villa is, the trek to the lobby to get on wifi can be a little far, especially when it rains. The staff told us that wifi connection in the lobby is also very bad when it rains. I was able to connect to wifi on my iphone in the lobby with a poor connection, but my husband could not connect at all on his android phone. If you will urgently need wifi during your stay, you should not stay here.

Overall experience:

We really enjoyed the Anahata, It seems like a very special and exclusive location and the staff is terrific. All the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful and we felt very comfortable there. The view of the jungle is tremendous and the villas are clean. The villas have their own private pools, but the resort has a common pool as well. There are many stairways, and they take you down to the river. The food was okay, but not great, so we would pick up food from downtown Ubud and bring it up with us. There are no other food or market places nearby the hotel, so visitors should stock up on anything they need before coming to the hotel. I personally couldn't sleep well because of all the bugs I saw in our villa, and because I'd wake up with numerous mosquito bites, but otherwise, the beds are comfortable and there is no outside noise.

Again, prospective visitors to the hotel should keep the points I made above in mind, but if none of those things bother you, then this is a great, quiet and friendly place to stay!

Room tip: Stock up on anything you may need before staying at the Anahata because there are no stores around for miles!
2  Thank Anabeetee
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

Love the 3 bedroom villa, the space and the view. It's amazingly quiet and very good for retreat.

However, wifi is no good! Unstable and not available in rooms. Tiles in main pool were crack and resulted me cutting my toes!

But food is perfect in this place, just make sure your able to wait!!! Friendly staff in the resort! And it would be great if the bed and pillows can be upgraded..

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Amazing place with gorgeous view to the jungle. Everything is so clean in villa and in good condition, drinks are for free (tea, coffee, water). This resort territory is huge, there are common big swimming pool, jacuzzi, yoga and meditation place, spa and downstairs fantastic mountain river. Breakfasts were good, there were choices of Indonesian food and european cuisine. We got 15 min massage for free, but later I took a spa package named Love indulgence and it was awesome. We are so lucky, because of the system problem we got three floors-bedrooms villa with private pool instead of one floor-bedroom villa and pool. We were so tired to walk up and down these three floors we received. This is great honeymoon!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Had high expectations when booking this place, but sadly we were not overwhelmed.
We stayed the nights of 13th and 14th of September. A birthday treat.
The spot is fabulous, amazing views, great private pools with peaceful jungle views. but too many dislikes from us. You need to keep in mind this place is built on a hill, so a lot of lot of stairs, not for the old or unfit.
We booked a private pool villa.Overall lovely villa, but Wouldn't you expect to have pool towels in your villa, NO you had to climb all the way down to the main pool to get towels then climb all the way back. Also the outdoor Jacuzzi was only half full.
In our room there where a few signs of wear and tear which need attending too, the shower didn't drain properly and we were standing in ankle deep water. Take your own toiletries, I was not impressed.
When we arrived we had half a roll of toilet paper, I resorted to tissues in the night, but I thought they would replenish the toilet paper the next day during the service, but no when we got back from town I had to call reception and request some. The bath towels in the villa were very grey and didn't look washed to me.
Breakfast was disappointing, everything looked cold and unappetising, an egg station which was so under the pump my omelette was still gooey on the second morning. Also the juice was either cordial or watered down.
And a 2 slice toaster with a broken handle is not enough for roughly what seemed like a breakfast siting for about 40 people.
This is a nice spot but improvements need to be made to justify the cost.
Also you will need taxis to get in and out of Ubud at night.