All reviews bedroom villa private pool shuttle service free shuttle jimbaran bay jimbaran area well equipped gym our honeymoon balinese massage amazing villa main pool first trip to bali seafood rock bar gk douglas nuri
Reviewed January 2, 2018

We are currently staying at the Gending Kedis in 2 Bedroom Villa, Villa no 10 to be exact. Even though the hotel was once beautiful, it is in major disrepair now. We checked in and found on the first night that the airconditioning wasn't working in the 2nd bedroom, later we found that the toilet in the first bedroom had stopped to function. We coordinated with the service staff who were quite prompt in repairing them.

Yesterday though, we had a major incident, next to the private pool, on the wooden boards which are quite old and worn. My dad was walking on them and then suddenly one of the boards broke and my dad's leg got stuck inside. I had to rush out to help his leg out and he got scratches and a sprain on his leg.

I wanted to personally file a complaint to the General Manager and I asked then to talk to him, a Mr. Douglas Wallace who took a couple of reminders and over 24 hours to return my call. When he did come to meet us, he had a condescending attitude, he said that such things happen in villas all the time, and that maintenance is not easy and that this is the best they can do. His service attitude was so exemplary that he walked out on us while we were talking to him.

I highly recommend all future guests to avoid this hotel as the state of disrepair can result in serious injuries for you and your family. For the same amount of money, you can get a lot better villa and a much better attitude.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank UditM48
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We should like to record our response to your review.

These are the facts:

1. After receiving a report that the air-conditioning was not running at maximum efficiency our engineering staff responded promptly and fixed the unit.

2. The toilet in your villa was sorted immediately.

3. The injury to your father's foot was unfortunate but was minor in nature. Our senior staff responded immediately to your report and rendered first aid.

4. I met with you myself on the following day. We offered to take your father to either of the two international standard hospitals in Bali with our guarantee that our hotel would cover any and all costs associated with treatment for your father's injury. You turned down our offer, stating that hospital treatment was not necessary.

5. We offered you an upgrade to our 3-bedroom villa nearby, with no extra costs to yourself. You turned down our offer.

We should like to repudiate your criticism that our resort is in disrepair; the fact is that we spend considerable effort and money on upkeep and maintenance. Small defects are a fact of life in all properties.

Of more importance, your accusation that we are not serious about the safety of our guests is very far from the truth. With a career of over 40 years in the hospitality business I personally regard the safety and security of our guests and staff as our highest priority.

Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2017

It was the best start I have ever had of a holiday and I have been traveling for 25 years. The service is outstanding; staff are very friendly, helpful and competent. The villa surpassed my expectations. I wanted to relax and enjoy - and I did. The spa package I experienced on the second day was done in a very professional and unique way. I will definitely come back and I would like to recommend the Estate to other travelers.

Room tip: Super service, great location and amazing staff
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kirstinglass
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

What a pleasure to read your review, the best start to a holiday in 25 Years!

Thank you for all your positive notes following your stay with us at Gending Kedis, we are particularly pleased that you were satisfied with our service and that you will return some day in the future.

On behalf of all our staff, thank you again and we assure you of a very warm welcome back to The Island of the Gods, and to Gending Kedis!

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the resort with my friends and absolutely loved it. I had never visited Bali before and the hotel reflected the true beauties of Bali! The food was delicious and fresh, and service was helpful and kind at all times. I would definitely recommend this destination to anyone who appreciates beautiful rooms and commodities!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Iines P
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

A sincere thank you for your review and your gracious comments following your vacation at Gending Kedis.

We are especially happy to read that this, your first visit to Bali, was enjoyable and memorable for you and your friends.

It was kind of you to mention your satisfaction with our guest service as well as the quality of the food.

Thank you also for recommending our resort, which is always most appreciated.

In the meantime, from me and all our staff, best wishes for a happy festive season and good fortune in 2018, and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We had an amazing second visit to Gending Kedis recently.
The staff are amazing and our 4 bedroom villa was fantastic. We loved the private pool. The housekeeping staff were great as were the room service delivery staff. The drivers couldn’t have helped more and took us where we needed to go. Reception staff were great and were so helpful when our flight was cancelled and we had to stay an extra night.
The restaurant and room service prices are very reasonable.
Thank you so much Douglas and all the staff. We hope to come back again.
Tracy and Jamie Stevens (and family)

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy S
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

It was a great pleasure having you and your family back with us at Gending Kedis. All our staff were happy to welcome you back.

Thank you very much for your review and your very kind appreciation of all our staff's efforts to give you a memorable second visit.

We appreciate your taking time to write in such a positive manner, and we look forward to the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome once again in the future.

Best wishes from the Island of the Gods, from me and our team..

Reviewed November 4, 2017

This hotel is in a serious, serious need of renovation. It was built in 2007 and judging by our villa, has not been touched since. Luckily we only stayed here for one night, purely to be close to the airport before our flight home. We couldn't, and wouldn't, have stayed any longer.

The staff on arrival were nice, although I found it odd that they wanted to see our reservation on hotels.com on my phone, and take a photo of the screen.
The villa was down an 80 step, outdoor staircase. Which was fine for us, but probably worth mentioning to people before they book.
The villa was dated, lots of dark wood.
The a/c had not been turned on before we arrived, so the place was very hot and smelled very damp. Because the villa has an indoor part which is connected to an outdoor section, it seems that the humidity of outside has affected the inside parts and caused them to get mouldy and damp.
There were ants everywhere and the bar in the living room was not cleaned.
The a/c in the bedroom wasn't on when we arrived either and this really smelled of damp.
We had to have the very old, loud a/c unit running all night as there is a 1 inch gap under the bedroom doors to the outside, so the room isn't well insulated.
The toilet was broken, making a loud noise for about 30mins after flushing, the water that came out of the taps was slightly brown.
We were told that we had to have dinner and breakfast in our villa, due to a wedding. Ordinarily this wouldn't be too much of an issue; however, aside from the bugs I've already mentioned, the villa seemed generally unclean which made it an unpleasant eating environment. Add to that, we took our order for breakfast to reception, as requested, and were told to take it to the restaurant ourselves. Which seemed a bit of a cheek. Needless to say, we didn't stay for dinner.

There are so many places to stay in Bali and our previous accommodation showed how brilliant the hotels and villas here can be, as well as the Balinese people. Unfortunately, Gending Kedis does not exemplify the best of Bali, and I would strongly advise against staying here. It is absolutely not good value for the money you have to pay.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonLad2013
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We regret any inconvenience to you owing to our hosting a large wedding at Gending Kedis, when we did indeed serve breakfasts and dinners to our non-wedding guests in their villas. Our staff explained this situation to you on your arrival and made every effort to make your stay comfortable.

We reject your criticism that our villas are poorly maintained; we put a great deal of effort into regular maintenance and upkeep to maintain standards.

Your review is highly subjective, reflecting your personal opinion: dark wood furniture may not appeal to your particular taste. It may be that large scale brand new hotels with bedrooms well insulated from the exterior environment would be a better choice for you.

Regards,