Belmond Jimbaran Puri(Jimbaran)
US$429
US$374
US$187
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$110
  • Breakfast included
US$311
US$260
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$430/night.

Abi Bali Resort & Villa(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$49
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$252
US$234
Agoda.com
The Open House(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$948
Hotels.com
US$497
  • Pool
All reviewsmaster chefuncrowded wavesgreat wavesplaying poolcooking showwont regretother guestsgreat hostsper daynickdeeindoketutintermediatewgwakegurus
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I came to Bali looking to improve my surfing. I was originally intending on staying at Nick's for only a week but ended up staying two months! Basically, I figured there was no where else where I would get as many guaranteed waves in a day. Him and his local guide Katut (a true soul surfer and all around great guy) know exactly where to put you on a given day. Apart from the great guided surf trips, the food is spectacular and filling. The atmosphere here is chill and relaxed. Don't come here expecting frills, but if you want waves, and lots of them then this is the place. Honestly, I almost hesitated to recommend this place because I don't ever want it to be full when I decide to come back.

Room Tip: Come in shape if you can. Two to three surfs a day in quality waves will wear you down.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank NateMD
Reviewed January 27, 2017

(note, this is based off a sample size of 2 different weeks in October and February, but I look forward continued scientific research in the matter)

I took a work assignment in China and took advantage of their Autumn Festival and Spring festival holidays to jump out to Bali for a surf. I found myself at Wave Guru Bali through an internet search, I had been to Indonesia before when I booked a boat in the Mentawais but I had never been to Bali.

I arrived late at night to a warm but sleepy welcome, unpacked and crashed out. I'm a bit of a nancy so I booked a room with AC which was definitely a good choice as it is hot as heck in Indonesia. My room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and importantly cool.

After a short sleep I was awakened at a God awful time in morning (I'm not a morning person) for 1st breakfast (yup, you get 2, more on that later). I got to meet the other crew in the camp (again I'm not a morning person, I'm not grumpy, just quite in the morning), eat some food, then we packed up and headed off for a surf. Since I came from China I didn't have any boards but after a quick chat with Nick about my style/experience he picked a board out for me (which I loved).

We showed up to the beach as the sun was just rising to see solid 6ft+ clean surf at Serangan! I usually like to warm up to bigger waves but Bali is a pretty unique place were its usually pretty easy to get out and you can shoulder hop until you feel comfortable taking off at the peak. I spent the next 3.5 hours surfing my brains out with a perma-grin pasted to my face!

On the way back we called in our 2nd breakfast requests (they called it Hobbits breakfast, classic!). Arriving back at the place I shoveled an omelette down my throat and then passed out for 2 hours until I was awakened by another knock for lunch. This was my first experience eating Dee's cooking and it was a treat. She competed on the Indonesian version of some cooking show (like Chopped?), the food was phenomenal, I still remember that first meal (curry chicken and rice).

Now off to session #2, new place, perfect waves again but this time is was time to practice my backhand (lefts as I am regular). After another 3 hour surf I was exhausted and ready to head home for another delicious round of grub. At this point I had woken up and started to chat with some of the other guests, after dinner and a few rounds of beers and pool, off to bed.

Basically, repeat the above for 11 days and that summed up my trip (early morning, 1st breakfast, perfect surf, 2nd breakfast, nap, lunch, perfect surf, dinner, socialize, bed). Sometimes I would trade out the nap for a 2 hour massage down the street for about $15, well worth it.

On both trips I came solo and left with friends from all over the world (USA, Australia, England, Indonesia, Germany, France, etc.). Nick and Dee make you feel like you're one of the family and Dee's cooking is seriously top notch. I would recommend Wave Guru Bali for anyone interested in an intensely good surf vacation.

Room Tip: If you're not used to heat, make sure you get a room with AC.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

This was my 2nd time staying at wave guru and i can't say enough good things about staying with Nick and Dee. Best people, best waves. They truly make you feel like family. If you love to surf then this is your paradise. Great vibes. I plan on going back at least once a year :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

- 2 or 3 surfing sessions available every day
- at each surf we go and check out a selection of beaches which are most suitable to your small group ability according to surf forecast
- they know every inch of every beach and current etc... awesome guidance / support / advice / pushing into the wave if needed
- amazing food tasty and plentiful
- everyone is super friendly and helpful
- a few people living there or on their like 10th surfcamp! This is how good it is!
- always people ready to help give you a lift / lend you a scooter..

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

I've had the pleasure of using waveguru for surf guiding whilst in Bali the last 2 times I've been and would never imagine to use anyone else. Dee and her friendly cooks make the most amazing food to fuel you post surfs. I still dream about the noodles. Mmm.
The surf spots nick and his team take you are always epic and uncrowded, meaning you get lots of waves and surfed out.
The house is amazing and everyone so welcoming.
I'm currently organising my third trip now and totally frothing to get back over there.
Cannot speak more highly of this place.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends