Wave Guru Bali Surf Camp
US$328
US$726
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$211
US$249
US$311
  • Pool
Belmond Jimbaran Puri(Jimbaran)
US$300
US$176
Jamahal Private Resort & Spa(Jimbaran)
US$260
The Open House(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$104
All reviewsuncrowded wavesgreat wavesplaying poolcooking showwont regretother guestsgreat hostsper daynickdeeketutwgwakegurusscoringbaliac
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Couldn't recommend this place enough! Big beautiful home in the center of Bali - the perfect location to check out as many surf spots as possible. Nick is an absolute lad - just don't turn off his music when he's playing pool ;) Ketut gives the BEST massages after a long days surf, and Henti and Leah will welcome you with the most incredible home cooked dishes you will ever have in your life. (this is coming from an Italian by the way) If you want a local experience in Bali and surf where the locals surf ...GO WAVE GURU :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Natalie T
Reviewed April 17, 2017

If you are looking to come to Bali to surf, waveguru is the place to go! Awesome set up, awesome food, awesome local knowledge...Nick, Dee and Ketut will have you scoring it good at spots all over the island. I have never stayed here and not scored it good...there's always a wave somewhere in Bali and these guys WILL find it for you! The local knowledge is where the real magic is here...these guys know the island, know the conditions, know how to surf, the locals, the wind, what boards to use in what conditions and can give you heaps of advice about Bali in general. If you want to come to Bali and surf, don't be a chump and try and figure it out for yourself...get your wave count up with waveguru and leave STOKED.

Now a word of advice....READ the waveguru website and be honest with yourself....what is your level of surfing ability and fitness? Waveguru is aimed at intermediate surfers who can surf and want to surf twice a day to work on and improve their surfing. If you are a complete beginner this isn't the place for you. If you are in poor physical shape this isn't the place for you (surfing up to 6 hours a day is demanding). If you are looking for 5 star luxury this isn't the place for you (and if that's what you want, go stay in a 5 star hotel). Be honest with yourself and what you want from your surfing holiday in Bali. If you are serious about coming to catch as many waves as possible with awesome food provided and a sick crew to do it with THIS is the place!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank johnny585
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I came to Bali looking to improve my surfing. I was originally intending on staying at Nick's for only a week but ended up staying two months! Basically, I figured there was no where else where I would get as many guaranteed waves in a day. Him and his local guide Katut (a true soul surfer and all around great guy) know exactly where to put you on a given day. Apart from the great guided surf trips, the food is spectacular and filling. The atmosphere here is chill and relaxed. Don't come here expecting frills, but if you want waves, and lots of them then this is the place. Honestly, I almost hesitated to recommend this place because I don't ever want it to be full when I decide to come back.

Room Tip: Come in shape if you can. Two to three surfs a day in quality waves will wear you down.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank NateMD
Reviewed January 27, 2017

(note, this is based off a sample size of 2 different weeks in October and February, but I look forward continued scientific research in the matter)

I took a work assignment in China and took advantage of their Autumn Festival and Spring festival holidays to jump out to Bali for a surf. I found myself at Wave Guru Bali through an internet search, I had been to Indonesia before when I booked a boat in the Mentawais but I had never been to Bali.

I arrived late at night to a warm but sleepy welcome, unpacked and crashed out. I'm a bit of a nancy so I booked a room with AC which was definitely a good choice as it is hot as heck in Indonesia. My room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and importantly cool.

After a short sleep I was awakened at a God awful time in morning (I'm not a morning person) for 1st breakfast (yup, you get 2, more on that later). I got to meet the other crew in the camp (again I'm not a morning person, I'm not grumpy, just quite in the morning), eat some food, then we packed up and headed off for a surf. Since I came from China I didn't have any boards but after a quick chat with Nick about my style/experience he picked a board out for me (which I loved).

We showed up to the beach as the sun was just rising to see solid 6ft+ clean surf at Serangan! I usually like to warm up to bigger waves but Bali is a pretty unique place were its usually pretty easy to get out and you can shoulder hop until you feel comfortable taking off at the peak. I spent the next 3.5 hours surfing my brains out with a perma-grin pasted to my face!

On the way back we called in our 2nd breakfast requests (they called it Hobbits breakfast, classic!). Arriving back at the place I shoveled an omelette down my throat and then passed out for 2 hours until I was awakened by another knock for lunch. This was my first experience eating Dee's cooking and it was a treat. She competed on the Indonesian version of some cooking show (like Chopped?), the food was phenomenal, I still remember that first meal (curry chicken and rice).

Now off to session #2, new place, perfect waves again but this time is was time to practice my backhand (lefts as I am regular). After another 3 hour surf I was exhausted and ready to head home for another delicious round of grub. At this point I had woken up and started to chat with some of the other guests, after dinner and a few rounds of beers and pool, off to bed.

Basically, repeat the above for 11 days and that summed up my trip (early morning, 1st breakfast, perfect surf, 2nd breakfast, nap, lunch, perfect surf, dinner, socialize, bed). Sometimes I would trade out the nap for a 2 hour massage down the street for about $15, well worth it.

On both trips I came solo and left with friends from all over the world (USA, Australia, England, Indonesia, Germany, France, etc.). Nick and Dee make you feel like you're one of the family and Dee's cooking is seriously top notch. I would recommend Wave Guru Bali for anyone interested in an intensely good surf vacation.

Room Tip: If you're not used to heat, make sure you get a room with AC.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

This was my 2nd time staying at wave guru and i can't say enough good things about staying with Nick and Dee. Best people, best waves. They truly make you feel like family. If you love to surf then this is your paradise. Great vibes. I plan on going back at least once a year :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo