4,432 results
All reviewsclub poolsunset barsingaraja roomjimbaran gardensbella cucinaplanet trekkersclub duplexambassador memberclub managerinspiration spacebukit suiteclub membersevening cocktailsclub levelclub accessduplex roomkids club
Reviewed September 22, 2017

The Room:
We stayed on September 18-19, 2017 in newly renovated Singaraja Room. The room was fresh but still have traditional Balinese ambiance, which is good. My room was on 2216. Although Its located quite faraway from the Lobby, its worth to walk a thousand miles to the room. The room was big and have a great layout. The choose of color palette was impeccable. I personally in love with the adjustable TV cabinet (LOVE LOVE LOVE). When we entered the room, the TV was showing a warm personalized message.

The Ground:
Event this is a classic (read: old) luxurious hotel, the ground was kept in the pristine condition. Almost faultless, i must say.

The Pool:
There were various pools. The main pool was big and have a great depth so adult can enjoy swimming. The Balinese Pool was unique and have a true Balinese spirit with the waterfall and showers.

The Beach:
The beach was clean and have strong (but not dangerous) waves. And the perks of located in Jimabaran means the sunset view is second to none.

The Sunbed:
There is more than enough sunbed for all hotel guest in various location.

The Staff/People:
The staff was tentative and kind. We truly feels like home. The treated you as good as the possibly can. The greets you like long lost family returned home.

The IHG Member:
Even i only sign up the IHG Member only for 1 month before my arrival, they check-in staff was recognized that i'm part of the member and gave me flower garland to me and my spouse. And also she told me that i entitled a 20% discount for spa treatment. I mentioned that i will be celebrating our honeymoon when i make a reservation, the staff surprised me with the complimentary white wine.

Room Tip: The newly upgraded Singaraja Room was worth to try.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Antonio D
Michael_Koth_ICBali, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear Antonio,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay and experience our new renovated room during your recent visit to this island. This room indeed has been fully restored to maintain the elegant craftsmanship, ambiance and identity of Bali.

We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests and I truly hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay. We are also thank you for loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back at the resort soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Although we have now stayed up and down the island we continue to be drawn back to Jimbaran Bay and the gorgeous & grand Intercontinental Hotel. This 417 room, five star grand old lady is simply stunning and perfect for mature age couples or families looking for either a romantic escape or a place to do absolutely nothing but relax and unwind. We were here compliments of family generosity and a 50th birthday party and hope to return again.

Stayed: June 2017
Michael_Koth_ICBali, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Dear Grant,

Thank you for your trust to our hospitality, and for your return to our resort.
We are pleased to hear you once again we could made your stay an enjoyable one and that you feel you received great service.

It is a true pleasure to read through your note as I can sense that you have experienced our service from the heart that aims at having our guests return to the Intercontinental Bali, I am glad that we have achieve this in this occasion.

We pride ourselves on creating pleasant memories. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the resort.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We have just come home from a 7 night stay at the hotel after purchasing a deal through Scoopon that sounded great with lots of extras. The holiday started off on the wrong foot when we arrived at the airport expecting a airport transfer (as stated in the deal) to be told that we weren't entitled to it! After a fair bit of back and forth with the staff from the hotel we finally got our transfer about an hour later. On arriving at the hotel we were supposed to get an early check in but again this was not available. On getting our room we found that we did not have enough beds for our 3 children. On querying this with the manager I was told that my 3 and a half year old should be sleeping in the king size bed with my husband and I!! I refused this as this deal was for 2 adults and 3 children with appropriate beds.I insisted that we needed another bed and they supplied this. The next day the kids wanted to try out the planet Trekkers kids club, on arriving there we booked a nanny for our 3 year old as she was not included in the free deal. However the older two kids 9 & 7 were supposed to have free access to the club. The staff at planet Trekkers old me that they weren't included and I had to pay for them- yet another issue that had to be sorted out. Basically the hotel did not seem to be clear on what was included in the deal that I had purchased and I felt that there was a lot of having to insist that the deal was honoured.
The hotel is set within beautiful gardens that are very well maintained and a pleasure to walk around. There are a number of lovely pools, enough space for everyone to swim in and plenty of sun beds for sunbathing. We stayed in a Sinjara suite which is two levelled. We had a King bed upstairs and the kids were downstairs. The suite was nice and spacious so was the bathroom. My only comment is that there was nowhere for the children to put their clothes-would have been great to have a set of drawers or a small cupboard to put their belongings as they had to live out of their suitcases for the week which I wouldn't expect in a 5 star hotel.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful generally and really interacted with the children and made them feel very welcome.The view of the ocean was great and the sunset restaurant was a fabulous place to watch the sunset.
The last night we were there, we were woken up at midnight by the guests next door having a party very loudly. After complaints to the manager and security, they were unable to get the guests to reduce the noise to an acceptable level so we had to all be moved room at 1.30am! Very disappointing for our last night!
Would we come back? Possibly but as there are so many other 5 star hotels to chose from we won't be coming back any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Michael_Koth_ICBali, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of everyone at InterContinental Bali Resort, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Bali.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the landscape and ambience of our resort. Making our guests feel right at home with a warm welcome and service from the heart is what we love to do. However we were disappointed to read that your last stay with us was not up to your expectation and we sincerely apologise for this. Your feedback has been shared with senior management team at the Resort to ensure that this does not happen again.

Please do contact us on bali@ihg.com if you are planning another trip to Bali and we will ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed for 9 nights and it was an amazing relaxing experience. Staff are lovely and professional, it is evident that they have gone through some extensive training to accommodate westerners. Beachfront is the best on their side, other hotels in the area do not have the same luxury. I wish they would improve on newsletter communications to the guests whilst staying at the resort, about current and future events eg CEO speaking on the grounds etc. Overall experience: we would like to revisit in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael_Koth_ICBali, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Dear Vanja,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your wonderful feedback.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

Your comment regarding the newsletter communications has been well noted, and passed to our management team. Thank you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience with us.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the IC jimbaran for 5 Nights and it was a very satisfying stay overall. Very professional and personal support during our stay. Various breakfast spots if you wanna stay away from the crowded BF area theres always another option.

I'd recommend to use a club membership. Much more privacy and very on point butler/concierge service.

Overall-thanks for the 5nights. Gladly again!!

Deniz A.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Deniz,

Thank you for the memorable days you spent with us, and for sharingthis wonderful feedback to other Tripadvisor's readers. Making our guests feel right at home with a warm welcome and service from the heart is what we love to do. Hope you will remember our hospitality in a long time, and will return back to our resort for another wonderful experience in the future.