“Perfect retreat by the beach and beauty”

AYANA Resort and Spa Bali
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed at the Ayana with my partner, who had never been to Bali before. From the moment we were welcomed with our flower leis, we knew we had arrived to a slice of paradise away from home!
The entrance leads you to amazing garden views of the complex with a peek of the inviting glistening blue ocean in the background.
The staff were always more than willing to help you with their smiling faces. Friendly, attentive .. Couldn't ask for better staff who take the time to greet you by your surnames.. A nice personal touch.
The newly renovated hotel room we stayed in was divine! Big roomy beds, big screen tv, and the beautiful hand carved wood curtain hanging is a touch of Bali decor. We enjoyed the garden view from our patio chairs outside our room. And the big overhanging shower heads are a must to try!
Our highlight of our stay was the ocean beach pool. Relaxing, calming, beautiful. There are limited 20 deck chairs by the pool where kids under 12 aren't allowed. We stayed there all day relaxing, tanning, enjoying cocktails and watched the sunset with a bintang in hand in the pool overlooking the sparkling ocean view.
The Rock Bar is just a ride down the cliff away with yummy cocktails on the menu. Definitely a must if you stay at the Ayana!
Thank You so much for an amazing getaway! We will most definitely be back! You have given me and my partner a reason to come back to see you all again! Perhaps for our wedding?? ;))))

• Stayed: March 2012
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at AYANA. I am glad to hear that you were impressed by our friendly and caring team and that you enjoyed your stay and especially the Ocean Beach Pool. I am also pleased to hear your compliments on our newly renovated rooms.

We are thrilled to hear that you would consider us for your wedding celebration in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back for a special occasion!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Perfect for honeymooners, the spa, the pool, the beach. All is perfect. Don't forget to visit Rock Bar.

Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Remiel
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights/ three days at a club room which cost around USD$400 per night. We are planning a family gathering later in the year and used the w/end to check its suitability.

Generally, it was a very average stay. The resort as whole is about 5 years past its prime; it’s tired and is in need of renovation (read on!).

Negatives; club lounge is dull & dated (change the carpet!), breakfast choice is so limited that we ended up eating downstairs in the main restaurant one of the morning’s (they actually tried to charges us extra for eating our breakfast in the main restaurant!), No free Wi-Fi in the lounge.

Directly behind our room, renovations were in full swing on a block of rooms until around 5 pm each day which was annoying with the drone of drilling and grinding as our backdrop. It was so annoying that we could not sit outside on our veranda to enjoy the view and unwind.....not worth the price.

Positives; ocean view from the pool and the staff, who were kind and courteous at all times.

I have been lucky enough to stay at many 5 star hotels during my 10 years or so in the region, unfortunately Ayana is not in that category anymore

3  Thank KingKenny73
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Kingkenny73

Thank you for your review of AYANA. I am glad to hear that you were impressed by our staff and service, but regret that you felt the resort was not up to its usual standards, as we are committed to not only maintaining our position as a leading luxury resort but to enhancing it. As you stated, we have just completed a major renovation of over 200 hotel rooms and suites, resulting in a major upgrade with all new furniture, decor and fittings. The rooms being renovated during yoru stay were located in an isolated wing of the hotel and we took great care to minimize the impact on our guests, and I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the project. I will share your feedback on the Club Lounge carpet with our owner, who is constantly investing to enhance our facilities and services for our guests.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast at Club Lounge, but glad that you were able to experience Padi’s international buffet. Our team of chefs take great pride in serving the highest quality of cuisine at our seven restaurants, and we have just launched a new dinner menu at Club Lounge. I will pass on your feedback to our Club Lounge chefs to investigate any shortfall in their usual high levels of guest satisfaction. In regards to internet, we do provide complimentary WiFi in the Club Lounge for our guests, along with laptops and iPads for guest use.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback so we may continually review our services and facilities and continue to improve. I hope you are able to visit us again in the future to experience the renovated rooms and give us an opportunity to change your impression of the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Spent 4 days at Ayana at the end of our Bali stay. Unfortunately we struck bad weather and were confined to our room much of the time. We had a sea view room which was nice and good comfy bed and big TV. We were surprised by the scale of the resort, it's huge so if you're looking for an initmate little resort Ayana will disappoint. It's also very expensive. We were surprised at the price of food and drinks, our first dinner was $150AU for 2 of us,a round of mini golf $50AU, spa treatments expensive and the aquatonic pool $50 for 2 hours. Considering the room price would have been nice to have some of these options included. Having said that the food was the best I've eaten in Bali, Padi Restaurant amazing. The Rock Bar is also amazing! The bad weather meant it was closed for a couple of nights so we only got there once and it was really windy but it's a truely unique experience and the cocktails are fantastic, expect to pay $15-$20 each for them though. We were really looking forward to our few days of luxury at Ayana but ended up being a little disappointed and I doubt we'll stay there ever again. I would like to commend the level of service though, staff were very friendly and went out of there way to know your name and use it which was pretty impressive given the scale of the resort.

2  Thank Scanners1
Reviewed 29 March 2012

very nice resort, just a little lack of privacy in the backyard of the villas. breakfast buffet is a international-indonesian style, along with 2 men sitting on the grass playing traditional indonesian music, it's very relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sumcwan
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have 2 adults and 2 kids trying to book this resort in Aug. My kids are 8 and 11 and I was told by the reservation staff that I need to book two rooms! Their hotel policy is to accommodate a couple with two 5-year & below kids or one kid with 5-11! They said this is the instruction from their sales team! OMG! The sales manager must be single! He never thinks how happy for a family with young kids to stay at one room together! How can I let my kids of 8 and 11 to stay on their own? And I have to sort the luggage too! No way! Do you think you can boom up the sales with this silly rule? We have been to many resorts and it was the first time I come across this! Don't give an excuse that you want the guests to stay comfortably .... this is just non-sense. We have therefore booked another resort - there are so many of them in Phuket! I will also spread this out to whoever I know and advise them to pick another hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank Angryguest2012
AYANARESORT, Rooms Executive at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Angryguest2012

Thank you for your feedback, following your correspondence with our reservation department.
I regret that we could not fulfill your requirements to have 4 guests in one room. I understand that you would like to stay together as a family.
However for your safety and regulatory reasons, our policy is maximum of 3 people per room. We are flexible with this when it concerns a baby sleeping in a cot, in other cases we have connecting rooms and suites to accommodate families with more than 1 child requiring an extra bed.
We appreciate your feedback so that we may improve our service and better cater for our guest needs.
Once again, I am sorry that we could not meet your requirement and we wish you a pleasant holiday in Phuket.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Wow, I didn't know places this good existed. My wife & I got married here March 17 2012, all the way from booking the wedding to the day its self everything was done with 5 star service, thank you so so much our wedding planner Thabita, your amazing and helped make our day perfect.

The hotel is something you would dream of, amazing views, we got upgraded to a villa that was better than anything i could imagine and the club lounge was like your own paradise where everything was complemnetary, cocktails, food, deserts.

Other highlights include the ocean pool, rock bar, Sami Sami restaurant & the kind helpful nature of al the staff,

Terima kasih everyone at Ayana & see you soon, we are already planning our retrun visit.

Mike & Chica

Room Tip: Club room or villa, the club lounge is amazing, have to do it!!!