“Aquatonic Pool - Must Try: Potential to loose 3000 to 5000 calories”

AYANA Resort and Spa Bali
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 24 September 2017

You will spend 2 hours at the Aquatonic Pool as there are about 40 "stations" where powerful water jet will massage different parts of your whole body.

You will spend about 2 mins at each "station".

A truly great experience for everyone...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear D24d24,

Thank you for making our day and for going out of your way to connect with us through the TripAdvisor travel community after experiencing one of our signature spa treatment.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us has proved to be extremely memorable and that you appreciated the Aquatonic Pool at our Bali thalasso spa contains 700 million liters of water directly supplied from the underlying Indian Ocean and warmed to optimum temperatures to rebalance mineral deficiencies.

Every year, we strive to deliver a fresh approach to AYANA’s signature luxury lifestyle, and we do appreciate hearing about how our facilities made such an important impact on your recent holiday.

Clive Edwards

Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Ayana was a gorgeous respite with excellent service, beautiful views, luxury accommodations, delicious food and exquisite spa services. We stayed in an ocean view villa which was to die for. OMG. The service was extraordinary. We called our butler whenever we wanted anything, from a lift, to food, to a massage treatment, and presto, it was efficiently delivered. I wish I could afford to go and stay much, much longer. Simply amazing.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear fiamma11,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting our resort as your holiday destination of choice in Bali.

I am glad to know that you had such a memorable time while staying with us. We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your kind words with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the uniquely integrated facilities at our resort, which include 12 stunning pools across a private 90-hectare estate. Additional amenities include 18 impressive dining venues, two award-winning spas and the newly opened Kubu Beach Club.

All in all, we are glad to know that you had a great time during your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you again to explore more of the AYANA and RIMBA lifestyle.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and highly recommend Ayana or Rimba to anybody wanting somewhere relaxing to stay with a great selection of amenities. Staying at Ayana or Rimba means you can come and go between the two resorts as you please to get the best of both worlds. A shuttle tram cones every 10 mins to take you between the different locations. Service at both resorts was really good. We loved that even though the resort was fairly booked out with guests it didn't feel overcrowded at all. The spa at the resort is an absolute must! We had the best massages and felt well and truly pampered with a sauna and great changing room facilities, showers etc. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear TashCushla,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about how much you enjoyed your recent getaway at our resort.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you are thankful for everything during your stay, especially the luxury of having access to all of the shared facilities offered throughout AYANA and RIMBA's integrated resort concept. The resort’s complimentary shuttle makes it easy to plan several unforgettable activities in one day, including spa treatments, beach time, lunch by the pool, golf putting and quality kids programs.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with the team, as it is always satisfying to know how much our guests appreciate the effort that goes into creating the ultimate holiday in paradise.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

TL:DR
The verdict, with the amount of $$$ you pay for the resort, probably i would go somewhere else especially in Bali. Ayana become used to the fact that they have beautiful landscape and famour rockbar. That's about it.

We're staying at Ayana because we want to celebrate our anniversary together with my kid (18mo). While I'm not really expecting any kind of big surprise but I guess having someone to congratulate your milestone is sort of normal since I've put it on the notes. Especially having a personal note on your room would be something that we know other high end resort / hotel would do for their personalize customer experience.

Throughout the stay, we notice that the staff while majority of them is really good, they are nice, helpful and friendly. However the front staff is not so much, we wanted to enquiry about something with the front desk and apparently there is only 1 staff available and she's busy serving other customer. Few minutes later there are around 2-3 staff walking out from their staff door and none of them offer their help for us until to the point where I need to make an effort to catch their attention.

Basically my flight will be late night and I'm checking the possibility of late check out (so my kid can catch a bit of nap time), the staff whom I'm approaching help us by checking the room status and said to us that it is not possible because there are other guest going to stay in that room after us and he can only extend till 1pm. We're not convinced and we did another attempt in the afternoon with another staff. This time (his name is Fajar), we can clearly see who actually make an effort to help and who basically just follow the textbook and give excuses. Fajar help us to check the room and he's taking the effort to check with his manager if we can make the late checkout, in the end we are able to use the room till 2pm. He also never mention there is any guest going to stay in that rolm but rather he mention if we extend beyond 2pm then based on policy we need to pay full rate, which is fine but at least we can clearly see he's making an effort and repeatedly apologize of not able to help accommodate our request.

While i can't generalized the staff but we definitely feel the staff pay more attention to you if
1. You're not Asian
2. You speak English to them
Its not that I'm not able to speak English but generally communicate in local language is easier and avoid miscommunication.

Kudos to the restaurant's and house keeping staff, so far they have been consistent performers in term of helpfulness and friendliness.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear KenyolLeon,

Honest guest reviews are a valuable resource for our dedicated staff, so firstly, allow us to say how very thankful we are for taking the time to put your thoughts down on paper regarding your recent stay with us.

Although it is always delightful to hear about the wonderful moments guests experience at AYANA, it means a lot to us when guests feel comfortable enough to disclose situations that were less than perfect. Regarding your comments about the service which did not meet your expectation, we regret to hear about your discomfort. Your honesty is very important to us, and we will review your comments with the related department. With a reputation for genuinely caring service that truly reflects Bali’s legendary hospitality, each member of our team works hard to anticipate guest needs and resolve issues as efficiently as possible. Our team is trained to resolve issues as quickly and discreetly as possible, and I will share your feedback with the related departments, so that our team only continues to improve with experience.

We certainly appreciate your patronage and look forward to impressing you with a future AYANA signature experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Situated not far from Ngurah Rai airport, the resort is huge with fantastic view of sea, private beach and airport, most of the staff are very attentive and helpful. I stay only one night here and regret that I choose weekend to stay here cos of there was a wedding and I came pretty late in the afternoon. Nothing is perfect though. Some to take note for improvement; my room has a ventilation that was quite noisy, and this also happen in the bathroom, I am usually very tolerant with noise but not too much, called the housekeeping and they quickly sent someone to check and I am very happy with their service.

Rain shower didn't work... at all..

The beach was closed and I was desperately want to see sunset but said that the restaurant was fully booked, so I just want to see the sunset, and a staff that I forgot to get the name was really helpful and attentive and finally i could see the beach and the lovely sunset.

Bed and pillow slightly old I guess, not complaining though but I found the bed a bit sink in the center and pillow too hard, maybe I could have asked for softer one. So not really enjoying good night sleep.

Breakfast has lots of varieties, but maybe because I am single traveller so when I left my table to take food, i didn't leave anything on my table when I came back I found they cleaned up everything including some fruits that I took. I thought putting the serviette on the chair's back rest means someone is sitting there, but the staff quickly apologise.

And yeah I found broken/cracked glass served and I accidentally took it for Jamu. In my origin it's a taboo to serve your guess with broken/cracked glass.

Well just room to improve, over all I still have pleasant stay. Thanks for having me!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Hilda X,

Firstly, allow me to say how very thankful for your decision to stay at AYANA Resort and Spa BALI during your recent holiday.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your visit and we do appreciate you taking the time to share details of your stay with us.

With a reputation for genuinely caring service that truly reflects Bali’s legendary hospitality, each member of our team works hard to anticipate guest needs and resolve issues as efficiently as possible. We make the greatest effort to satisfy individual tastes, catering to a wide spectrum of visitors. We regret to hear that not every AYANA experience met your expectations, however we are constantly striving for excellence and do appreciate your review.

Although it sounds as if you enjoyed many of the unique activities and services that our resort has to offer, I do apologize for the inconveniences you describe. Our staff is trained to handle such issues, so that noise disturbances are resolved as quickly as possible, and I’m glad to read that our team was available to help you.

During your next stay in Bali, we would love to welcome you to a new and different experience at one of AYANA’s sister resorts, which include the contemporary and chic RIMBA, as well as the spacious and luxurious The Villas at AYANA.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We travelled to try Ayana resort after spending 2 days in Singapore and 4 days in Ubud. This was part of our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip.
We normally opt for small boutique hotels when we travel but we were wowed by the online portfolio of photographs of this resort hotel and the occasion of our anniversary made us opt for a luxury finish to our trip to relax and unwind.
When we arrived we felt a little overwhelmed by the shear scale of the hotel and grounds but within a very short period of time we felt very much relaxed and settled in to the surroundings. This was helped by the wonderful team of staff. Never before have we encountered such incredible personalised customer care - this was outstanding from beginning to the end without exception. Every single member of staff from cleaners to waiters were outstandingly professional and friendly and truly couldn't do enough for us.
Whilst we were waiting to be checked into our room we went for a drink to the pool bar. We were greeted by one of the pool area staff called Hendry. He was outstanding and quickly made us feel very welcome and was incredibly helpful to us throughout our stay. Hendry was the perfect example of the pride that everyone took in thier individual roles at the Ayana - he and all of the staff are credit to the hotel.
The hotel grounds are stunning and despite the size of the hotel it did not feel crowded. The attention to detail of the layout of the grounds and pool areas created a peaceful and tranquil space to relax in. The pools were incredible with very comfy sunbeds and complementary towels that were changed frequently throughout the day with service always on hand. Another special thank you to Arik at the pool bar for making us so welcome and for always remembering conversations- his smily and sunny nature was amazing - another huge asset to the hotel.
The restaurants were plentyful both at the Ayana and the sister hotel the Rimba. From traditional Balinese, Italian, Mexican and many more- all the food was of a very high standard with exceptional service. The breakfast has to be singled out as the best quality and variety of food I have ever seen. It was delicious and we looked forward to it every day with food to suit every single taste and nationality- stunning.
The famous Rock Bar at the Ayana is not to be missed and the hotel makes sure that guests get priority. It is simply the most spectacular setting a bar could wish for with waves crashing into the rocks, stunning views of the sunset and quirky seating with the bar meandering around the rocks. It really has the wow factor and we enjoyed some lovely evenings there cuddled up on a circular sofa being served cocktails and munching delicious bar nibbles.
Another gem in Ayana has to be the private Kubu beach. It is stunning and was very quiet during our stay. You get there via a cliff top lift that opens up spectacular views of the coast. Again you are looked after from the moment you arrive with life guards, waiting staff and a lovely beach bar and the best beach toilet I have ever had the pleasure of using.
I cannot speak more highly of this hotel. Compete and utter luxury with a huge personal touch. It really is a paradise with the best customer service we have ever had. A very special place with a very special workforce. Ayana you have it absolutely spot on and thank you for a very special stay with you.
Yofita Katherine is the guest recognition coordinator at the Ayana- we met her for the first time at a drinks reception at the Rimba- she was utterly outstanding. Beautiful on the inside and out. She oozed professionalism with such a warm and friendly approach. She too remembered our conversations and made us feel very special and welcome. A huge thank you to her and everyone that works at the Ayana. To have such well placed people in such roles as these really does add that extra touch and it's these things that make the Ayana so special.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jimbara bay rooms- overlooking the golf course- it was lovely and close to the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn H

Dear Kathryn H,

Your words are a source of inspiration for each and every member of the AYANA family, and we do thank you for choosing our resort as your 25th wedding anniversary. It is reviews such as yours that make being a part of the AYANA family so rewarding.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed by our cliff-front property along Jimbaran’s ‘golden mile’, and that our staff helped with the little touches that create lifelong memories. I would like to thank you for choosing our 90-hectare integrated resort as your home away from home in Bali for your special occasion.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your dining experience at AYANA. With 18 restaurants, lounges and bars for your munching and sipping pleasure, our chefs strive to offer a new delicious cuisine for you to try every day. Our team thoughtfully selects the best ingredients available from the archipelago and beyond, and we appreciate knowing that every effort is worth it.

Regarding AYANA’s legendary hospitality, I will share your delightful comments about your service experience with our team. It is always very satisfying for them to know how much their service contribution can upgrade a guest’s holiday. I am happy to read that you were able to experience our team’s genuinely caring service during your stay, especially from Henry and Yofita.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another remarkable stay, and please don’t forget to check in with our event calendar as we feature many exciting guest chef dinners throughout the year. Please do let us know how we might be able to help personalize your next AYANA getaway.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

From my wife's perspective: The resort is absolutely stunning. We came here on our honeymoon and it was the first stop of the trip. Very well kept and has some of the best views in Bali that we experienced. They have two pools. Our favorite was the Ocean Pool that was a little smaller and did not allow children, but had AMAZING views. Limited seating so we had to get there early to get a spot, but worth it! The drink and food service at the pool was very good. The only negative i would say is that the drinks aren't really strong at all (but we are from New Orleans so maybe our expectations are high for stiff drinks). They also have a private beach which was hidden away and unexpectedly beautiful. This was probably our favorite thing about the resort. They offer chairs and cover and a beautiful view of the ocean. The water was a bit rough to get in, but we enjoyed laying in the chairs and taking in the view. They also offered all the same services at the pool by the beach. The staff was beyond accommodating and friendly. They were at your service at all times. As far as food, we did try a few restaurants and enjoyed our meals, but our favorite place to eat was the Indonesian restaurant (can't remember name). We had a very helpful waitress that also gave us tips on things to do in the area. The buffet breakfast was very extensive. Pretty much had anything you could want. We also had drinks and an appetizer at the Rock Bar which was very cool to experience. We did mess up and not have reservations for some of the restaurants which we didn't think about so we didn't get to eat at all the restaurants. Everyone speaks English at the resort (which is great for us Americans). It is a little expensive on the resort compared to being off the resort, but that's pretty standard for most resorts of this caliber. We did venture off the resort a few times which we found always took a while. The resort is pretty secluded. Definitely can't walk anywhere off the resort. A car ride is required, but relatively cheap to get places. Security at the resort is also top notch. Felt very safe the entire time we were there. I regret not trying their spa while we were there, but if it's anything like the rest of the resort, i would say it's probably top notch too. We did enjoy the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) that they provided in the room. The entire resort smelled like plumeria (we had to ask what the scent was) which was amazing. I want to buy incense in that scent for our house when we get home! We did find there are a lot of people that come to this resort and take photo shoots by the pools and beach area (instagram models as we call them). It was a little much as some of them would be taking rather seductive photos, but we mostly just joked about it; however, i probably wouldn't want my small children experiencing it. Not sure that's the resorts fault though. Just something we noticed happening very frequently. Highly recommended resort!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gabe B,

We highly appreciate you for taking the time to write to us about how much you enjoyed your time at our resort. It is a pleasure be chosen as your first honeymoon destination in Bali.

It is a highlight of my day to learn that you enjoyed the uniquely integrated facilities at our resort, which include 12 stunning pools, each designed with a unique ambience to please families and couples alike, across a private 90-hectare estate. Additional amenities include 18 impressive dining venues, two award-winning spas and the newly opened Kubu Beach Club.

I am glad that you were able to appreciate the 19 restaurants, lounges and bars for your pleasure, and most significantly, the efforts of our team members in their five-star service delivery. Our guests’ preferences are being recorded to deliver personalized and memorable experience, and it is a pleasure to learn one of yours, so we may be able to serve stronger drinks for you in the future.

Regarding your comments about AYANA’s friendly and genuinely caring service, we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service at all times, with team members who are committed to creating lifelong memories for our guests. The small details count, especially in the delivery of authentic five-star hospitality, and I thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Thank you again for taking a few valuable moments out of your day to reach out to us, and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Clive Edwards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
0.9 km away
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 55 in Nusa Dua
3.3 km away
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa Bali? Share your experiences!