“Great Villas, Amazing Service!”
Review of Karma Jimbaran

Karma Jimbaran
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Villas, Amazing Service!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Wow!  What a week in Bali at the Karma Jimbaran!  We reserved a 2 bedroom villa for our family of 5.  The staff at Karma Jimbaran picked us up at the airport without delay and drove us about 20 mins to the Karma.  When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa.  The villa was beautiful, well appointed with everything you would want, and the kids loved having their own pool.  The next morning we woke to a rooster at 5 AM in the village next to the Karma.  Not good when we had another 5 nights to go.  I called reception at 8 AM and they said when we returned from our day out they would have it resolved.  When we we returned at 1 PM, I called and they informed me that they were moving us to a four bedroom villa.  They picked our luggage up and moved us within 10 mins!  The three bedroom was nice, but the four bedroom (villa 9) was over the top.  Luke the manager personally came by to make sure it was fine.  It was more than fine, it was amazing.

That night we went to dinner and left a light on in the kid's bathroom.  During the day, we had heavy rains for a couple of hours (it was rainy season).  That night the water bugs / moths came out in force.  They were attracted to the light we had left on in the bathroom.  When we returned from dinner we were surprised to find over 300 hundred moths in the bathroom.  They had slipped in between the doors.  Needless to say my wife (and me although I didn't show it) was a little freaked out.  She called reception and within 10 mins we had 5 people and Luke the manager in our villa.  It was cleaned up in no time and Luke made sure we were happy before leaving.  Either one of these situations could have happened in any villa in Bali, but the way the Karma reacted was fantastic!

The remainder of our trip was uneventful and we enjoyed the Karma very much.  Everyday we would come back from our excursions and the kids would swim and relax in our villa.  We also had the "in villa BBQ" one night and it was excellent.  They setup candles everywhere, set a nice table, and brought in a grill.   There was enough food to feed several villas!  The food was excellent and the price was even better.

Our breakfast was included and we took advantage every morning of the breakfast at the one restaurant on property.  They offered a wide variety off the menu as well as full coffee bar and fresh juices.  It was very good.  In addition, Luke was walking around the restaurant talking to the guests, including us, asking how our stay was, what we were doing for the day, and if we needed anything.  He was very visible and sincere in his interest in the guest.

Anytime we needed something, we would just call reception and they were there in minutes.

When we checked out, the Karma staff drove us to the airport.  On our way, the reception called my mobile phone to let me know that we had left an iPod in the villa (one of the kids).  They offered to drive to the airport and give it to us before we left.  And they did just that!!

If you are looking for a great villa experience, I highly recommend the Karma at Jimbaran.  We plan to return on our next visit to Bali.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank srowlandga
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, 15 July 2015
Dear Srowlandga

Thank you for your great review of Karma Jimbaran and it is great to hear that our team were able to quickly resolve the interference's you experienced!

We would love to welcome you back to experience some of the changes we have have made to our property and the guest's experiences which regularly receive rave reviews.

Do let me know if the team or I can be of any assistance until then and we would look forward to seeing you again.

Graeme Freeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Western Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This really is a little piece of paradise. Staff are amazing, service second to none, food, what can I say it is fantastic food. The private villas give you all the privacy you need. The beach is right across the road so you can go for a nice walk on the beach, come back to your villa for a swim and then head up to the restaurant for breakfast or order into your villa for private dining, either way you can't lose. Great atmosphere, great team of staff and a wonderful manager make this a holiday destination not to be missed. I had the oxygen facial at the spa, with a free manicure thrown in which was total luxury. I cannot wait to come back and have absolutely no problem recommending this place to anyone. I have tried a few places in Bali and this is definitely my top choice. I can not fault this place, you should do yourself a favor and try it yourself.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kimber64
Dear Kimber64

Many thanks for your recommendation and it is great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Karma Jimbaran.

Do feel free to let me know when we may be able to welcome you back again to the island and I would be happy to let you know of some of the fantastic packages we currently have available.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2011

As I write I'm relaxing on the day bed of our 4 bedroom villa, accomodating a rather large extended family of my children and grandchildren. The villa is exquisite, beautifully appointed and comfortable, catering for all - we range from 6 months to 60 years! Everyone is very happy with the location, food and general ambience. The staff and manager are friendly and helpful. A small problem on arrival was soon rectified and it has been a great holiday for everyone.

Room Tip: Villa 29 is fantastic and an easy walk to beach.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Barbara

Many thanks for your review of Karma Jimbaran. It has been a while since we saw you last and would love the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Do feel free to contact us on gm@karmajimbaran.com if the team or I can be of any assistance until then.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Although this hotel is quite secluded and far from the hub of Seminyak (about 45 mins to an hour in traffic) we relaxed and got exactly what we needed - a rest! Staff are amazing, Nammos Beach was great (ocean not the best to swim though, tides, currents and allot of sea urchins). The food and vibe was awesome. The rooms in the villas are spacious but kitchen was not very clean, cupboards and doors need to be updated. We had a few issues with our room but these were quickly addressed. Di mare restaurant was fantastic, breakfast delicious and staff wonderful. Massage on beach magnificent. Overall experience was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Ginaki3144

Thank you for your review of Karma Resorts. Since your last visit there has been numerous upgrades in the roads infrastructure on the island making Jimbaran a now convenient choice and location for those that not only wish to be nearby the airport but also have convenient access to the hustle and bustle of Seminyak.

We would all love to see you again at the resort and if the team or I can be of any assistance until then, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Our family of four stayed in Karma Jimbaran for four nights and we couldn't fault it. Although we had booked a two-bedroom villa, we were upgraded to a four-bedroom villa when we arrived, which was fantastic. The food was excellent, even for children and there is a separate, healthy spa menu which made a nice change. The spa is very well appointed and the treatments were very professional. Karma's staff were attentive without being intrusive, which is a bit of an issue if you stay in a private villa with multiple staff. I left some clothes behind when I checked out and they found them for me and organised to post them back to Australia. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear MLS061

Many thanks for your recommendation of Karma Jimbaran and I am happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Do feel free to let me know when we may be able to welcome you back in the future and I can happily provide details on some of the fantastic packages we currently have available.

London
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My friend booked the Karma for three nights for both of our families. We stayed in villa 22, an utterly lovely, modern, beautiful four bedroom villa with a pool. The villa is located near the spa and the bar/restaurant. I think I arrived ready to be critical, but I departed having been beguiled by the Karma. The cause of my initial grumpiness was the fact that the menu of activities on offer lacks some crucial information, and this caused things to go badly wrong for us on the first day. Suffice to say that riding horses on the beach was not a nearby activity, but necessitated four hours round trip travel by car, and when you arrive, they only accept cash!!! We had booked a big dinner with our friends at the villa, so we were already out of time and never got to ride the horses, we just had to pay a penalty cancellation fee which took almost the last of our cash, then we were taken to a nearby town to obtain a taxi back to the hotel. Complete let down, and it threatened to ruin our experience. So I would say please make sure you have asked a lot of questions before you book any activity.
Having noted that, I have to say the quality of the rest of our experience was very high. The staff were exemplary, keeping the rooms clean, restocking the minibar and toiletries, cleaning the pool, gardening, practically trimming the grass with nail scissors. I have never seen such care taken. Some might even find it intrusive but we did not, because the staff were so quiet and friendly. The food from room service and in the restaurant was quite good. Not just nasi goreng! One mild criticism was that one morning there was a smell by our pool and the main pool. Perhaps they were cleaning pipes. Also, my husband felt the pool water might need more chlorine or something, as he said the water smelt somewhat of rotting vegetation. I did not notice this, and nobody else remarked on it. Sadly for us, our daughter necame ill with an ear infection and stomach problem, and I also got a stomach bug. We do NOT suspect the Karma, but the very nice hotel doctor said we should not fly for a few days. Our friends departed, and the Karma allowed us to remain in our idyllic villa for an extra three days at a two bedrrom villa rate, which was extremely nice of them. Also, the staff treated us with great caring and made plain rice and potatoes for those of us with tender stomachs. One always appreciates every kindness in these circumstances. overall I highly recommend the Karma for its beauty, service and for going the extra mile for their guests. They are also more reasonably priced than some of their neighbours. Please be careful on Jimbaran beaches as they are rough. Tipping is optional but appreciated. Five per cent is considered generous.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank beauchamptraveller
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
We thank you for submitting your extensive and very nice comments, Beauchamptraveller, and are also very glad to hear that you had an overall fantastic experience during your stay! Sorry to hear about the hassles you had to endure on your horse-riding attempt. We will take note in the future to inform our guests of all details involved with the trip as you have advised. I’m sure you’re daughter came down with a mild case of ‘Bali Belly’ common around these parts and happy to hear our in-house doctor was able to assist with this. We will be sure to let our wonderful staff know about your glowing feedback regarding their ‘exemplary’ service throughout. Thanks again and hope to see you at Karma Jimbaran again soon!

Yours Sincerely,
Karma Resorts Management
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed in villa 35 which really needs a bit of a renovation. Not the luxurious villa we were expecting. We chose karma because we wanted a villa but within a hotel complex with room service and a kids club. The room service menu was terrible and only 3 or so toddler friendly choices. Very difficult to get them to do a simple meal with some healthy Veges for kids. It was mostly fried food. Kids club staff were lovely but activities a bit limited and the kids club room itself quite small with a tv on all the time. Nice part of staying was that it was small and you did get to know the other families staying with children as you saw them at breakfast daily. It's a nice place and the staff are brilliant, villas need an overhaul and the exec chef needs to put together a new menu for both room service and restaurant. We also found jimbaran a bit isolated.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Sydfamilyof4
Thank you for your feedback and apologies if your expectations were not fully met during your stay. We will certainly take your suggestions into account and look into expanding our menus to perhaps offer a few more healthy kid-friendly options as well as check on the maintenance of our villas. While Jimbaran is in fact a quite a distance from the more bustling areas of Bali, we feel that this is plus for those looking for a unique and peaceful respite from the more touristy areas of the island. And although far from Seminyak, we do have the benefit of being located close to Jimbaran Bay for seafood and the Bukit Peninsula with its beautiful beaches and temples. Hope to see you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,