All reviewsbutler servicecliff villaayana resortrock barocean frontvilla guestsprivate poolpersonal assistantour honeymoonbedroom oceanfrontprior to our arrivaldinner reservationsdirect viewcliff topvip accessa la carte breakfastabsolute luxury
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We recently had trip to Bali and chose to stay at The Villas by Ayana which was the most wonderful experience ever. The resort is spectacular and every moment was special. We literally had a detox from the busy hectic life and we felt like we stoped at heaven. The resort was absolutely fantastic, the villa was super clean and spacious, the bed was super comfortable, the garden with the pool was breathtaking and the food was superb in every single resturant in Ayana.
What made our trip memorable is the wonderful staff who made us feel happy and satisfied from the moment we arrived until we checked out and got into the car.
Special thanks to all the butlers who were so helpful attending our needs, to our patient driver Peno and to the one and only Enny who is literally the most beautiful person on earth. We can’t thank Ayana enough for the most magical stay/ trip we’ve ever had.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are here at the Ayana villas as part of our honeymoon. Last night in the villa next to us there was a very noisy party going on. Finally at 2.30am I called our butler and complained. He then finally put a stop to the party. This situation is very disappointing. The party was so noisy yet it took a phone call from me to finally have it stopped. Why wasn't it stopped by the staff earlier. More to the point, why was the party allowed to happen in the first place. This resort prides itself on looking after the guests but my new wife and I feel very let down. If this is the culture of this resort we would rather leave.

Furthermore, when we checked in yesterday we were upgraded to a room that we did not ask for, room 3024. The room was large and cold and felt like it had not been used in a while. We would have preferred to have been given a choice. As it turned out, we decided we did not like the room, so we were moved to the edge of the resort into room 1014 in the style that we originally booked. This room although nice has noisy air conditioning and bedside lights that we cannot turn off. Small things were missing like pens and writing pads, the air conditioner was not working properly and the TV was faulty.

We visited the front desk again to ask why we had been put the furthest away from the pool, restaurant and front counter used exclusively by villa guests. This part of the resort is much prettier than the outpost we were put in. Upon questioning the front staff, they casually replied by saying that they could not do anything as they were full, expecting me to be fobbed off. I told them that this was our honeymoon and we had booked and paid for a one bedroom ocean view villa in September last year. He then said that the room I was in were the only one bedroom villas and the rest were ocean view cliff face. I said that I was very unhappy and thought it highly unlikely that all the other rooms were cliff view rooms. I then remarked that our room was a bay view and not ocean.

So far our experience at the Ayana had been well below our expectations. As we are both in our early fifties, and have spent many years traveling we are not in the habit over complaining as we realize things happen beyond your control. But the raging party and substandard room was unacceptable.

Miraculously a room became available. Close to all the villa amenities, quite a stunning part of the resort, still a one bedroom ocean view that we had originally paid for. Air conditioning that worked, pads and pens that were not in the other rooms, the garden that had been cleaned and serviced, bed side lights that all turned off, and a TV that worked efficiently. After more than 24 hours shuffling rooms that we had been insulted with we were finally given Aron that we paid for. This was not good enough and I would caution anyone that is thinking of staying at the Ayana Villas to be very specific and fussy about the room you expect.

On the upside, the new villa that we finally moved to was pure luxury. It was quiet and spacious and the plunge pool and open cabana in the back were exceptional. We had a clear view of the ocean, and the gardens and surrounding landscapes were perfect. As far as the staff go, nothing and I mean nothing was a problem. We had VIP seats at the rock bar , the Bloody Mary was the best I have had at the Martini Bar and the meals and service at the Dava and Sami Sami Restaurants were nothing short of first class. The staff would go out of their way to remember even the smallest requests, like no capers in the salads.

I would highly recommend the Ayana Villas. But because of the run around and expectation that we would be happy with a villa below the standard that the Ayana represents, comparing it with other 5 star luxury resorts and hotels that we have stayed in, the Ayana gets 3 stars.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyNSMA
AYANARESORT, General Manager at The Villas at AYANA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear AndyNSMA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand how important it is to feel totally relaxed during your holiday, and we thank you for choosing our resort as your preferred destination resort in Bali.

Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding, the team and I wish you all the very best in your new lives together.

Regarding your visit, we deeply apologize for the incidents which may have caused you inconvenience during the time of your honeymoon. I am so sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the sound from the next-door villa and that your first villa experience did not meet your expectation. As service professionals, we pride ourselves on delivering reliable service to our guests and we are committed to turning your experience around. Our butlers are expertly trained by Heilbron Hospitality, an esteemed organization, member of International Guild of Professional Butlers to handle issues and ensure your stay is more than memorable and to ensure such disturbances are resolved as quickly as possible, and I’m glad to read that our team was available to help you. I do wish to reiterate how sorry I am that you experienced noise disturbance, which is quite unusual. I will, of course, be reviewing this with our team to ensure we improve our handling of such occurrences should they occur in the future.

I am also sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the upgrade provided. We do take your comments seriously and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in a more suitable villa. I am also very pleased to know that the rest of your stay proved to be extremely enjoyable, from the comfortable villa and VIP seating at Rock Bar to the attentive service from our team members.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas. Your feedback is important to us, and we take every word to heart. Thank you again for reaching out to the TripAdvisor community with your thoughts on your stay, and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Clive Edwards

Reviewed March 17, 2018

My husband and I recently spent four nights at the Villas at Ayana Resort and found the entire experience to be first class! We had previously stayed at the Four Seasons, and The Club Chedi, but this property surpasses both of them. From our pickup at the airport to the relaxing check-in process, the Ayana staff understands and responded to our needs. The Villa was eye-popping as the room and all the amenities were outstanding. We especially enjoyed the huge plunge pool and outdoor sala. The restaurants: Dava-Kisik-Damar Terrace and the Rock Bar were all excellent, with great sunsets as a bonus. Special thanks to Yudha and Lia whom took care of us every morning at breakfast! The butler feature(Usually a non-event for us at other hotels) was outstanding at the Villas: We had three different butlers whom transported us around the property and was attentive to our every need. If you are coming to Bali: The Villas at Ayana is your choice!

Room Tip: Ask for villas with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spaqueen12
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have travelled extensively all over the world and now have a new #1 hotel for us!! Bali is incredible to start with, but the location, the staff and the Villas here at Ayana, in the Jimbaran district far surpass anything we've ever experienced. The staff constantly out-Ritz Carltons even the best RC. They think of EVERYTHING to make your stay personalized and truly special, including hand written notes celebrating your stay with them. Really, we have been treated royally with a capital R. It's a long travel day to get here, but oh is it worth it. WE WILL BE BACK!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James T
Reviewed March 10, 2018

Ayana Resort as a whole is a pretty amazingly set up place in a gorgeous location. What made our experience very special were the staff we encountered, who really went the extra mile to cater to our very fussy requirements, including dietary preferences.

The Rock Bar is worth a visit, just be prepared that it is rather touristy, book ahead for a good table and go closer to sun set or it may get to glaring. I highly recommend the unique experience of dining at the pier (Pesca Lobster experience) where the team customised our meal with a vegetable focused menu.

The cliff villas are the best villas to have in my view, awesome views, although the layout could do with a bit of improvement.

We also had an amazing day at the cooking school at Rimba, visiting the market and cooking, very well taken care of by Wayan Sukarini and also Chef Darpa, both of whom made the day very special and made sure we got what we had asked for out of the class. In fact Chef Darpa's food was so delicious, that upon request, he prepared special meals for us for the next two evenings at another restaurant nearer our villa.

Staff we generally encountered, including housekeeping staff, were all very friendly and obliging. Special mention to: staff at DAVA - Eka, Kastika, Krisna, and to Dita who introduced us to the white mango in season then, and bought some for us to take home with us.

If you are expecting a cosmopolitan crowd in the resort, it might be good to research a little bit more to understand the clientele.

The Ayana as a whole is perhaps a little more crowded at the popular spots but thank goodness there are pockets where there is more privacy, such as the pool for The Villas and also the pool in your own villa.

Room Tip: The cliff villas are good.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family