All reviews ambassador suite sg block b block swim up bar nightly entertainment smaller pool pools are great gardens are beautiful great position bit dated money changer ground floor main pool buffet breakfast air conditioner deluxe room kp
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

We have previously stayed in a hotel next door for the last 7 or so visits.
Nothing wrong with it, we just felt like a change.
On our last trip we walked through the Kumala Pantai and thought it lovely, easy enough access for my daughter, who's in a wheelchair and while the small pool would be difficult for her to access, the large pool looked perfect for her to use.
We booked through an agent who knows our situation and has booked us holidays before.
She requested a ground floor room both in writing and verbally.
On arrival, I was told that our room was up a number of flights of stairs and on pointing out to the staff member our previous request, she said they had never been notified and in fact seemed very casual about the issue.
She followed up by saying there were no ground floor rooms available, then found one in Y block.
After passing building rubble just outside, we entered the room and there was an instant, strong smell of mould.
Looking up, and the ceiling just inside the doorway had a 2ft by 1ft approx. wet patch, stained and still quite wet. Further into the room, the aircon unit had a large patch of active mould growing on the wall at the corner of it.
When we pointed it out, we were told nothing was leaking, it was ok.
I disagreed and the staff member rang reception, wherein I was asked to speak to them.
Reception informed me that the only other ground floor room was a Junior Suite and would cost a further $52 aus per night.
Having one of our party in a wheelchair severely limits where we can stay in Bali, not to mention that guest was also feeling unwell, so, I didn't see any quick alternative and agree to the extra $ on top of our already prepaid total on inspection of the room.
During our walk to the room, we noticed the large pool was green but were told it was being fixed. There were people swimming in the pool at this point.
That was Sunday 15th October and it is now check out day Thursday 19th October and the pool only got worse, to the point they have drained it and have been scrubbing it clean overnight.
So no pool use what so ever for us.
No notification as to what is happening other than a sign at the pool saying maintenance.
On contacting my Travel Agent, who replied promptly, I was told again that the hotel had been informed about the wheelchair guest and they had re emailed the hotel pointing that fact out, as well as sending me a copy of the transcript.
Also note that the open air corridors to both the Y block room and our room in A block looked to be under some sort of maintenance with rubble, scaffolding and rusted rio covering the garden and a large board propped up to hide some of it.
There have been no workmen in the area the whole time and it looks like it had been left that way for some time.
To top things off we woke on the last morning only to slip in a large puddle created the air con unit in the bedroom.
This same leak also soaked the back of the wheelchair.
On checking out I addressed the issues mentioned but was met with indifference and was not afforded the request of speaking to a manager.
The staff at the front desk would not acknowledge the email having been sent, nor would they look at the copy I had on my phone.
After saying I would be putting a review on TripAdvisor, the counter staff called someone who gave us a $5 per day discount for the inconvenience of the dirty pool.
Now I understand things happen that are beyond your control, but how those issues are the handled and addressed by staff speaks volumes.
After having talked about staying here for a long time, to say we were disappointed would be an understatement.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Great Hotel, room was spacious. Loved the smell of the clean linen. Bathrooms are a bit tired but loved the fact it had a walk in shower. The only issue I had was that the rooms were so dark you could not read in your room even during the day and no hope reading at night as no lamp was strong enough light. Definitely would come back.

Room Tip: We were in SN block which was closest to the restaurant on the beach and only a stroll to the main pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Good value for money ,wonderful staff especially, Boudi the beverage supervisor ,he and the staff did a great job of setting up my sons 21st birthday party dinner for 20 plus guests.
Cant speak more highly of this place .I've been going to Bali since 1978 and will certainly go back here.
Book at least a week we stayed 9 days out of 3 weeks on the Island and really enjoyed the place, as there are lots of restaurants within 5 minutes walk so variety is there if you want or eat there Italian food or Pizza it will make any one happy.
Far enough away from the bustle but close enough to party .

Room Tip: Book a room near the small pool for ease and quiet in daytime ,or at the front if you don't like to walk to far
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2017

We have stayed at the Kumala Pantai 4 times now....3 times with our girls.
The gardens are beautiful. The suites are amazingly large and the standard rooms are also a great size. Some small issues here and there: air conditioner didn't work well in the Junior suite, but maintenance was prompt.
Usually a very quiet hotel, though school holidays this year involved some very inconsiderate Aussie families who thought that bombies in the pool at 1am was a nice thoughtful idea. Management could be more vigilant about noise around the pool...yahooing in the night is not something I'm used to with the Kumala...and it was irritating and tiring for our family. Thankfully it was only one or two nights....but something to consider when you think getting a pool side ground floor suite is a good idea. Also, the room cleaning tends to start rather early in the morning..so the noise above our heads often woke us....perhaps we would consider a top floor suite next time
Breakfast was nice, service always friendly. Very lovely and helpful staff
Great location
Great hotel

Room Tip: S block is usually very quiet. NS block has an alley way that runs behind...motor bikes can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LeonandJulie B
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Awesome. Quieter older guests which I loved. No noisy drunks. Was on 3rd floor A Block. Close to everything. Squirrels on large balcony provided in room entertainment. Beautiful old style gardens. I hear they are getting lifts. Staff fantastic and nothing a problem. Restaurant out front is great. Room had everything including huge bathtub and seperate shower. No mozzies. Thanks KP

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends