“Hotel suitable for family getaways with plenty of factilities for kids”

HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
“Hotel suitable for family getaways with plenty of factilities for kids”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Harris riverview. Excellent n prompt service with a smile. Fantastic hotel for kids,with lotsa activities. The spa wasn't good enough,the shower was broken n leaking,massuers ain't progessional enough too.
There were seafood,satays n fried rice stalls outside the hotel. The seafood n Satay man tried to overcharge us doubly after placing our orders- BEWARE.
Do patronize the fried rice stall who is honest n delicious.

• Stayed March 2012
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Fort-sg,

Thank you for choosing Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta for your stay in Bali and taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your time with us.
We also noted in regard to your constructive review about your experience in spa and bathroom, it is something that we are of course looking at.

Again on behalf of Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali, I would like to thank you for your valuable review and we are looking forward to see you again on your next visit to Bali.

Best Regards

Sebastien Menesguen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Recently stayed 5 nights and it was a great experience. Hotel is well suited to all travelers, but ideal for families as it is off the main entertainment strip. Small taxi fare if you want to get into Kuta central/beach. Service at the hotel was exceptional - especially by Yessy and Ari at the front desk. We came in at 5am and needed an early check-in. Within an hour, the staff managed to get us in the next available room. From room service to the cafe and concierge desk - the staff are ready and willing to assist immediately. Would go back there for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CJ_australia
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear CJ_australia,

Thank you for choosing Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta and taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are very happy to read that your stay was a good one and that you had a wonderful time trying all the options available on site.

Once again thank you for your great comments. Compliments will be pass to the related employees and we now look forward to having you with us again soon.

Best Regards

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Today I was giving a task by my manager in Jakarta to arrange a meeting with the GM with our Founder University in Harris Hotel Riverview Kuta regarding the meeting room and other package to be conduct in the future. Because He's coming to Bali this weekend for business trip.

And I called the hotel to ask the necessary. The receptionist quite polite enough and I am introduce myself as person who works in the University. After they transferred the phone to sales department who handle the meeting room. I forgot His name, and maybe he doesn't introduce himself. So I started the conversation with introduce myself again, and explain our intention to use the meeting room with the capacity 50 pax.

Then the nightmare begin.. His asking when I will be use the meeting room, and I answered I don't know yet.. And he laughs ( I do not know why he laughs, but i felt that he underestimate ). I was thinking if am I doing some thing wrong, because I was very sure I am polite enough and clear. So I am affirming my voice to make sure that I 'm being serious, and I explained to Him what are we are planning to conduct and we still do not know the date because it was not confirmed yet, and I briefly informed the project about. Then he ask again, when?.. and I answered again I don't know, may I know the details price, yet he laugh again ( I was shock and feel unpleasant). Then I asked why you laugh? I'm serious, and I feel very unpleasant about your laughing.
And suddenly he reply back with despise tone: " oh.. I just laughing, if you feel harass, then.. whatever!" .. OMG ( I thought he was gonna say sorry). So sudden I am very mad, but I was out of words, I just hearing he laugh again with the tone and ask me make sure the date first and after that contact us ,if there is anything I want to know more? (with the unpleasant tone). So just reply nothing, and hung the phone

I'm sorry, this really making my day upset with the attitude of the sales staff. I can quite say really2 unprofessional!

I feel bad for your services. And definitely this the the last hotel on my list I wanna deal with.
I'm sorry for the good people who are working there, but I really have to write this.
And please don't bother to apologize. Thank you for unpleasant attitude.

Nice job man!!

Regards,

Johny - Bali Branch Representatives
Limkokwing University

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jacky c
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Mr. Johny,

Greetings from Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta !!.

Thank you for taking the time to review on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I am indeed also very surprise of this attitude that you have explained. I can assure you this is not our standard at all and this kind of way of communicating as never been experience in the past.

I would like deeply to apology on behalf of the hotel staffs.
We have taken up the issue with the team and reviewed the chain of communication so that such unpleasant experience does not reoccur.

Your comments will allow us to give more specific training on how to be more vigilant and most importantly how to "read" guests expectations.

Once again I apology for the experience that happened to you

Best regards

PERTH
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Upon arriving in Bali we were expecting to be met by hotel staff driver, sadly this did not happen and we caught a taxi to Harris Hotel Kuta (where we thought we had booked - whole other story!)

Naturally upon arrival there they said no you are at the other one and Harris Riverview initially wanted 100,000rph to come and collect us for what is only 15,000 by normal taxi. I refused on the grounds that if they had collected us as requested then this mix up would not have occurred. After an hour or so we were finally on our way. The reception staff at Harris Hotel Kuta was fabulous in organising this for a very tired, hot group of travellers.

The hotel itself is quite clean and once you get past reception the staff are very friendly and helpful - a delight!

The pools while lovely are not suitable for diving as they are not that deep, but are pretty with infinite ledges and ample chairs and lounges around. Main pool has basketball hoop and volleyball net. No swim up bar, but you can go into the reception area where there is a small bar area and they will bring drinks out to the pool. There is also a ping pong table and billiard table which the kids enjoyed.

Breakfast buffet was nice but they do not serve bacon at breakfast and for 70,000rph per head was probably a bit pricey.

The rooms were clean but will be due for maintenance soon, of the two rooms we had one toilet had no exhaust fan and the back was coming away, some mould to ceilings. Air con worked pretty well 95% of time. We had river view balcony which was good to see locals fishing etc, balcony quite small and not somewhere to relax for any length of time. I would say the worst bit was the shower and toilet being frosted glass offering little privacy whilst inside. Bedding was comfortable and had good range of tv channels to choose from

If you want someone close to shopping, restaurants, markets of Kuta and Legian then this is NOT the spot as getting a taxi in can be quite a challenge due to the increased traffic, a couple of occasions after being in a cab for over 20 minutes we opted to walk. There is a fabulous day spa nearby (turn left when exiting hotel and is on r/hand side) can highly recommend!!!!!

The hotel overall is fairly good but was not what we expected or had hoped. I believe that a name change to further differentiate between the two hotels in Kuta would avoid lots of confusion as we were not the only family that experienced the same hotel mix up.

We did not use the kids club so can not comment on this.

Room Tip: River view rooms good - but you do hear local roosters
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Mrs. Jodie B,

Warmest greetings from Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali..

Thank you to spend some time to share your review during your stay with us on TripAdvisor.com.

I noted your constructive comment in regard to transportation issue and please accept my sincerest apologies if our free transportation pick up from Harris Kuta to Harris Riverview still did not met your expectation.

Once again thank you for your comprehensive review, it is always important for us to receive guests feed back to improve our hotel services.
Myself and all Harris Riverview staffs are looking forward to meet you again for your next visit.

Best Regards,

Surabaya
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at Harris Riverview for 4Night, we are satisfied.
The residence room is bigger than I expected.
It's good hotel with reasonable price. all the staff are friendly and helpfull.

We come to have vacation with children who like the Dino pool :) it's nice.
The breakfast menu is great .
Thanks to Harris, good job.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TitaSurabaya
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Tita,

Warmest greetings from Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali..

Thank you for spending your precious time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor.com
It was really a pleasure to read your feed back and know that you enjoy your stay with us.

Myself and all Harris Riverview staffs are really looking forward to welcome you back in our Hotel on your next visit in Bali.

Best Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We were in business in Bali, and stayed in this hotel for 5 days. It's great to be in Harris Riverview. It's clean, nice, neat, with simplicity, ORANGE for color and aroma (i like the smell of my room after the fragrance spread all over), friendly staff (really friendly...:)), clean pool (there are 3 regular pools and 1 for kids), games (dart board, badminton, chess)....mmmm...many more good things to mention about this hotel...love it

Room Tip: higher floor is quieter and you can have a nice view of bali from above
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank medhina_m
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Dear Madhina Magdalena,

Warmest greetings from Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali..

Thank you for taking your time to share your review during your stay with us on TripAdvisor.com.

I really appreciate that you enjoy our Harris atmosphere and friendly staffs. It is a pleasure to make our guests stay a memorable one.

Your comments will indeed be pass to the team.

Looking forward to see you in “Harris style” at Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I spent 4 days here, excellent and warm hospitality, packed with always smiling and courteous staffs,this trip made me to be an HARRIS FRIEND in Bali.

Room Tip: Go for Pool view
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
HarrisRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Chandraseygaran,

Warmest greetings from Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview Bali..

Highly appreciated for the time you spent to comment the hotel services and facility on TripAdvisor.com.

It is always an honor and serves us a great satisfaction when we know our guests are happy with the experience in Harris Hotel & Residences Riverview.

Looking forward to see you again to stay with us in simple, unique & friendly ambiance.

Best regards,