All reviews swimming pool convenience store mini market nice bathroom stayed here for nights welcome drink close to the airport late check taxi bw bali sofa channels discovery deluxe
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were not able to sleep well since our first night at Best Western, Kubu Anyar Street. We stayed there for 2 nights. The AC was too noisy and not cool at all. We contacted the front desk to request for a technician to fix the AC. After a while a technician came to check on the AC. According to him, he had to go out to fix the outdoor AC. After couple hours, there was no news from the technician. We had to follow up with the front desk again. The front desk lady told us that according to the technician, our AC has been fixed. However, the AC was still in the same condition as before. Finally, we asked the front desk to send somebody again to re-check the AC. At last, they offered us to move to other room. However, the AC in the new room was not cool either. Since it was almost midnight, we had no choice but to try to sleep in our new room. We were too tired to make a complain AGAIN!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +62811395924.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Very near to Kuta beach and there is a mall nearby to the Kuta beach area. Food was easy to get in Kuta street. There is one convenient store just infront of hotel which opens 24 hours. Staff was helpful and polite. Room was clean and and comfort. Satisfied with the services given by the hotel staff. A little bit disappointed with the cleanliness of the room's chair. It was quite dirty with stain. Overall is a good value deal of stay for those who loves the surfing beach location as it is very near to the beach.

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +62811395924.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

From the moment I step in to the hotel I was already pissed off. The receptionist said that they had a jamming problem with their system, causing an overbooked. So, they had to transfer me to another hotel (big question mark!). They put me in some low level hotel. It did not make sense, If they need to transfer the guest, they could have transfer me to another Best Western hotel in Bali. So I called the hotel again, when I asked for their responsibility, the receptionist said that they have transferred me to a similar level hotel. (how on earth she could say that) that new hotel did not even have its own restaurant...the similar level?? I asked for their responsibility, and the manager gave a different reason to the unavailability that happened. He said that they had a problem with the water pipe. What the f??? They lied to their guest? I had to quarrel with him, and at the end he gave me an upgraded room to deluxe for 2 nights plus welcome dinner, free spa and free pick ups. The problem did not end there. The next morning I went back to the hotel, I had to quarrel again that the manager gave me the deluxe room with all the extra complimentary. It was so annoying that there was no coordination between the manager and the staff, and that I had to quarrel and asked them like a beggar. The most annoying part happened today with the complimentary spa. The day before I was already informed that I would get twice complimentary spa which I already took one, but when I got there (the spa place), she said I had to pay. I asked her to confirm again with the manager, so she called the front office, mentioning (literally) that `the guest insists on getting the second spa`. These words in Indonesian are such a rude term you can say about your customer. I was already tired facing the staff of this hotel, so I did not feel of sending a complain or confirming it anymore. Even with the free pick ups they offer, I do not need it. I have never treated so low like this before with spending a night at a hotel. I am will never use this hotel anymore especially with a broken pipe deluxe room, so not worth it!. You `d better go and choose other hotels if you visit Bali.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nunung R
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and 2 kids, 3yrs old and 4 month old.

The hotel was located down a very narrow side street which made it a nightmare to access by foot with small children and buggy as it was very busy with traffic of all kinds. the hotel has on open face to it, no doors so kids can easily run out into this traffic if unattended. it was nice and clean though. It was situated about a 1 minute walk from the beach and about 10 mins walk from the main bars, clubs and shops.

The staff were great and took care of our children whilst we ate even though this wasnt their job. The food was good, especially the steak by weight and all you can eat BBQ's. These vary in price but cost about £7 or $10 australian per person. Very reasonable. (Exchange rate changes though)

The room was a double, was a bit small, but was well presented, clean and tidy. Has free wifi, not very fast even though it was stated as high speed and a flat screen 32" wall mounted tv with a good mixture of content. Had good aircon though, a safe and minibar.

The roof top pool and bar were very nice although a bit on the small side! Id hate to have seen it if it was busy. It had an amazing view of the sunset but was slightly spoiled by the demolished building it overlooked! Will post a picture.

All in all it was a very cheap holiday and we enjoyed it.

P.S Dont book the airport transfer via the hotel, at the time it cost us 180000 rupiahs ($18 australian or £12). We got a taxi back to the airport which cost 32500 rupiahs ($3.25 australian or £2) for the 30 mins journey (due to traffic).

1  Thank scotsparaman
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had to stay in this hotel due to a problem in our reservation, we were booked in another Best Western in Kuta (Best Western Villa). Good hotel, good premises, but poor service. We had to came back 3 times to reception because we did not had the good key or good room. We even woke up some guest (good key, but room already occupied) due to this issue.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank t_ducos
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012