All reviews poppies lane kuta beach the ground floor deluxe room free wifi rooms are clean nice swimming pool room number star hotel restaurant staff swim up bar bali cleaners clubs shampoo nightlife
Reviewed September 13, 2018

So we arrived at the hotel at 2300 with our hotel airport transfer which was all good. We were then escorted to our room with someone carrying my bag for me. The room was old and outdated which isn't really a problem. The problem was our bed linen was stained and had someone else's black hair on the pillows. The bathroom was still dirty from the previous people staying there. I know this because I had to clean the soap off spray on the shower backing. The drains were absolutely disgusting, stunk and there was not plug. To make matters worse I went to adjust the shower head and it snapped off completely and fell to the floor exposing just a pipe spraying water everywhere. The night staff told me I would have to pay for it as they thought i purposefully damaged it and gave us the room next to us to use the shower only. The next morning I was not made to pay for the repairs next morning and it was quickly fixed which was nice. The room safe also didn't work and the hotel is situated right in front of a Drag Queen show which screams directly in the hotel grounds until 2300. It was not all bad as the day staff and cleaners were very nice and helpful. The aircon was cold, consistent and the airport transfers were good also. Defiantly a 2 star hotel - wouldn't stay again. Hotel needs some serious TLC.

Room tip: If you are going to stay here make sure you ask for a room on the lower levels as there is no elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaronq156
Reviewed September 13, 2018

This is my favourite place in Bali I have been here for 3 times and its in my opinion one of the best and cheap people are really friendly treating costumers in a great standard service it is close to shops and all the surrounding pubs,clubs beach,restaurants and you can still book in the reception foa car to make trips and everything else

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Jose F
Reviewed September 10, 2018

LaWalon is still my home in Bali. The deluxe room is fantastic. The room is very spacious , clean and quiet . The staffs are friendly and helpful. The van service at the hotel is very handy and convenient . It is located on the Poppies Lane I easily to reach Kuta beach and Leigain street. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed August 13, 2018

….STILL HAS ENOUGH POSITIVES TO AVOID A “POOR” RATING

We usually spend a few nights at LA WALON towards the end of our annual Bali visit. It has a fair bit going for it. LOCATION is good – central on POPPIES LANE 1** within easy walk of all Central Kuta’s shopping, restaurants and the beach. PRICE is lower midrange in Bali terms – ie a bargain by western standards. STYLING AND GROUNDS attractive – built in traditional Bali style with compact attractive garden areas with a nice little pool. COMFORTABLE ROOMS. A VERY COMPETITIVE RESTAURANT and BAR** due to the host of nearby competition – food good, very inexpensive, beer and drinks some of the cheapest all trip, service fast. Ditto the EFFICIENT STAFF in the hotel.

But some things had slipped. NOISE was up on account the restaurant now had entertainment (groups varied but one half of a duo was abysmal) which fortunately ended about 2130 (can you tell we’re early zzzzz-ers?) and the sports bar across the road had a lady-boy show, once again ceasing relatively early – about 2300.
REPAIRS were also needed. We got the same room as last year and I noticed the ripped screen in the bathroom still let in mosquitoes on account the makeshift repairs I carried out had unmade themselves.
One improvement – cleaning staff seemed more diligent in that ground and corridors were always being worked on. Room-wise, we’ve never had issues with cleanliness.

TIPS – pay extra on booking for the inclusive breakfast. A bit of a bargain.
- some cabbies reckon they can’t drive up POPPIES LANE. They can – and drop you in the forecourt.
- superior rooms are closer the lane/restaurant and may be noisier
- the restaurant is as inexpensive as any place in the vicinity EXCEPT the below bottom budget BAMBOO CORNER** about 150m up the lane.
-you can charge food and drink to your room and pay with plastic when checking out.
- the massage ladies near the pool do a pretty good job for the price.

**TRIPADVISOR has separate review pages on these.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackeldo
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Had booked hotel 6 months in advance and guaranteed ground floor rooms for my elderly parents. Upon check in they were given 3rd floor rooms. With complaint they were given 1st floor rooms, still one flight of steep stairs.
I produced copies of emails showing this and was met with complete denial that they had sent them. I was told that as I had booked via a booking agent they would require additional payment to receive a ground floor room even though they had assured me a ground floor room was reserved.
I did not mind what floor I was given but expected a clean room.
On inspection my bed sheets were dirty. Not stained, just not changed. I requested the bedding changed and was told that I could not expect better with white sheets, they were covered in urine? And blood. The base sheet changed, I also asked for the quilt cover changed as it had blood spots over the underside and there was no top sheet on the bed.
When the cover was removed the quilt was filthy, stained and covered in black mould. I said I wanted it removed and I asked for a top sheet only.
I was lucky the air conditioner was broken, as I did not have a quilt. I reported it but it was not repaired.
My parents room had a safe that was not secured in any way and therefore not safe!
The bathrooms were mouldy and sparce, shower head protruding from wall with no shower enclosure. Water from shower aimed directly at hand basin.
The hotel overall was run down and in dire need of TLC.
The only saving grace is that after negotiations with hotels.com and evidence that they had not supplied what was agreed they refunded all but the first two nights of our stay as penalty.
We moved to another clean and well kept hotel at a similar price.

Trip type: Travelled with family