I went here with my boyfriend in June 2011 and we were very disappointed to get off our long flight to not find the airport transfer waiting for us.. we had to call the hotel and try and arrange for him to come out.. we ended up waiting nearly an hour until he finally arrived.
When we got to the hotel we were extremely disappointed with the room.. the bathroom sink was in the hallway, and there was cigarette butts and some really yukky looking stains in the bathtub. We were really flat after all our excitement!
In the morning we went for breakfast which was not very appealing, and just had some toast. We decided to have a walk around kuta and see if there were any other available rooms as we did not want to stay there a minute longer. We ended up getting a room at the Kuta Puri which was same price, and a beautiful place to stay.
I would not recommend this hotel to couples or families! Maybe, young people just looking for a very simple place to stay as the location is great for nightclubs etc..
The pool area did look really nice, but was not enough to make us stay. We checked out after one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unlike many budget category hotels , Matahari Bungalow has a large open garden and swimming pool. Cozy hotel at strategic place gives more value for budget hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Bungalow Bar And Restaurant
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Hotel Kuta
- Matahari Hotel Bar
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Bali/Kuta