“Having a truly unforgettable experience”

Kuta Puri Bungalows
Ranked #15 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“Having a truly unforgettable experience”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We've booked this hotel for 2 nites, but for the first one hour we found in our bungalow , there are stains like blood in the bed sheet.
The bathroom is open air and there are so many mosquitos and geckos.
Even we've used the insect spray killer but still it's not help a lot.
The cold water of the sink it's not worked.
We want to report to housekeeping but the telephone is damage.
We couldn't sleep well that night because my husband was sneezing all the night because the room was dusty.
We decided to move to the other hotel and we want to use the internet but the WiFi also not working.
Really annoying and after breakfast we checked out and complain to the receptionist lady but she respond our complain with terrible.
This was a very bad new year experience to stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank sebayang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Just returned from our vacation and we stayed there for two nights. The hotel grounds were very nice and well kept. We always saw people continuously working to ensure that the outside areas around the facilities were clean and provided a good atmosphere. However, the same cannot be entirely said for the rooms. We stayed in a standard room, so obviously not the best. The furniture in the room could have been updated everything was old looking. Also if you wanted to relax in the room, it was difficult because the tv reception was patchy. The pool area was excellent and very relaxing. It was nice they offered pool towels and we really enjoyed eating lunch at the pool bar once. I would say this hotel would be best for people who do not want to spend a lot of money at resorts and don't mind a little dirt or grim. The staff was helpful and there was lots to do around the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelgirl0817
Netherlands
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed here with my wife in May 2009. The rooms are basic, but comfortable and quite enough, if you take into account that you are at Kuta-Beach. The hotel is small oasis at crowded JL. Poppies 1. Restaurant is not the best in town, but around the corner you can find lot's of warungs. The massage in the open hut still hurts when I (as well as my wife) think of it and defenitely don't do that again. For the rest it's a nice place to stay and would most likely return, when in the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I've stay there with my friends nearly week , this place is imazing such as beautiful garden and 2 swimming pool , nice breakfast and staff is lovely . Good location next to the beach.

Room Tip: Next to pool
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rado1986
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Hi, just left today. Stayed in the balianese deluxe bungalows around AU$90pn iirc, Very clean, nice four post bed and outside bathroom. Large new (june 2011) 32" LCD screens, with lots of sattelite channels. Free WiFi, good reception from room. Swimming pools ok - bar staff ok . Only gripe was the fireworks (being so close to beach), although only lasted for a few minutes at a time. Lots of squirils running around and large toads/frogs after the rain - careful not to step on them :).
All in all the place was clean, friendly staff even after the past history of the place. I probably would stay again - although there are so many places to pick from..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Great little hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta, just off Poppies lane, and only a 2 minute walk to the beach, the hotel is a little oasis of calm, with two pools (with swim up bar) set in lovely green balinese surroundings. The rooms were basic, but very nice and comfortable, and definitely value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beccy_i
Sherman Oaks
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Originally I was booked to stay at another place on Poppies lane but when I walked by Kuta Puri and checked it out I loved it so much that I booked there instead on the spot.

Positive:
It's an awesome location and about 1 minute or less walk to the beach.
Close to anything you might need include convenience store etc...
Great pool with swim up bar....they even have a book shelf for you to use.
Their driver that I booked to show me around was awesome and inexpensive.

Negative:
I'm sad to say that the entire staff was very disappointing.
They were not friendly at all.

I swear I never saw the front desk people, restaurant staff OR staff at the pool bar smile once. I know it's off-season.....but they looked tired, bored and not interested in helping anytime I had a request. (I'm not very demanding at all)

Perhaps they've all been working there too long but part of the charm of Bali is the friendliness of the people so as much as I liked the logistics of the place I think I'd look elsewhere on my next trip which really is a bummer.

Also, to echo previous postings......they only give you 2 hours of free WIFI each day and it's a pain because you have to get coupons and enter passwords every time. The signal isn't very strong in the room and I was unable to make any Skype calls.

If you don't care about service or quality interaction with staff but are big on location then it's worth checking out.....otherwise I think you can find better.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo