Our stay was for 4 nights beginning of October.
As per previous comments it is not in the centre of Nusa Dua but only about a 5 – 10 minute drive to the BALI COLLECTION area (shops and restaurants). We arranged to be picked up from the airport and was impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the vehicle and warm and efficient greeting we received.
However a few hiccups upon arrival (approx 9pm), after a long journey we were looking forward to light bite and glass of wine, unfortunately neither were available apart from bintang, tea and tiramisu! I approached the GM to ask about why the hotel did not have an Alcohol License, despite the website indicating so.... I was informed that they are waiting on the license which was being held up by bureaucracy, so if you want to indulge in a bottle of wine over dinner or enjoy a cocktail poolside then to avoid disappointment I would recommend you pre-checking the alcohol licence has been granted prior to booking. The hotel was still being worked on whilst we were there, but did not cause us any inconvenience.
Rooms were clean, well appointed, large and reflective of website pics, with efficient air conditioning. My only criticism is the absence of a dressing Mirror in the Room. There are tea and coffee facilities and a bar fridge.
I can also recommend the treatments and service in the Beauty SPA.
No complaints with the service we received from the staff, they were all polite, efficient, with a real desire to serve you in the best possible way and nothing was too much trouble.
All the common areas of the Hotel and the Pool areas are tastefully and beautifully done. The Hotel was very quiet and this could be due in part to the Alcohol License issue , it certainly prevented us from inviting our friends to the hotel.
The breakfast we found to be satisfying and no problems with the variety, in fact if you ask for anything western they will accommodate. We dined in the restaurant one evening, but to be honest, whilst the service was excellent the food we found to be just ok, nothing to shout about. I did however, enjoy a great club sandwich one lunch time poolside.
Overall we were satisfied with the hotel and we feel it has great potential once fully completed, operating with a full alcohol license and the little touches like mirrors in the room are addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara is located in Bali’s premier tourism destination, the world-class Nusa Dua Tourism Resort. For an unforgettable holiday experience on Bali, the “Isle of the Gods,” 4-star rated Swiss-Belhotel Segara offers an amazingly affordable level of luxury combined with true Balinese hospitality. It is only 16 km from Ngurah Rai International Airport and 2 km from the white sands of Geger Beach. Set in a tropical resort where the emphasis is on relaxation, Swiss-Belhotel Segara is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens. There are also two very attractive lagoon pools and large sunbathing areas. The hotel offers a choice from 54 Superior rooms, 20 Deluxe Rooms, 18 Premiere Rooms, 36 Duplex Lofts, 18 Laguna Rooms and 7 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Hotel Nusa Dua
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua