We arrived at the Laguna in early April after a short stop-over in Singapore where we had stayed at the St Regis. We were very impressed with the greeting we received from the reception staff; being welcomed with a drink and some cold towels. Check-in was swift and we were quickly shown to our room.
No complaints really. The room was pretty large, had everything we needed and as it was our Honeymoon, we received a few small gifts from the Hotel and had a Frangipani bath run for us when we arrived. Some parts of the room could have been doing with "sprucing up" but all in all it was comfortable, clean and of a high standard. Our Balcony overlooked the lagoons and made for a pleasant view. We had one issue...in our second week at the hotel, our hot water started to run out. However, we reported this and on the same day we were upgraded to a suite as the problem was going to take some time to fix. We had help from the staff to package all of our stuff up and move room. Excellent service.
Without doubt, one of the most picturesque resorts I have ever stayed in. The grounds are manicured to within an inch of their lives and they seem to have staff who are dedicated to the full time upkeep of the resort. No blade of grass was out of place! I think the Hotel was only at 40% occupancy when we were there so there was never any problem getting a sun lounger or fighting your way to the pool or the beach. So many pools to choose from and the beach was largely immaculate. Hawkers do speak to you on the beach and try to persuade you to buy things but you do not feel obligated to do so. They are pretty friendly and a polite no, if you are not interested, witll suffice.
Food and Drink:
Yes, it is expensive when compared to prices outwith the Hotel. However, we didn't find it so expensive that it stopped us from eating within the hotel when we couldnt be bothered heading out. The food was of a high quality and to be honest, I didn't mind stumping up a little more money for a better quality of food. Outside the Hotel, the Bali Collection is only a 5 minute walk away and has a wide selection of restaurants which offer up European, Balinese, Japanese, Chinese and Russian food all at cheaper than hotel prices. There is also a large Supermarket and some clothing/souvenir shops too. Drinks were expensive within the hotel, with alcohol prices being pretty steep...so much so that we did without wine for the 2 weeks... We ate at Arwana, Banyubiru and the Cornerstone Deli and all were excellent. Breakfast was varied and always fresh. I would challenge anyone to complain about it.
Some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. They will happily, as with most of the Balinese people, go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible; especially if it is your Honeymoon.
Nusa Dua is pretty sanitised and can be a bit intimidating going through the security gates at the entrance to the resort and then again at the entrance to the hotel, but at least safety is a top consideration. If you want to see the real Bali, you can always jump in a taxi or hire a local driver to take you on a tour for the day which is what we did. Got to see everything we wanted to see for a price that was pretty cheap and never felt pushed to visit any shops or restaurants that we didnt want to visit.
All in all we had an excellent stay at the Laguna. We would thoroughly recommend it for anyone looking for a relaxing holiday on this beautiful island. The staff, attention to detail and comfort all made it a Honeymoon to remember and we will hopefully be back soon. In the two weeks we were there we had prefect weather (no rain at all) and had no major issues with the hotel. 5* trip and recommended to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua