6,699 results
All reviews sorrento restaurant yhi spa level experience el patio lotus restaurant family room all inclusive package lagoon access suite garden villa beach restaurant kids club junior suite our honeymoon low tide lagoon pool beach front private beach
Reviewed August 20, 2008

scarey ride form airport to nusa dua........lots of security checks due to bombing several years ago!
Room was musty.
Reception staff v helpful
Very big hotel so lots of people around the pool fighting for sunbeds!
Too many kids!
Got hassled on the beach by sellers.
Bali collection is a must.......food too expensive at melia bali. much cheaper at the collection
Got hassled by taxi drivers......big time!
Wouldnt go back.........we will stick to the maldives!!

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank keentraveller_8
Ara J, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Dear keentraveller_8
First of all, on behalf of Melia Bali team allow me to extend our deepest apologies for not being able to impress you with some of our facilities and for all inconveniences you have experienced during your stay.
In our effort to continuously improve ourselves, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' feedbacks. I

Our warmest regards
Melia Bali Team

Reviewed August 19, 2008

We stayed at the Melia Bali Garden Villas for our honeymoon in 2006. After a very long and tiring flight, we arrived to this beautiful hotel.
Check in was very fast and efficient and we were shown to villa no. 7(Nakula) .
WOW!!!
We had our own plunge pool and stunning garden - which is completely secluded. Staying in the villas gives you many perks e.g. own private area on beach, separate breakfast room, choice of bedlinen every night and fresh fruit/ pastries/chocolates left everyday. Inside your private villa area as well as your pool, you get an outdoor eating area, a massage bed, a relax area with a large chess set, 2 very large sunlougers and parasol, secluded shower and a fish pond with Koi carp. Inside you have a kingsize four poster bed, entertainment system with 28 inch tv, stereo system and DVD player and a desk area with your own personalised stationery. Then you have his and hers walk in wardrobes complete with free robes, slippers, sarongs, hats and handbag. Your fridge is stocked with drinks and snacks. Next is the large wet room, big enough for 4 people, next to that is a large sunken bathtub big enough for 2 and then a large sink area with 2 sinks and storage.
All restaurants serve fantastic food - we especially liked the Italian and the Chinese. The service was always excellent.
We hired a taxi for the day and was taken to traditional villages to look at different art galleries. We then went to Mount Batur - quite breathtaking. We had lunch here overlooking the volcano.
Our last trip was to a tailors where we had various items of clothing handmade. Two leather jackets for £50.
One evening we went to Kuta where you can buy anything from a picture frame to a Versace bag - the shopping is fantastic - plenty of places to eat and drink too.
This is by far the best holiday we have ever had and plan to return (hopefully) in the next 3 years (need to save a lot of money - especially if you want a villa).

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donbri
Ara J, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2017

Dear donbri
First of all, thank you for staying with us and for sharing your great experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. The reviews like yours help those who is planning to visit Bali to choose a right accommodation.

Please, consider Melia Bali to be your home away from home and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future. Feel free to contact us for any assistance with your future bookings in any Melia Hotel all around the world.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

We were a party of six which included 1 teenager at 16 1 child at 11 yrs old and 2 scuba divers. Everyone was catered for - a lovely relaxing holiday. We were half board and enjoyed the food at all times. Staff are brilliant what lovely polite people they are very tolerant and very patient. The guests are very multi national and everyone got a long fine, There is no saving sunbeds which was great so dont leave them or your things will be gathered up and taken to reception. We stayed here for 2 weeks and always got a sunbed. We went on a elephant safari, whitewater rafting, and to a monkey forest all worth a visit. We had a guide plus driver for the day, if you can arrange this it is well worth the money very good value. We felt safe at all times and my teenage daughter was at ease with the balinese males(couldnt say the same when we went to Egypt) so she would go again! All in all a very lovely holiday and would recommmend to all. The only downside drinks are quite expensive.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Lilly84

Dear Lilly84

Reviewed August 14, 2008

I stayed with my friend in the Melia Bali for 5 nights between 2008, August 5th to 10th. We had a really pleasant time there. The hotel was very nice.

A few days before departure, I had arranged directly with the hotel a pick-up from the airport in Denpasar. Though everything went fine, I do not recommend the use of this service since we had to pay 25 USD for it, which is more than twice the price that we paid with a regular taxi on our way back.

The hotel is located about 25 minutes away from the airport by car. The area of Nusa Dua is really nice and feel really safe (there are security checks when entering the area and the hotel).

The entrance and the lobby are just looking fantastic. In general, the hotel benefits from very nice facilities. The large room (we had booked a Deluxe Garden Room) was also very nicely decorated, pretty clean, with a canopy-like bed and a balcony. The only remark that we could make was about the humidity smell that was a bit too strong and that we do not expect for such an hotel. We would also have liked a flat tv instead of an old one (even if we were not there to whatch tv, obviously).

One of the main interests of the hotel is the gardens which are just gorgeous. They look even nicer in the dark after the night has fallen and candles have been lightened. The swimming pool was quite enjoyable too, though it was not as large as those of the surrounding hotels. But I really think the wonderful gardens were worth having a smaller pool. The beach was also very nice, especially at high tide, but we stayed most of the time around the pool.

There were not that many activities proposed. The spa is definitely one of the most attractive although one could be discouraged with prices that can sometimes appear a bit high. However, the building half-inside, half-outside and the service can make the difference with other cheaper places.

Finally, restaurants and bars offer a good choice of foods and drinks. There are in total 5 restaurants and 2 bars. I would especially recommend the lobby bar and the japanese restaurant. The prices are also a little high. Note that when we were there, it was possible to get a special offer giving 25% discount on drinks and food.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bureaun

Dear bureaun

Reviewed August 10, 2008

I have stayed in different Melia Hotels before and they were always high standard, so I didn't expect any differently.
I had been travelling in Bali both with backpack and suitcase, because I started off in Hotel Aston Benoa, then Hotel Melia Benoa, which are nicer hotels and then I took off for two weeks with my backpack, to end my holidays in pure luxuary in Melia Bali. At least, that were my expactations.
However, Melia Benoa refused to send my suitcase through to Melia Bali, although they are only a few kilometers away from each other, so I first had to pick up my suitcase before going to the Melia Bali.
Arriving at the Melia Bali: when they saw the backpack, they were no longer friendly. Strange, because my room was fully prepaid.
I booked a garden deluxe room, which had very nice interior, excellently decorated with a four-poster bed, big terrace, all very nice with all ammenities one can expect for that price; BUT it stank like fungi, because it was extremely damp.
I went directly to the swimming pool and when I returned, everything in the room was WET: my clothes, the towels, my sheet... just horrible. Housekeeping promised to put a dehumidifier, but never came to empty it and the bucket was full of water after 2 hours, so I didn't get much sleep during my holidays here, because every two hours at night I had to empty the thing! Guest relations refused to do anything about the problem and refused to change my room. I wrote a letter to the hotel management upon my return home, which was politely answered and they admitted they have a problem with the airconditioning, but that's about it, not reembursement, nothing! I have spent a lot of money for a lousy stay! What was meant to be some relaxing days at the pool, became very stressfull days, with hours spent at the guest relations desk.

The breakfast buffet is very nice, but the breakfast restaurant and terrace area are too small to accomodate all the guests. Every morning I had to queue to get a table, which took a very long time to get cleaned and redressed, not to speak about the time I had to wait for coffee.

The hotel gardens are absolutely beautifull and the pool area is magnificent!

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Go to the next door hotels such as Westin, Nusa Dua Beach hotel, etc... and you'll be better off for the same price.
Melia promotes this hotel on their website as a 5*GL hotel. It's not even worth the 5 stars, not to mention the grand luxe!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Steven D
qualitymanager2017, Manager at Melia Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear Esteven,

Sunny Greetings from Tropical Paradise!
First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your stay with us.
In Melia Bali we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest’s expectations, and your feedback are vital in helping Melia Bali to provide a memorable holiday experience that meets the highest standards of excellence. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.
We will be glad to welcome you back, please, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance with your future bookings in any Melia all around the world.

Best regards,