4,336 results
All reviews salsa verde garden cafe kriya spa grand club lounge pasar senggol day bed luxury escapes package japanese restaurant ocean view private beach beautiful resort large hotel kids club great beach beach front hotel grounds low tide
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Ordinary hotel. Pool was bizarrely and unpleasantly at the same temperature as a bath. The hotel needs a massive modernisation. Even our kids asked to go home from this hotel.

2  Thank sue t
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The extra $100 paid for the Grand Club facilities, limited as they are, is certainly not worth it. The breakfast provides more or less the same items as elsewhere in the hotel minus the hot buffet. The grand club pool is quiet but small and not as interesting as the main pool. You even have to pay extra for using the tennis courts. Happy hour at the Grand Club is overcrowded with food often running short and drinks service is very limited with long wait times. So I don't understand what I was paying extra for.
Developed an ear infection from the pool. On questioning why the water in the pool was so murky, was told the filtration system was faulty. So why not close the pool down for health and safety reasons? Was told there were too many guests to close it down!! Take an early morning walk and see the run down condition of the the pool cleaning equipment, tied up with string, tape and leaking all over. Appalling for the Hyatt brand name. Overall, after our third visit here in two years, this hotel is going down and I would not return in a hurry. Having said that, the grounds are spacious and well landscaped and staff friendly, reasons we did return.

2  Thank 2fussyeaters
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I usually tag on 3 night holidays to my HK work trips. This time went to Bali. Wanted to do something more traditionally Balinese and boutique but had the Hyatt points to spend so booked Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua. Its a gorgeous property in the Nusa Dua area of Bali (think more Hawaiian/gated golf resort style area) compared with the more urban and crowded Kuta or Seminayak so is good if you are looking to have a large private resort to roam around. Great pool area with resto and grass-terraced bar, really clean white sand private beach (where I spent most my time). The property has 3 large complexes that feel rather impersonal and hotel-like - make sure you stay in the one closer to the beach. The rooms while large and with balconies - vary in quality. They had me in the back complex in an older room so I made them move me. I was happy with the room they moved me to though. The service itself is a bit slow and scattered, and again impersonal so you are vocal with your needs. Other than that it is a really pleasant resort in Bali if you want to focus on beaching it in particular. The Japanese resto surprised me especially it was really good and the service fantastic. AND the Spa is a MUST DO there you get your own villa with outdoor spa tub and massage table. If you choose to stay in Nusa Dua - do as I did and hire yourself a driver (use local not hotel) via the concierge to take you around for the day to other parts of Bali. For 400,000 r ($43USD) I hired a driver for 10 hours to take me all up the east side through some local temples, to the volcano, then back down through lovely Ubud. We had lunch at the Four Seasons Ubud which is build over the Ayung river gorge and stunning - but the best was the Gunung Kawi temple. Probably the #1 site I saw on the whole trip its set across terraced rice patties in the jungle across a river bridge. If I were to do it again I would spend a week and probably do Nusa again for a couple nights for the beach, Ubud for the gorgeous jungle greenery and lovina or candidasa as per my driver's urging. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Make sure you have them put you NOT on ground floor in one of the complexes closest to the beach. The king standard room is a fine set up though and there is a futon bed-couch like sitting area that could fit kids.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hapakdc
Reviewed April 14, 2012

You can't go wrong if you book this hotel. Somewhere between very good and excellent, this is what I call a grand hotel. We were impressed by the huge and well-maintained premises, elegant and spacious rooms and excellent restaurants, friendly and professional staff. We'll come back.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Hotel amazing as described - grounds are lovely a network of ponds with fish and numerous birds. Beach clean and well cared for. The rooms were well designed spacious and well equiped. Balcony was looking out on to the fish filled pool.
Down side being on the ground floor as most of the arrivals were at nights cases being taken to rooms appeared noisier than actually were.
Breakfast which was included very good choice of food and well presented. Obvious problems at certain times as most people wanted to eat at 9 ish. Although more than one eatery hotel large and often a long wait at this time especially if weather inclement to sit outside.
Drinks and food expensive in the hotel we had a day we were restricted to the hotel and had to eat there. Food excellent quality and mealdeals available.
Plenty of choice around the hotel area to dine so can survive on a cheaper budget.
Balinese culture night which was included in the package with free dinner was good. Amazing selection of food from starters to sweets.
Pool area was our only bone of contention. A hotel with 40 acreas of land at its disposal needs a child free pool. Families are well catered for and it is well layed out for them to do so. The pool as a slide and an area to play water sports. I believe that even families with children like to have an area to unwind when their little ones are settled. Even if you paid for an upgrade it did not include a child free zone.
We are not nti children but its our holiday as well and relaxing can be disturbed by insessant screaming.
Our main aim to return to Bali was to visit Kommodo - we booked this through the rep at the hotel. This was our only mistake. The rep tried to talk us out of going. He said they had many complaints in the past. We went any way. It had not been booked correctly on arriving after an hour flight from Bali we were not met. Only because I saw some one with similar paper work to ours did I manage to find the company we were supposed to go with. They provided a good service once they new we excisted. The trip was amazing 3 days of amazing views excellent food and a great guide. We returned to Bali to find we were not met as supposed to and we had to get a taxi back to our hotel.
The company did compensate us but by the amount we over paid if we had booked on the internet.
We flew Qatar from Heathrow. I would not over rate this service Virgin planes are better. Our return via Doha was uncomfortable and very full and the service was very poor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple